Chris Is Risen

Blackleaf
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
A church was presented with signs reading "Chris is risen" after a mix up at the printers.

Acomb Parish Church in York had ordered four banners saying 'Christ is Risen' but the 'T' was missed off the finished article.

Misspelled Acomb sign proclaims 'Chris is Risen'

25 March 2016
BBC News

The signs were commissioned by Acomb Parish Church

A church was presented with signs reading "Chris is risen" after a mix up at the printers.

Acomb Parish Church in York had ordered four banners saying 'Christ is Risen' but the 'T' was missed off the finished article.

However, assistant Curate Ned Lunn said the error was discovered before the signs were delivered.

A BBC Radio York Facebook post has been shared more than 3,000 times, prompting one person to reply 'More T vicar?'

Mr Lunn said: "I'm so glad the customer spotted the mistake. It'll save a bit of embarrassment and a lot of confusion.

"I had to check the four banners when I distributed them though, just to make sure.

"The pastor at the Baptist Church is actually called Chris and he's got to get up for a sunrise service at 6.30am on Easter Sunday.

"His predecessor didn't manage to get up for the service last year."

Acomb Parish Church in York

Misspelled Acomb sign proclaims 'Chris is Risen' - BBC News

Cannuck
I'm surprised any Christian was smart enough to notice

Danbones
+1
Well, the morning after the blast supper...

lol, beer can nuck drunk jokes

Blackleaf
It looks very similar to the church and graveyard I often walk through late at night on the way home from work whilst supping a refreshing bottle of beer. I've not seen any ghosts yet but I have seen a fox and a hedgehog and often hear owls.

taxslave
That's what happens when your lowest bidder doesn't speak English.

Blackleaf