Jr. light years from reality!


JLM
+1
#1
Jr. claims if he's elected he'll take in 25 thousand refugees! It's very noble to help refugees and I agree we should take in a few, BUT we have thousands of our own people living in deplorable conditions. Let's start with providing residents of Attawapisat with decent living conditions. You clean up your own house before you try to clean up the world. Dumb Jr.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Jr. claims if he's elected he'll take in 25 thousand refugees! It's very noble to help refugees and I agree we should take in a few, BUT we have thousands of our own people living in deplorable conditions. Let's start with providing residents of Attawapisat with decent living conditions. You clean up your own house before you try to clean up the world. Dumb Jr.

Most politicians are good at saying what their elector base like to hear without promising too much, but the shiny pony is an expert at doing it without thinking too much......
 
JLM
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Most politicians are good at saying what their elector base like to hear without promising too much, but the shiny pony is an expert at doing it without thinking too much......

There's no doubt the man is far from being ready to govern.
 
#juan
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Jr. claims if he's elected he'll take in 25 thousand refugees! It's very noble to help refugees and I agree we should take in a few, BUT we have thousands of our own people living in deplorable conditions. Let's start with providing residents of Attawapisat with decent living conditions. You clean up your own house before you try to clean up the world. Dumb Jr.

Attawapiskat shouldn't even exist where it is. There are no jobs. There is very little game in the area. How do we provide decent living conditions where a large percentage of the people are on welfare and living in horribly overcrowded conditions. With little hope of finding a job, the people can see no future because there isn't any. How would you fix Attawapiskat JLM?
 
JLM
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Attawapiskat shouldn't even exist where it is. There are no jobs. There is very little game in the area. How do we provide decent living conditions where a large percentage of the people are on welfare and living in horribly overcrowded conditions. With little hope of finding a job, the people can see no future because there isn't any. How would you fix Attawapiskat JLM?

As you suggest, move the community lock stock and barrel. I believe the population of Attawapiskat is about 1/10 of Jr.'s ambitious idea and shouldn't be any more difficult than moving in 2,500 refugees. I was watching Paul Martin on the idiot box yesterday, according to him, our Indian population has tremendous ability and intellect and all they need is a chance. Let's look after the people we already have before bringing in more. I'm not against bring in refuges but perhaps we should limit to a couple of hundred for a start. There is going to be huge obstacles to assimilating a lot of them just from the point of view of acclimatizing them not to mention the language and cultural differences. Let's not be stupid and clean up our own back yard first!
 
DaSleeper
#6
A good percentage of Attawapiskat residents are in town here right now, and every year more don't go back...
 
MHz
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

. . .we have thousands of our own people living in deplorable conditions. Let's start with providing residents of Attawapisat with decent living conditions. You clean up your own house before you try to clean up the world. Dumb Jr.

That would seem to mean our past and present Govt haven't been doing all that good of a job.

Taking in displaced people is not solving the problems of the world.

Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

There's no doubt the man is far from being ready to govern.

What he was describing was a 'liar' and the qualifications they come with. Helps explain why I find this place so entertaining at times.
 
taxslave
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

As you suggest, move the community lock stock and barrel. I believe the population of Attawapiskat is about 1/10 of Jr.'s ambitious idea and shouldn't be any more difficult than moving in 2,500 refugees. I was watching Paul Martin on the idiot box yesterday, according to him, our Indian population has tremendous ability and intellect and all they need is a chance. Let's look after the people we already have before bringing in more. I'm not against bring in refuges but perhaps we should limit to a couple of hundred for a start. There is going to be huge obstacles to assimilating a lot of them just from the point of view of acclimatizing them not to mention the language and cultural differences. Let's not be stupid and clean up our own back yard first!

But it is their aboriginal right to be where they are and suck off the taxpayer. And complain about it.
 
petros
#9
Why is cut lumber shipped into a forest where there is a housing shortage. James Bay needs a decent port. Ports bring jobs and even more cut lumber and concrete batchbplants, loaders and excavators.
 
JLM
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

But it is their aboriginal right to be where they are and suck off the taxpayer. And complain about it.

My opinion of them is somewhat higher. Perhaps the minority of them of which you object are a little more visible than the ones who are out of sight working and studying. Clarence Louie would be a credit to any demographic.
 
lone wolf
+2
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Why is cut lumber shipped into a forest where there is a housing shortage. James Bay needs a decent port. Ports bring jobs and even more cut lumber and concrete batchbplants, loaders and excavators.

James Bay has the same problem as any port on Hudson Bay - ICE. Better quick up on that global warming shyte
 
JLM
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Why is cut lumber shipped into a forest where there is a housing shortage. James Bay needs a decent port. Ports bring jobs and even more cut lumber and concrete batchbplants, loaders and excavators.

I think you may be onto sumpin there, Pete! One problem is this very sad story out of Greece has got people thinking with their emotions, instead of their heads. The outcome of that sad story can't be changed and knee jerk reactions don't help, a well thought out procedure to help modify a trend over time might. Harper is on the right track going after the bastards in Syria, Iraq and Libya- the annihilation of those bastards might help.
 
lone wolf
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I think you may be onto sumpin there, Pete! One problem is this very sad story out of Greece has got people thinking with their emotions, instead of their heads. The outcome of that sad story can't be changed and knee jerk reactions don't help, a well thought out procedure to help modify a trend over time might. Harper is on the right track going after the bastards in Syria, Iraq and Libya- the annihilation of those bastards might help.

...until the next sect/tribe/political gang takes over and does it all again....
 
taxslave
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

My opinion of them is somewhat higher. Perhaps the minority of them of which you object are a little more visible than the ones who are out of sight working and studying. Clarence Louie would be a credit to any demographic.

THe difference between on rez and off rez indians.
 
JLM
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

...until the next sect/tribe/political gang takes over and does it all again....

I guess you can only deal with problems as they present themselves and don't waste time and energy worrying about stuff that hasn't happened yet!
 
DaSleeper
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

My opinion of them is somewhat higher. Perhaps the minority of them of which you object are a little more visible than the ones who are out of sight working and studying. Clarence Louie would be a credit to any demographic.

I sometimes think it's due to the environment in which they are raised.
A woman in my wife's family had a son from a native from Moosenee....The man was the laziest bum I had ever seen....had a do nothing job for a provincial institution here in town, and getting up to go to work where he had practically nothing to do was too hard for him. He finally quit and went back to Moosenee, to do what ? I don't know and don't care enough to find out.
The woman raised him with the man she finally married in a quite different setting, where his uncles all worked at steady jobs....
They got him his status card because it was easier for him to get accepted to college...and when he finished school, he promptly got a job, and hasn't stopped working since at several different job locations.

You see the same thing with several generations of welfare recipients, until one sometimes breaks the mold and gets out of it...
 
AnnaG
+3
#17  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Jr. claims if he's elected he'll take in 25 thousand refugees! It's very noble to help refugees and I agree we should take in a few, BUT we have thousands of our own people living in deplorable conditions. Let's start with providing residents of Attawapisat with decent living conditions. You clean up your own house before you try to clean up the world. Dumb Jr.

Maybe Justincase meant the he would personally take 'em in.

"Hello, I am Justin Trudeau and this is my wife Sophie. And these are my 25,003 kids, Xavier, Hadrien, Ella-Grace, ........
 
JLM
+1
#18
I think Jr. has pretty well signed his death knell. H.T.F. can anyone do the research and planning necessary in 24 hours to properly plan the assimilation of twenty - five thousand aliens? Maybe one should start off by properly importing 25 aliens and do it properly. How much research is necessary to determine the most deserving cases? Jr. is definitely not ready to lead a country as his impetuosity attests to.

Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

Maybe Justincase meant the he would personally take 'em in.

"Hello, I am Justin Trudeau and this is my wife Sophie. And these are my 25,003 kids, Xavier, Hadrien, Ella-Grace, ........

You're such a wag, Anna.

I just watched the Deputy Premier of Nova Scotia on the idiot box at noon. She's all gung ho to import thousands of refugees. I have one question for the likes of her and Jr. Their solution will have ramifications lasting up to 20 years, who is going to take care of it for that duration? How many thousands of homeless do we have among our own people, that we can't find accommodations for? I think the state of affairs in Europe is sad and deplorable, but lets apply a little sanity and import 100 - 200 and do it properly and meanwhile attack our own problems with the gusto the afore mentioned idiots seem to suddenly have. Undoubtedly these same people will be all gung ho about something else next week.
 
taxslave
+2
#19
Just-in doesn't really want to have an extra 25000 welfare cases in the country, he just wants to glean a few thousand sob sister votes in October. It is largely irrelevant anyway because by the time just-in or mulehair took office, (gawd forbid) the current problem will have taken care of itself.
We have a friend here from Germany that says they are committed to 800000. Whoever accepted that should be committed.
 
JLM
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Just-in doesn't really want to have an extra 25000 welfare cases in the country, he just wants to glean a few thousand sob sister votes in October. It is largely irrelevant anyway because by the time just-in or mulehair took office, (gawd forbid) the current problem will have taken care of itself.
We have a friend here from Germany that says they are committed to 800000. Whoever accepted that should be committed.

Of course you are right, all these afore mentioned wanna be heroes will be flip flopping about something else next week. Let's just provide for half a dozen of our own tragic cases!
 
JLM
#21
I think Anna G. is onto something. Jr, can build a big addition on his house and take them all in! He can teach them how to speak English (or French) too.
 
JLM
#22
Maybe Justin should extend an Olive Branch to Hunter Tootoo. I think he may be passing judgment on someone about something that is really none of his business. I think at times Justin sees himself on a higher moral plain than other members of his caucus. Hunter can probably demonstrate higher moral and ethical values than most of them.
 
gerryh
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Maybe Justin should extend an Olive Branch to Hunter Tootoo. I think he may be passing judgment on someone about something that is really none of his business. I think at times Justin sees himself on a higher moral plain than other members of his caucus. Hunter can probably demonstrate higher moral and ethical values than most of them.



Hunter Tootoo apologizes for 'consensual but inappropriate relationship' - North - CBC News