Capitalism will save this world


Cliffy
#2011
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Prog agitprop.

regressive ignorance
 
Curious Cdn
-1
#2012
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

... agitprop.

Did you just discover that word?

I haven't seen or heard it used since the 1970s.

It was one of those "Time Magazine" words.
 
Danbones
#2013
Yes, and it appears as the header on your paychecks too...

As in Vlad's central department of...
 
Cliffy
+1 / -1
#2014
 
taxslave
+4
#2015
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

None where I live B.C.Childrens has much private founding as well as a yearly lottery . Why do they need that funding ?

Because the left refuse to pay their fair share.
 
Hoid
#2016
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Did you just discover that word?

I haven't seen or heard it used since the 1970s.

It was one of those "Time Magazine" words.

someone said "rent free" once to Walter and he has now repeated it 27,000 times.
 
Walter
-1
#2017
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

regressive ignorance

No, prog agitprop.
 
Walter
-1
#2018
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

All shit.
 
Curious Cdn
+1 / -1
#2019
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

No, prog agitprop.

It's the buzzword du jour.
A couple of years back, it was "cuck" from the Alt Reich posters.
 
Hoid
+2
#2020
Cuck

 
Jinentonix
+5
#2021
And shmuck.
 
taxslave
#2022
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

regressive ignorance

Same thing.
 
Cliffy
+2 / -1
#2023
 
captain morgan
+3
#2024
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Because the left refuse to pay their fair share.


Parasitic bastards


Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

someone said "rent free" once to Walter and he has now repeated it 27,000 times.


Still rent free
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#2025
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

And shmuck.

You think that the judicial system is responsible for laying charges?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#2026
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Parasitic bastards
Still rent free

Just out of curiosity, what do you see as the problems, and what solutions do you propose?
 
captain morgan
+2
#2027
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You think that the judicial system is responsible for laying charges?


Mr Trudeau has made it clear that he, and he alone is in charge of laying charges


Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Just out of curiosity, what do you see as the problems, and what solutions do you propose?


In my opinion, I believe that one of the fundamental problems we have is that our current political system does not have the appropriate checks and balances in place that will go some ways to securing elected officials that have a shred of accountability and legitimacy... I can appreciate that the aforementioned does not directly tackle your question, however, if we operate a system that has little or no integrity, then it's a fool's errand to install one that only the electorate are beholden to.


As far as a more direct comment on the leftist parasitic habits (as per my definition), my stance is based on a fiscally conservative approach... Have all of the safety nets, social services, etc you like, but in a manner that society can afford the programs as a byproduct of the success of the private sector.


Further, seek to offer folks a hand-up rather than a hand-out... Give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish, yada yada yada
 
Tecumsehsbones
+3
#2028
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Mr Trudeau has made it clear that he, and he alone is in charge of laying charges

Isn't he? Isn't he the big boss of Justice Canada or whatever the heck you call it?

Quote:

In my opinion, I believe that one of the fundamental problems we have is that our current political system does not have the appropriate checks and balances in place that will go some ways to securing elected officials that have a shred of accountability and legitimacy... I can appreciate that the aforementioned does not directly tackle your question, however, if we operate a system that has little or no integrity, then it's a fool's errand to install one that only the electorate are beholden to.

I agree. Got some theoretical notions of what to do about it, but damned if I can figure out how to get them into play.

Quote:

As far as a more direct comment on the leftist parasitic habits (as per my definition), my stance is based on a fiscally conservative approach... Have all of the safety nets, social services, etc you like, but in a manner that society can afford the programs as a byproduct of the success of the private sector.

As a citizen of a country $22 trillion in debt, how could I disagree?

Rule #1: Whatever you want to do in the world, you can't do it if you don't have money.

Quote:

Further, seek to offer folks a hand-up rather than a hand-out... Give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish, yada yada yada

Yep. Here's one. . . if you don't have a job, and are able, you pick up trash from the side of the road. Ten bucks an hour. If you take classes (approved vocational/technical classes, not Art History), you get paid for C or better.

If you have a kid, day care (free to you) while you work/study. Maybe you study child care and end up in charge of the local center.

Either way, you work your way out of picking up trash, or you work picking up trash for your room and board. You can do it until you're 80. We probably won't run out of trash. Or you go off the rails and into crime, and take your chances.
 
Cliffy
+1
#2029
 
Walter
-1
#2030
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Yet the climate cult say it is.
 
Curious Cdn
#2031
It should will be when the Flora there that produce 20% of our atmospheric oxygen is turned to carbon.

Suddenly, Canada's Boreal Forest is humanity's emergency oxygen supply.
 
AnnaEmber
+6
#2032
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

It should will be when the Flora there that produce 20% of our atmospheric oxygen is turned to carbon.

Suddenly, Canada's Boreal Forest is humanity's emergency oxygen supply.

Doubtful. Phytoplankton (single-cell ocean plants) supplies about 50 to 85% of the oxygen on Earth.
 
Walter
+5 / -1
#2033
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Doubtful. Phytoplankton (single-cell ocean plants) supplies about 50 to 85% of the oxygen on Earth.

Shhh. Climate cultists don't like to know facts.
 
AnnaEmber
#2034
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Shhh. Climate cultists don't like to know facts.

So much of the Amazon forests burning will affect the climate there, though.
 
Curious Cdn
#2035
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Doubtful. Phytoplankton (single-cell ocean plants) supplies about 50 to 85% of the oxygen on Earth.

We all hope that they do better in warmer seas in future. The rich breeding grounds of that foundation of the pyramid of terrestrial life is where cold Arctic currents meet warmer ones that are headed to the poles. They do not bask in tepid soup?
 
Hoid
#2036
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Doubtful. Phytoplankton (single-cell ocean plants) supplies about 50 to 85% of the oxygen on Earth.

The oceans have lost about 40% of all phytoplankton in the last 100 years. Largely due to rising sea surface temps.
 
Cliffy
#2037
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The oceans have lost about 40% of all phytoplankton in the last 100 years. Largely due to rising sea surface temps.

not to mention all the toxic algal blooms happening because of the warmer sea and fresh waters.


https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/hazards/hab/
 
Walter
+2 / -1
#2038
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

not to mention all the toxic algal blooms happening because of the warmer sea and fresh waters.
https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/hazards/hab/

Such bullshit.
 
AnnaEmber
+5
#2039
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

not to mention all the toxic algal blooms happening because of the warmer sea and fresh waters.


https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/hazards/hab/

And even those contribute oxygen to the atmosphere.
 
MHz
#2040
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

And even those contribute oxygen to the atmosphere.

Really? In the water they consume all the O2 and all the fish die. Fertilizer is a big cause of the blooms. They should be skimmed and added back to the fields. Air bubbled through the waters will help the water recover faster after the bloom dies off.
 

Similar Threads

8
How to save the world
by I think not | Nov 2nd, 2010
348
7 Ways to Save the World
by I think not | Nov 1st, 2010
73
Socialists Will Save The World
by darkbeaver | Apr 21st, 2007