Repeal the Second Ammendment


Jinentonix
+1
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

It's a fringe, looney, wannabee kook thing to arm oneself against the Crown, here in Canada.

Those who wish to do so should be hanged as traitors.

Soooo, you want to hang a bunch of FN then?
 
gopher
#32
2d Amendment repeal is too hazardous - after all, how can we defend ourselves if those wicked Canadians invade us?
 
Murphy
#33
I would be worried about the Mexicans, the N. Koreans, and the Russians.

The Chinese are already taking over the US one dollar at a time. They are operating from Walmart and dollar stores.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Rights are removed from felons because they have been convicted of a crime. It is part of their punishment.

Wrong. I said discharged felons, that is, the ones who have done their time. They have the full suite of rights under the Bill of Rights, EXCEPT for the right to keep and bear arms.

Nice try, though.

Quote:

Of course the type can be restricted, as full autos have been.....but to my way of thinking, the right extends to weapons that would serve a militia, in other words, straight up fighting guns. The AR 15 is a perfect example of a protected firearm, as it is the semi-auto version of the personal weapon carried by the US military, fires the same cartridge, and takes the same magazines.

We've discussed this before. As I said, and you agreed at the time, a militia is a light infantry force. Therefore, in 2018 "straight up fighting guns" most definitely INCLUDES automatic rifles, such as the M4. It also includes hand grenades, rocket launchers, light-to-medium machine guns like the M60 or the M279, and grenade launchers.

Quote:

I think it would be much more appropriate, and much more in line with the ideals of the constitution to strictly regulate handguns, as they are of little use in warfare. BTW handguns are used in 68% of gun homicides in the USA. Rifles (of all types) are used in just 3% of gun homicides..

We completely agree on that. A sidearm is very nearly useless in a military context.

Of course, if we were "in line with the ideals of the Constitution," we'd also have to eliminate the army in peacetime. The Second Amendment is predicated on the existence of no large, organized, military or paramilitary force in peacetime, so we'd also have to eliminate the National Guard and most of the cops.
 
Colpy
+1
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

I have one good thing to say about this; at least this guy understands what the Second Amendment means, and knows that to restrict ownership of firearms it is necessary to repeal the Second Amendment.

And that simply ain't gonna happen, as it requires a 2/3 majority in both the House and the Senate, and then ratification by 37 states..

Good luck.

And it is a damned good thing, because a successful drive to kill the Second would set off a rebellion.

And guess which side has the guns?.

I was wrong.

Amending the constitution requires a 2/3 majority in both the House and the Senate, and then ratification by 38 states.
 
petros
#36
Well that sounds easy.
 
Jinentonix
+2
#37
I find it amusing that the left in the US expects people to fill out paperwork and submit their entire life history in order to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights, and yet argue that requiring ID to vote is suppression.

Or that some punk who's trying to deny people's 2nd Amendment rights is whining about how clear backpacks are a violation of his 1st Amendment rights. Now, I'm not all that up on the Amendments but I do know that the 1st applies to freedom of speech, freedom of association, freedom of religion etc. So what exactly does a clear backpack have to do with the 1st Amendment?
 
Danbones
#38
Unreasonable search..which is in the FOURTH amendment.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated...etc

At the moment it's hillary's and the other russian colluding coupers life saver, though she and they, would like to take that from everyone else just like the guns they want, but which no one else should have.
Last edited by Danbones; Mar 28th, 2018 at 10:55 AM..
 
Hoid
-1
#39
All it would take is the will of the people.

The people do not currently have that will.

The the generation that is under under twenty right now? Those kid who have grown up underneath their desks at school may have that will. I hope they do.

The 2nd amendment is a train wreck.
 
Danbones
+1
#40
Yes, so you are saying they need to STEAL the guns against the democratic will through child murder, deception, and fraud...

Yeah, nazi global communism...woohoo.

I say hire some cops who have the guts to disobey orders that aid in gun free zone child deaths.

Delta Desperate For NRA’s Help Just Days After Booting Them From Biz

[youtube]KYnxYaIZudU[/youtube]

Gun Guys Have Perfect Response

Delta now faces a massive boycott by supporters of the constitution which is the law of the land.

Delta is about to lose a 40 million dollar tax break because of it...lol
 
EagleSmack
#41
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

All it would take is the will of the people.

The people do not currently have that will.

The the generation that is under under twenty right now? Those kid who have grown up underneath their desks at school may have that will. I hope they do.

The Hippies?
 
justlooking
+1
#42
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Former Supreme Court Justice recommends repealing the 2nd Amendment.
.


Oh, here we go again, another idiot who did the job for 20 years only NOW decides

aw shucks we should do something now that I could have done but didn't.

That moron MUST be a lieberal.
 
EagleSmack
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

Oh, here we go again, another idiot who did the job for 20 years only NOW decides

aw shucks we should do something now that I could have done but didn't.

That moron MUST be a lieberal.

Ninety years old and starting to see faces in the corner of the ceiling.
 
Jinentonix
+1
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

All it would take is the will of the people.

The people do not currently have that will.

The the generation that is under under twenty right now? Those kid who have grown up underneath their desks at school may have that will. I hope they do.

The 2nd amendment is a train wreck.

Americans have had firearms in their homes for over well over 200 years now. Guns didn't start becoming a serious problem until about 30 years ago and it became a horrible problem about 10 years ago.

The 2nd Amendment is fine, it's American society that's the train wreck.

Too bad the Founding Fathers didn't have the foresight to include in the Constitution something about not letting a group of people who eat laundry detergent alter the Constitution.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#45
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post


Too bad the Founding Fathers didn't have the foresight to include in the Constitution something about not letting a group of people who eat laundry detergent alter the Constitution.

The Resistance.

School walkouts are easy. Have a school sit in during summer break.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Americans have had firearms in their homes for over well over 200 years now. Guns didn't start becoming a serious problem until about 30 years ago and it became a horrible problem about 10 years ago.

The 2nd Amendment is fine, it's American society that's the train wreck.

Too bad the Founding Fathers didn't have the foresight to include in the Constitution something about not letting a group of people who eat laundry detergent alter the Constitution.

Do you have any evidence that any of the students in involved in the protests have ever eaten laundry detergent, or is your thinking so simplistic and bigoted that you actually think "Kids eat Tide Pods. These are kids, so they must eat Tide Pods?"
 
justlooking
+1
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Do you have any evidence that any of the students in involved in the protests have ever eaten laundry detergent, or is your thinking so simplistic and bigoted that you actually think "Kids eat Tide Pods. These are kids, so they must eat Tide Pods?"

Well, what's your excuse for your Tidemunching habit ?
Oh, I forgot, you're a kid too. Carry on then.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#48
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

Well, what's your excuse for your Tidemunching habit ?
Oh, I forgot, you're a kid too. Carry on then.

With wit like that, you must be the terror of your play group.
 
justlooking
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

With wit like that, you must be the terror of your play group.

At least I have people to play with.
You, on the other hand, my internet american war hero lawyer 7ball, have to come here.
Have a think about that.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

At least I have people to play with.
You, on the other hand, my internet american war hero lawyer 7ball, have to come here.
Have a think about that.

So, coming here is proof a person is. . . whatever you have in mind?

Must be true. You're here.

Real clever. "The people here are real dorks. I know, I come here a lot."

Good luck learning not to lick the windows on the short bus.
 
Bar Sinister
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Well that sounds easy.

It is so easy that the amendment to entrench women's rights failed a few years ago. But then the US is the world's greatest democracy.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

I find it amusing that the left in the US expects people to fill out paperwork and submit their entire life history in order to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights, and yet argue that requiring ID to vote is suppression.

Or that some punk who's trying to deny people's 2nd Amendment rights is whining about how clear backpacks are a violation of his 1st Amendment rights. Now, I'm not all that up on the Amendments but I do know that the 1st applies to freedom of speech, freedom of association, freedom of religion etc. So what exactly does a clear backpack have to do with the 1st Amendment?

New York Pistol License

Follow these steps to obtain a permit
There are so many laws and regulations that obtaining a permit can be a long process. There are 59 licensing jurisdictions and each one has a slightly different procedure. We have used Erie County as an example but the process will vary with each county.
  1. You may need to do a handgun safety course in some counties.
  2. Download the State application in the forms section on this page. You will need the State form and a County form, we only have the State form available.
  3. You will need four character references and two 2″ x 2″ photos.
  4. You must submit the applications in person.
  5. The Fingerprinting process is explained and done after you submit your application.
  6. You will undergo various background checks by New York State, FBI and an interview by local police.
  7. Your Application is then submitted to one of the Licensing Judges for consideration.
  8. You will be notified by mail of your approval or denial.
  9. If approved, you can purchase and/or co-register a handgun.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Well, the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, and Ninth are pretty much dead letters anyhow.

I

I'd say the seventh amendment needs a bit of overhaul as well. Trial by jury for suits over $20 is a complete waste of resources.
 
gopher
#52
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Unreasonable search..which is in the FOURTH amendment.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated...etc

At the moment it's hillary's and the other russian colluding coupers life saver, though she and they, would like to take that from everyone else just like the guns they want, but which no one else should have.




actually, it was traitor Bush's forces that broke into people's homes and stole their gun in NOLA - clearly a criminal and unconstitutional violation of the law
 

Similar Threads

49
Stop the repeal of net neutrality
by AMKiller | Nov 28th, 2017
46
Ontario to Repeal G20 Stop and Search Law
by mentalfloss | Apr 29th, 2011
0
1