Hydro rate rise blamed on Liberals' private power deals

Sal
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You make money from Gates every time a CN train exports Canadian goods, on both the rail service and the goods.

maybe but not enough for me to quit work and retire early...work on that for me will ya... keep those trains rolling baby

Missplaced
+1
The cake is barely large enough to hold all the icing from these Liberals. Not only do electricity bills go up, all the money spent on nuclear energy to retire fossil fuel generated electricity came from the assurance of handsome profits to Bruce Nuclear by a political party that's prepared to sacrifice not only billions paying folk NOT to produce electricity, hands taxpayers a billion dollar debt for gas-plant shuffles and will gamble the future nuclear waste contamination of the water supply of fifty million people. These are the folk we're supposed to trust because far too many Canadian Sheeple actually believe these goofs have a clue what they're doing!

The entire Liberal caucus in office at the time of the gas-plant closures should be held to criminal account for breach of public trust and yet because there isn't a lawyer {gosh even the word "lawyer" feels slimey and distasteful} with either the moral integrity or hint of pride in their country to file a suit. Because a law exists "on the books" doesn't mean that an action challenging that law can't be filed. This is in fact one of the foundations of jurisprudence. Unless and until politicians are held accountable Canadians will enjoy only a phantom democracy based on counterfeit principle. By whatever black-letter-law that exists that exonerates politicians and political parties from the actions they've taken deserves to be challenged.

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

It's an example of 'would have been worse'.

No, it's an excellent example of deflection by supposition.

Quote:

This appeared to be the moderate, safe decision on our part as no one really complains about hydro rates anymore.

LMAO!!!

And just cuz I love using the polls (Which you love) and especially from Der Star (Which you also love)... Enjoy, lol...

Ontarians fear skyrocketing energy bills, poll shows | Toronto Star

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Only the most frugal are getting very agitated.

The rest of us just get better jobs or move to Alberta.

How about retired folk trying to stay in the homes they built?
People on fixed incomes due to disability?
Businesses trying to survive/grow?

It always amazes me just how many people you're willing to throw under the bus to protect any party that aren't the Cons.

I guess this means you're OK with the Feds spending than.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Last edited by CDNBear; Oct 20th, 2013 at 06:25 AM..

Walter
+1

Wasn't McSquinty a Conservative?

I knew you were slow but...

Dalton McGuinty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

petros
Why would I bother with ON politics Wally?

Without looking it up can you name the leader of the Yukon?

Missplaced

Why would I bother with ON politics Wally?

Without looking it up can you name the leader of the Yukon?

Gosh I thought you were a part of the human race! This planet is a lifeboat hurtling through space and the dynamics of its most intrusive and exploitative species should interest the planets inhabitants. Do you honestly think the cultivated appetites of people investing in diamond mining and mineral exploration throughout the north bodes well for our future? Unless you can alter your linear thinking into a broader paradigm the only people left to both point a finger and attempt to remedy the insult we perpetuate on nature will be the wealthy and powerful who don't really care about regionalism or for that matter the great unwashed.

petros
+1
WTF are you smoking?

Missplaced
+1

WTF are you smoking?

Thanks for your feedback. Don't bother in the future.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Missplaced View Post

Gosh I thought you were a part of the human race! This planet is a lifeboat hurtling through space and the dynamics of its most intrusive and exploitative species should interest the planets inhabitants. Do you honestly think the cultivated appetites of people investing in diamond mining and mineral exploration throughout the north bodes well for our future? Unless you can alter your linear thinking into a broader paradigm the only people left to both point a finger and attempt to remedy the insult we perpetuate on nature will be the wealthy and powerful who don't really care about regionalism or for that matter the great unwashed.

I'm with petros, wtf are you smoking? Or did you just crawl out of suzuki's a$$ to spout your dribble?

Missplaced
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

I'm with petros, wtf are you smoking? Or did you just crawl out of suzuki's a$$ to spout your dribble?

I make every effort to present my ideas with insight sometimes with humor, often a challenge of inviting folk to think beyond the limited "sound-byte" thought process that passes for intelligent dialogue these days. I haven't been rude to anyone and when I mistakenly took a contributors comments at face value instead of appreciating the sarcasm, I apologized for my error.

It seems fairly obvious from the most recent posts that I've made a mistake attempting to participate here. I enjoy reading people's contributions and try to offer interesting responses.

Thanks for the opportunity to participate thus far,but that's it for me.

CDNBear

Thanks for the opportunity to participate thus far,but that's it for me.

Please don't go, seriously, I like reading your posts.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

too thin a skin

Tonington
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

You'll never read about this in the CBC

Ontario electricity rates rising due to Liberal mistakes, opposition says - Toronto - CBC News

Quote: Originally Posted by Sons of Liberty View Post

I really don't get it, Canada has such an abundance of resources and everything is so expensive. Your gas is about $2 higher per gallon than ours, your electric should be very very cheap and its not even close, I haven't heard anyone complain about natural gas so I guess that is under control. What gives?

Our gasoline is more expensive because there are fewer subsidies on our gas, and we pay more taxes on gasoline. As for power rates, it depends where you live . In Montreal, an average home pays 7.3 cents per kWh, while in Halifax you'll pay 14.9 cents per kWh. Quebec power is government owned. Nova Scotia Power was sold to the private sector years ago. Even at 14.9 cents, that's still less than rates in many US cities .

petros
Quote:

Quebec power is government owned. Nova Scotia Power was sold to the private sector years ago.

Irrelevant. Take a look on the national scale at who owns what and the rates.

Missplaced
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Over the years I've bumped into you several times and we've had our differences that were resolved in a gentlemanly fashion. I always meant to thank you for your service to your country but never seemed to get around to it so I'll say it here.

Thanks!

I reconsidered my decision to no longer participate at Canadian Content and upon reconsideration realized that I was affording these less than fully evolved folk license to perpetuate the scramble to the bottom, the essence of mediocre thought and juvenile presentation that our elected morons rely on as proof that Canadians can't really think for themselves. Why do we allow the bottom feeders and evolutionarily challenged to set the tone? Well we shouldn't and I won't. They don't have the mental capacity to engage in polite discourse and inevitably demonstrate their inability by ad hominem attacks exposing their limited capacities with one liner insults.

They shall be ignored.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by cdnbear View Post

please don't go, seriously, i like reading your posts.

Quote: Originally Posted by missplaced View Post

thanks so much for the encouragement!

ding!!!

CDNBear
+1

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Over the years I've bumped into you several times and we've had our differences that were resolved in a gentlemanly fashion. I always meant to thank you for your service to your country but never seemed to get around to it so I'll say it here.

Thanks!

I appreciate that very much, but it's not necessary.

Quote:

I reconsidered my decision to no longer participate at Canadian Content and upon reconsideration realized that I was affording these less than fully evolved folk license to perpetuate the scramble to the bottom, the essence of mediocre thought and juvenile presentation that our elected morons rely on as proof that Canadians can't really think for themselves. Why do we allow the bottom feeders and evolutionarily challenged to set the tone? Well we shouldn't and I won't. They don't have the mental capacity to engage in polite discourse and inevitably demonstrate their inability by ad hominem attacks exposing their limited capacities with one liner insults.

They shall be ignored.

I wouldn't ignore them, I think they just need a chance to get to know you and your style.

CDNBear
+1
PCs want Liberal party to pay gas plant cancellation costs | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

Good idea.

During question period, Premier Kathleen Wynne shot back that the Tories cost taxpayers potentially billions of dollars when they leased Hwy. 407 to a private consortium in 1999 for 99 years.

Wynne said she was told by a former Ontario Ministry of Transportation employee, while campaigning in 2003, that the $3-billion lease was just a fraction of the highway’s value.

LMAO!!!

petros
+1
GE brings good things to life...most of the time.