If Americans knew more about the rest of the world.....

petros
"Video rebuttal" for the hard questions? That's what somebody who has been PWNED would do.

CDNBear
The prophecy continues...

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

"Video rebuttal" for the hard questions?

Hard questions?

You haven't answered mine. Why should I show your off topic questions any respect?

Quote:

That's what somebody who has been PWNED would do.

You posted a video?

petros
A regular ****ed Mohammed are ya? Why are you avoiding the questions?

CDNBear

A regular ****ed Mohammed are ya?

So we've reached the **** stage of the discussion have we. Cool, the discussion is moving along on schedule now.

Quote:

Why are you avoiding the questions?

1, You refuse to answer my on topic question.
2, They bear no weight on my post in question.

petros
Why does ownership matter? Control.

Why is owing private banks better and not evil?

Come on. You're up to bat.

CDNBear

Control.

How so? Your answer is a tad vague.

petros
What is vague about it? Control of finances and resources of a nation is control of a nation.

CDNBear

What is vague about it? Control of finances and resources of a nation is control of a nation.

Fair enough, so how was my reply to Angst wrong?
Last edited by CDNBear; Sep 25th, 2011 at 11:05 AM..

petros
How was Angstrom wrong in questioning the reasons which indicate that public ownership of resources and debt is bad and often equated to "evil regimes"?

He had a strong and valid point but as you and I know he's not exactly the best at articulating what he means.

CDNBear

How was Angstrom wrong in questioning the reasons which indicate that public ownership of resources and debt is bad and often equated to "evil regimes"?

How was my reply to Angst wrong?

Quote:

He had a strong and valid point....

No he didn't.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

How was my reply to Angst wrong?

No he didn't.

Because you knew damn well what he meant in the first place.

He was wrong in noticing that every time a nation tries to take back control of their wealth they get labelled as evil?

CDNBear
+1

Because you knew damn well what he meant in the first place.

Of course I did. He meant...

Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

AS long as they know we have a central bank and we don't control our own resource thats all they care about.

He says clearly, we have a central bank, and we don't control our resources. Shall I post all the legislation regarding control of our resources?

Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

I have recently noticed, don’t you find it odd that the countries “they don’t like”, Iran, Venezuela, etc do not have central banks and control their own resources… Just a thought.

Iran and Venezuela, have central banks. As I so aptly proved.

Where's the issue?

petros
Yeah they do have central banks but they are publically owned as well as their resources. Our Central Bank is publicly owned too but we don't own our debt through our bank. How is that good for Canada as a whole?

CDNBear
+1

Yeah they do have central banks but they are publically owned as well as their resources.

There ya go. That wasn't hard was it. Thanks for finally conceding that I was right.

I hope getting PWND by me, doesn't ruin the rest of your day...

petros
Uh huh. Oh you got me big time. I'll never live such pettiness down.

Is that why you won't touch on the ownership and control aspect that Angstrom was eluding to?

CDNBear

Uh huh. Oh you got me big time.

Ya, I know, it's become common practice.

Quote:

I'll never live such pettiness down.

Especially when you do the same thing almost weekly.

Quote:

Is that why you won't touch on the ownership and control aspect that Angstrom was eluding to?

What control thing he was alluding to?

petros

What control thing he was alluding to?

He never mentioned control?

CDNBear

He never mentioned control?

Why are you asking me? You're the one that said he was eluding to it. Although I suspect you meant alluding. But I try not to point out such silly things.

petros
Right on. Another polka by the dancing bear.

Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom
AS long as they know we have a central bank and we don't control our own resource thats all they care about. I have recently noticed, don’t you find it odd that the countries “they don’t like”, Iran, Venezuela, etc do not have central banks and control their own resources… Just a thought.

Just for ****s and giggles we'll add in the "ownership" of the Central Banks so you can catch up.

CDNBear

Right on. Another polka by the dancing bear .

Is that your Native name? Very cool. Funny how they always seem to lend something to the character of the person eh?

dancing bear is so apropos for you.
Quote:

Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom

AS long as they know we have a central bank and we don't control our own resource thats all they care about. I have recently noticed, don’t you find it odd that the countries “they don’t like”, Iran, Venezuela, etc do not have central banks and control their own resources… Just a thought.

Just for ****s and giggles we'll add in the "ownership" of the Central Banks so you can catch up.

What does that have to do with central banks dancing bear?

petros
Reader's Digest must really **** you up.

CDNBear

Reader's Digest must really **** you up.

I don't read that publication.

Have a fun and happy PWND filled day petros.

petros
PWNED by? You certainly didn't.

CDNBear
+1

PWNED by? You certainly didn't.

You already conceded...

There ya go. That wasn't hard was it. Thanks for finally conceding that I was right.

I hope getting PWND by me, doesn't ruin the rest of your day...

Your reply...

Uh huh. Oh you got me big time. I'll never live such pettiness down.

Thanx for coming out petros, I still hope getting PWND by me, doesn't ruin your day.

petros
Even if I were it wouldn't bother me one bit. If a SpEd thinks he one upped me then so be it. I'll give a SpEd his day in the sun.

CDNBear

Even if I were it wouldn't bother me one bit. If a SpEd thinks he one upped me then so be it. I'll give a SpEd his day in the sun.

Apparently it does bother you...

I'll never live such pettiness down.

Nope, you sure won't.

petros
Not at all.

CDNBear
+1

Not at all.

Excellent, you agree that you won't live down your pettiness.

Despite their outward appearance, these are positive steps you're taking petros.

EagleSmack
+1

The Old Medic
In my case, I began spending the summer with my paternal grandparents in 1945, and spent at least a month (usually 2 months or more) of every summer in Canada till 1958 (my grandfather died that December).

So, I was pretty familiar with Canada, much more so that the average American kid, and even more than many Canadian kids. He worked for the CPR, and we traveled all over the country on railroad passes. We went from Nova Scotia to Vancouver, hit all of the cities, and most of the Canadian National Parks. I got to see where my great-grandparents lived in Wallace, Cumberland Co., NS, where my mothers family lived in Tilsonburg in Oxford County, where my Loyalist Wright's (my mother was a Wright) lived in Durham County, etc., etc.

I probably traveled around Canada far more than most Canadians did in that era. And, being a dual citizen from birth, I was also rather familiar with the Canadian governmental system too. (So you can imagine how upset I was when I discovered that the Canadian government had stripped me, my 6 siblings, and tens of thousands of other of their Canadian citizenship. But, that's another topic.)

But, very honestly and without bitterness and the usual jokes and snide remarks:

Why should most American pay any significant amount of attention to Canada? What really makes Canada important to the world as a whole, and to the USA in particular? (And don't say oil, because most people don't really know where oil comes from, nor do they care, unless there is a shortage.)

So come on all you Canadian zealots. Give some VALID reasons just WHY the average American should be knowledgeable about Canada?