High River gun grab by Mounties did more harm than good

relic
Calvary,that's funny,now say wheelbarrow,no wait,elevator.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by relic View Post

Calvary,that's funny,now say wheelbarrow,no wait,elevator.

Gotta admit, it's a great handle for the bible-beating morons.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Calvary units! Excellent! May I use it, or perhaps Calvary brigades?

Yes hoss, units.

Operational Unit Diagrams

Pro tip: Additional Unit Types

Oh yeah, the air cavalry is pretty awesome as well. Oh wait, ponies fly don't they?

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

The cops kicked in doors (break & enter), rummaged through closets and basements (illegal search), and confiscated firearms including ones locked in gun cabinets (theft). The fact they had to break in and search without a warrant means they couldn't see anything and nullifies any claim of illegal storage. There was NO threat to public safety, the town was evacuated and under guard, so that is a bogus excuse. Their motto may be 'uphold the law' (I always thought it was 'maintain the right') but obviously doesn't translate to 'Obey the Law'!

I don't know who gave the order for this criminal enterprise but somebody's head should roll for it. Unfortunately I have utmost confidence that, as usual, nothing will be done and no-one held accountable.

Warrants were not at any time required-check the laws - there is always some idiot that stays behind.
That said I believe they were also searching for weapons and knew who had them.
Soldiers were part of the search teams - they should be compelled to testify.
While the Gun Registry is toast - the Prov. Can keep records. Not illegal.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Warrants were not at any time required-check the laws - there is always some idiot that stays behind.

well then, give them a fricken medal for managing to kick in 1900 doors and do in excess of 3 million dollars in damage above and beyond the damage caused by flooding. Maybe the homeowners should be so grateful that they should set up a special fund for the officers that might have hurt their iddy biddy feetzy's when they were kicking in those 1900 doors.

Locutus
All 3 parties should kick this sh!t right thru the commons if anyone really cared. Roll out all the heads too.

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

well then, give them a fricken medal for managing to kick in 1900 doors and do in excess of 3 million dollars in damage above and beyond the damage caused by flooding. Maybe the homeowners should be so grateful that they should set up a special fund for the officers that might have hurt their iddy biddy feetzy's when they were kicking in those 1900 doors.

Not what I stated was it. Grow up- find some other place to take you emotional child hood issues out on.
Apparently you cannot do this in real life. Time to find a hobby.
I would not recommend anything with sharp tools or target shooting. The first is beyond you and the second you would hurt yourself as you often miss the target.

gerryh
+1

Not what I stated was it. Grow up- find some other place to take you emotional child hood issues out on.
Apparently you cannot do this in real life. Time to find a hobby.
I would not recommend anything with sharp tools or target shooting. The first is beyond you and the second you would hurt yourself as you often miss the target.

You basically defended these a$$hats... you stated, twice, "not illegal" in your short little missive.

As for "not doing this in real life", I HAVE voiced my opinion to the leader of the opposition AND to the obviously useless leader of the Government. Using my real name! so fu ck off moron. Just because you are too much of a chicken shyte to tell your politicians what is what doesn't mean every one is.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Yes hoss, units.

Operational Unit Diagrams

Pro tip: Additional Unit Types

Oh yeah, the air cavalry is pretty awesome as well. Oh wait, ponies fly don't they?

Oh, dear. I thought you were joking about our bible beaters.

Umm. . . Calvary and cavalry are different things.

And cavalry is military. The RCMP is a police force.

And many U.S. police departments, local, state, and Federal, have mounted units.

Congratulations on being stupid three times in a one-sentence post.

Locutus

Oh, dear. I thought you were joking about our bible beaters.

Umm. . . Calvary and cavalry are different things.

And cavalry is military. The RCMP is a police force.

And many U.S. police departments, local, state, and Federal, have mounted units.

Congratulations on being stupid three times in a one-sentence post.

oic...the spelling police...I get it now. riiiight...I forgot how new you were.

DaSleeper

I would hazard a guess that a fair majority of us spotted the first dyslexic type mistake, and figured the following ones were done as a lark.....on purpose...and never said a word, just to see who would be the first to raise their hand...

damngrumpy
First of all the police actions were pretty destructive and nasty. The other problem is
this. In future people will not leave their homes in dangerous situations because the
police will break into their home. What does that say about our society.
Perhaps people will remain in their home and shoot intruders Can you hear the screaming
now? Of course we see more and more brave police actions like them standing around
shooting a guy with a knife alone and surrounded on a bus for example. Not mounties
but cops in general.

Locutus
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I would hazard a guess that a fair majority of us spotted the first dyslexic type mistake, and figured the following ones were done as a lark.....on purpose...and never said a word, just to see who would be the first to raise their hand...

Our little cummy is a bit 'tight'.

Maybe needs some happy smoke. Kinda sullen and lonely it is.

And this too if it really applies:

YOU'RE IN MORE DIRE NEED OF A BLOWJOB THAN ANY WHITE MAN IN HISTORY - YouTube

Tecumsehsbones
+1

No, dear. You didn't misspell it, you used the wrong word, spelt correctly.

Have no fear, I know many Americans of little wit and education that make the same mistake.

Though I'm not sure any of them would confuse a police force with an army.

PoliticalNick

Excuse me??? Since when is a search warrant not required to search my home? Since when is kicking in my door without a warrant legal? Since when is taking my personal property without my permission or due process of law not theft?

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

My error was to credit Locutus with more wit than he possesses.

Locutus

But your air cavalry is still frickin' funny.

Colpy
+2
Blazing Cat Fur: FULL DOCUMENTARY - Broken Trust: Gun Grab at High River

CDNBear
+1

Though I'm not sure any of them would confuse a police force with an army.

Ummm, just so you stop embarrassing yourself any further, the RCMP is a paramilitary force, that has served in several combat theaters.

Have a nice day.

damngrumpy
+1
And just think this transgression of power and the lies to cover it up
are the beginnings of a police state if they are not curbed. Putins
Russia does things like this and they are right wing conservative too.
Isn't the RCMP under the watchful eye of a guy named Harper?
Just asking, the RCMP is subject to the law and the chief of government
is Harper is it not? I think in this case the RCMP officers should pay for
the doors out of their own pocket. The RCMP needs to have its powers
curbed or be disbanded completely they have become a law unto themselves.

Colpy
"Feb 19, 2014
Late last week, the National Firearms Association received two large stacks of documents from the RCMP and the Canadian Armed Forces. The documents were in response to access to information requests for communications by Mounties or the military relating to last spring's mammoth flood in High River, Alberta.
The documents indicate Mounties were obsessed with stripping residents of their firearms, even after the emergency caused by the most expensive natural disaster in Canadian history was long passed.
The key date in these documents (and earlier documents shared with QMI Agency) is June 24 - Day 5 of the disaster.
It was on that date that the threat to people and property could be said to have ended. Yet it was on that day - and for at least three days following - that the RCMP ramped up their door-kicking campaign in the town of 13,000. Mounties smashed down nearly twice as many doors after the floodwaters had receded - after the emergency had passed - as they smashed down during the first five days following the cresting of the Highwood River. "

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2014/02/20140219-082903.html

So much for the claim guns were found in a necessary search for people in trouble........

El Barto

Gotta admit, it's a great handle for the bible-beating morons.

I just got an image of beating people with the bible like cops do with a phone book.

Colpy
+2
RCMP covering their tracks : Prime time : SunNews Video Gallery

Why I watch Sun TV as well as the CBC??

You'll never see any mention of this on the CBC.

Locutus
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

RCMP covering their tracks : Prime time : SunNews Video Gallery

Why I watch Sun TV as well as the CBC??

You'll never see any mention of this on the CBC.

that's the problem with the crowd that seek to hear what they expect to hear. easily swayed and controlled.

grumpydigger
the rcmp are scared of honest Canadians and merely uses any event as a reason to break and enter for the feared firearms that they believe will be used against them ,

B00Mer
Don't register your gun, they won't break down your door..

Who the hell want's the government in your life anyhow, there is already enough intrusion by the government already.