Trayvon Martin's Hoodie Eyed for Smithsonian Exhibit


Locutus
#1
The hooded sweatshirt Trayvon Martin wore the night George Zimmerman shot him to death could end up on display at the Smithsonian Institution.

The shirt became a powerful symbol of the case after Zimmerman described Martin as wearing a "hoodie" the night he killed the teen, claiming self-defense. Protestors across the country wore hoodies in support of Martin as they called for Zimmerman's arrest, prosecution and conviction.

A Florida jury acquitted Zimmerman last month, finding too little evidence to convict him of second-degree murder or manslaughter.

more

Trayvon Martin's Hoodie Eyed for Smithsonian Exhibit



That's real retarded sir.

 
Walter
#2
If BHO had a hoodie it would be like Trayvon's.
 
Locutus
+1
#3
The Shroud of Trayvon

Just when you think the left canít possibly get more unhinged about the shooting of black Trayvon Martin, the next step in his beatification is getting underway: the hoodie he died in may be acquired for the Smithsonian Institution. This not only will imbue it with an historical civil rights significance, which it has not earned, but will practically accord it the status of a religious relic.


do read on...


The Shroud of Trayvon | FrontPage Magazine
 
DaSleeper
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

The Shroud of Trayvon

Just when you think the left can’t possibly get more unhinged about the shooting of black Trayvon Martin, the next step in his beatification is getting underway: the hoodie he died in may be acquired for the Smithsonian Institution. This not only will imbue it with an historical civil rights significance, which it has not earned, but will practically accord it the status of a religious relic.


do read on...


The Shroud of Trayvon | FrontPage Magazine

When I read the name of the director of the Smithsonian, my dyslexia read it as Looney Bunch....Or maybe there is nothing wrong with my eyesight and that name is more appropriate for the twit.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

The Shroud of Trayvon

Just when you think the left canít possibly get more unhinged about the shooting of black Trayvon Martin, the next step in his beatification is getting underway: the hoodie he died in may be acquired for the Smithsonian Institution. This not only will imbue it with an historical civil rights significance, which it has not earned, but will practically accord it the status of a religious relic.


do read on...


The Shroud of Trayvon | FrontPage Magazine

This is terrible.
 
captain morgan
#6
Maybe they can preserve Trayvon's facebook pages and twitter entries as required reading for American students.... His words would be far more powerful than a ratty old hoodie
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#7  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Maybe they can preserve Trayvon's facebook pages and twitter entries as required reading for American students.... His words would be far more powerful than a ratty old hoodie

He deserved to die.
 
captain morgan
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

He deserved to die.

Well, what do you think?

MLK's words have been (rightfully) immortalized, Rosa Parks' actions detailed (as they should be)... Why not include Trayvon's words and actions in addition to the hoodie?

Afterall, the hoodie is only a symbol of 'something'.. Clearly there must be something substantive behind the symbol that represents Trayvon.
 
petros
+1
#9
Quote:

Why not include Trayvon's words and actions in addition to the hoodie?

Because it's irrelevant?
 
captain morgan
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Because it's irrelevant?

The hoodie, actions, what he stood for?

Exactly what is irrelevant?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

The hoodie, actions, what he stood for?

Exactly what is irrelevant?

What exactly did Trayvon Martin "stand for?"

This goes to the really subtle stuff like the fact that MLK and Rosa Parks deliberately took public stands. The difference between that and Trayvon Martin apparently escaped you.
 
petros
#12
The Heebs in Jew York have undone what Parks did, MLK was a commie and a nancy. Should they be yanked from history?
 
captain morgan
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

What exactly did Trayvon Martin "stand for?"

I don't really know... maybe that he was an accomplished street fighter?.. He seemed to get the upper hand on Zimmerman until the gun came out

Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

This goes to the really subtle stuff like the fact that MLK and Rosa Parks deliberately took public stands. The difference between that and Trayvon Martin apparently escaped you.

Please explain...
 
petros
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

I don't really know... maybe that he was an accomplished street fighter?.. He seemed to get the upper hand on Zimmerman until the gun came out

How hard is it to beat up a half-wit?
 
captain morgan
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

The Heebs in Jew York have undone what Parks did, MLK was a commie and a nancy. Should they be yanked from history?

Why exclude all the other symbolic individuals out there... Gender related incidents, racial events to reflect on all races, we have culturally related incidents, ageism, Political affiliation, victims of perps that are booze-soaked, drugs and just plain-ole bad intentions.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

How hard is it to beat up a half-wit?

Apparently it can have lethal consequences.

In fact, one might ask who is the half wit in bringing their fists to a gun fight
 
petros
#16
No matter what, he'll always be a half-wit, gun or no gun. It never made him any smarter did it?
 
WLDB
#17
Strange.
 
Zipperfish
+1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

How hard is it to beat up a half-wit?

I've had my *** kicked by a couple of half-wits. Probably because I called them half-wits.
 
petros
+1
#19
You should have shot them.
 
captain morgan
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

No matter what, he'll always be a half-wit, gun or no gun. It never made him any smarter did it?

Well, one of them is walking around today and the other isn't.... That said, no amount of critique or insults at Zimmerman will bring back Martin, will it?
 
petros
#21
Now the world is down a brain and a half.
 
Zipperfish
+2
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You should have shot them.

Yeah, just not the Canadian thing to do. I was in the bush one summer workign and ran into an American tourist who was worried about the bears. I told him that if the bear is pissed off or hungry there's not much you can do. "But Grizzlies can't climb trees right?" "Well, most of them can't. Some can." When he realized that I was in bear country all day he asked why on earth I didn't have a rifle. And I thought about that for a while and couldn't really give him a good answer.
 
petros
#23
Fear.
 
Sal
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

Yeah, just not the Canadian thing to do. I was in the bush one summer workign and ran into an American tourist who was worried about the bears. I told him that if the bear is pissed off or hungry there's not much you can do. "But Grizzlies can't climb trees right?" "Well, most of them can't. Some can." When he realized that I was in bear country all day he asked why on earth I didn't have a rifle. And I thought about that for a while and couldn't really give him a good answer.

how many times were you attacked?
 
Zipperfish
+2
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

how many times were you attacked?

None. Crapped my pants when I accidentally got between a black bear mom and her cub though. Just kept briskly walking adn luckily the bear either didn't see me or didn't see me as a threat.
 
petros
+1
#26
It didn't need to see you. It could smell you.
 
Sal
+2
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

None. Crapped my pants when I accidentally got between a black bear mom and her cub though. Just kept briskly walking adn luckily the bear either didn't see me or didn't see me as a threat.

there ya go...guns aren't the answer to everything...
 
DaSleeper
+2
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

there ya go...guns aren't the answer to everything...

If he'd had a gun, he might have felt more secure, and saved himself a diaper rash
 
Sal
+2
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

If he'd had a gun, he might have felt more secure, and saved himself a diaper rash

yes but he cleans up well
 
DaSleeper
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

yes but he cleans up well

When you're planning a day in the bush, two things are a must....(among other things) is fly dope and toilet paper...
I was lucky once that I was near a river while out prospecting when the "need" came. It was either use my shorts to clean up, or walk feet wide apart into the river to wash up.....I choose the river cold as it was...
Never forgot putting toilet paper in my knap sac afterwards......