A lone stag stands majestically beneath a perfect rainbow in this remarkable nature lover’s photograph.

Stephen Davies, 47, captured the moment on a family expedition to Glen Etive in the Scottish Highlands.

LOOKS LIKE RAIN DEER Breathtaking photos capture lone stag beneath picture-perfect rainbow in Scotland

Stephen Davies, 47, also captured the deer in a fierce mating battle while on a trip to Glen Etive with his family

By Sun Reporter
22nd March 2018
The Sun

A LONE stag stands majestically beneath a perfect rainbow in this remarkable nature lover’s photograph.

Stephen Davies, 47, captured the moment on a family expedition to Glen Etive in the Scottish Highlands.

Nature-lover Stephen was left stunned after capturing the stag by itself underneath the rainbow

Mr Davies from Tullibody, Clackmannanshire, said: “I was with my partner, stepdaughter and her partner who had come to visit us.

“We took a drive up and I saw one stag on the mount and realised that there was a rainbow in the background.

“I then saw another stag coming towards the other one. It must have thought it was eating food or something.

“It was then I thought this was just the perfect opportunity to take a picture. I could not resist.”

Stephen's amazing snap looks incredibly similar to the iconic 1851 painting The Monarch of the Glen by Sir Edwin Landseer

Phone shop manager Stephen said he quickly snapped the moment and was left in awe at the 'perfect' spectacle

The phone shop manager added: “I took the picture and when you see something like that you know you have an opportunity to capture something special.

“It was a wow moment. One of those moments you don’t expect to see.”

The nature lover's snap echoed Sir Edwin Landseer’s famed 1851 painting The Monarch of the Glen.

Stephen Davies also captured the incredible moment of two stags rutting beneath the picture-perfect rainbow

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/586992...rfect-rainbow/
Last edited by Blackleaf; Apr 2nd, 2018 at 05:35 AM..