Malaysian Airlines jet crewand passengers suffocated?


#juan
#1
Malaysia Airlines MH370: Passengers likely suffocated, investigators say - World - CBC News

This is a hard judgement with almost no evidence but where is the airplane?
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#2
So when they have no available evidence ... they guess.
 
#juan
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

So when they have no available evidence ... they guess.

It is hard to rule out almost anything. If the aircraft hit the water at speed, you would expect to find some debris or some physical evidence., You'd think that something would have been found by now.
 
Highball
#4
Just climb to 45,000 ft elevation; turn off the passenger compartment air, have the front cabin go to air masks and let them fall asleep. The front cabin survives and the passenger compartment folks all pass on gently. Just a thought from an old aviator.
 
gopher
+1
#5  Top Rated Post
ugh - all horribly ugly scenarios

Henceforth, I'm keeping my feet on the ground and will never go on an airplane ever again.
 
#juan
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Highball View Post

Just climb to 45,000 ft elevation; turn off the passenger compartment air, have the front cabin go to air masks and let them fall asleep. The front cabin survives and the passenger compartment folks all pass on gently. Just a thought from an old aviator.

For what purpose? I'm told there is little chance of getting out of that airplane alive even if you had a parachute.
 
lone wolf
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Highball View Post

Just climb to 45,000 ft elevation; turn off the passenger compartment air, have the front cabin go to air masks and let them fall asleep. The front cabin survives and the passenger compartment folks all pass on gently. Just a thought from an old aviator.

Prettier scenario than what happens in a blowout at 45
 
#juan
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Prettier scenario than what happens in a blowout at 45

Yes, an explosive decompression can be ugly.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

It is hard to rule out almost anything. If the aircraft hit the water at speed, you would expect to find some debris or some physical evidence., You'd think that something would have been found by now.

If it hit the water .... this whole thing seems very strange to me.
 
coldstream
#10
I've always thought the theory that the pilots and passenger suffered from hypoxia.. which is not really smothering.. but a loss of all reasoning faculties and finally consciousness due to lack of oxygen.. was always the most plausable explanation for this.
 
gopher
+1
#11
We had a tv news report here in Gopherland that many folks have now sworn off flying on air lines again. Most cite the delays and other hassles in the long lines. But others voiced concerns over safety. Dunno why jets and other aircraft cannot be made safer or made to be able to land on water so that lives can be spared.
 

Similar Threads

6
Israel has Malaysian airliner??
by #juan | Mar 29th, 2014
0
Malaysian teacher caned by principal
by sanctus | Apr 15th, 2007