It appears that Canadians do not have the right to know what our commitment to attack

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

We ain't talking about that.
Nice job NATO did on securing weapons after Libya.

But what our commitment will be - and I support the commitment.

i still love Mulcairs comeback though. We are on the I's

If you can do better 'Canadian' Security Guard, get your billy stick and can on pepper spray and get'er done.

Goober
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

If you can do better 'Canadian' Security Guard, get your billy stick and can on pepper spray and get'er done.

Yes, I am a Security Guard now. But was not always.
Did my time, saw a fair amount of shxt.
Stopped counting friends lost at around 50 or so. And that was about 6 or 7 years back.
Meanwhile you were driving truck. In the Canadian Military you would be classed as an Mobile Support Equipment Operator - AKA -Me Start Engine.
Perhaps you should stick with what you have experience with, vice walking around making dumb a-s-s insults.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

They don't want to tell us anything they are up to , this government, but they seem very, very interested in every little hting we are up to. Not a good sign.

Correct.
Federal government has spent more than $20M on monitoring massive log of keywords | National Post

The government has spent more than $20-million on media monitoring contracts since December 2012, despite maintaining more than 3,300 communications staff across government.

Included within the government’s media monitoring contracts are more than 1,100 pages of search terms (half English, half French) that show the government keeping an eye on what reporters, critics and its own spokespersons are saying. The media monitoring search terms are for contracts entered into, or in force, on or since March 21, 2013 to June 2014.

The search terms for one department include the Conservative Party of Canada and former Tory MP Dean Del Mastro. Opposition parties suggest such search terms mean the government is spending the money for political gain.

“That would imply the government is using taxpayer dollars to monitor Conservative scandals, which would seem like partisan media monitoring,” said Liberal finance critic Scott Brison. “Given their record on quasi-partisan advertising, we don’t trust them on their media monitoring.”

Del Mastro, the former parliamentary secretary to Prime Minister Stephen Harper and now an independent MP, just saw his election fraud trial end, with a verdict Oct. 31.

The terms “Del Mastro,” “Conservative Party of Canada” and “Holinshed” (the company implicated in his trial) are included in the media monitoring search terms for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario. Del Mastro was the parliamentary secretary for the agency for barely a week in September 2013, before he withdrew from the Conservative caucus after being charged.

Zipperfish
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Netanyahu praises West’s fight against ISIS, draws parallel with Hamas conflict | National Post

The Harper government has been a great friend to Israel. Now if they could just do something for Canada...

lone wolf
Not answering due to military urgency or just because they don't know is one thing. Bullshyte responses to questions that weren't even asked just shows more of the Conservative arrogance and disrespect I've come to expect from the Harper Gang

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Not answering due to military urgency or just because they don't know is one thing. Bullshyte responses to questions that weren't even asked just shows more of the Conservative arrogance and disrespect I've come to expect from the Harper Gang

Well, with any luck you'll soon be getting arrogance and disrespect from some other party.

lone wolf
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Well, with any luck you'll soon be getting arrogance and disrespect from some other party.

That's what Canadian governments are all about - no matter whose colours they hide behind.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

The Harper government has been a great friend to Israel. Now if they could just do something for Canada...

They can't get permission, it would make all their friends look bad.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

That's what Canadian governments are all about - no matter whose colours they hide behind.

That's what all governments are about, wolf. Keeping the bosses in mind that they were chosen to be servants remains the elusive goal.

Goober
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle20759526/

“We haven’t ruled out anything. We need to have some additional debate within our government before we reach a final decision,” said Mr. Harper during a one-on-one interview with the Wall Street Journal on stage in front of an audience.

“The United States just recently in the last couple of days has asked for some additional contribution and we’re weighing our response to that,” said Mr. Harper, who declined to offer specifics. “Since they didn’t release the letter publicly, I’m not going to [reveal the request]. I’m just going to say the government of Canada will make a decision on that very shortly.”

CDNBear
+1

Now nothing prevent Harper for clarifying that. Nothing.

Except for the fact that he doesn't have to, nor should he.

Quote: Originally Posted by relic View Post

Replies like the ones from bear and colpy confirm my theory, harper suporters are {A} somehow making money from the cons or {B} they're ****ing retarded

I support the military. I disagree with the better part of the conservative agenda.

If you were bright enough, you'd already know that, lolz.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Except for the fact that he doesn't have to, nor should he.

Past precedent
MPs vote to extend Canada's Libya mission | CTV News

CDNBear

Past precedent
MPs vote to extend Canada's Libya mission | CTV News

Ya so?

Goober

Ya so?

Ya but?

CDNBear

Ya but?

Ya but nothing. Doesn't have to, shouldn't have to, and I agree.

They want to get together behind closed doors and discuss it, sure. But even then, I wouldn't. JT and neck beard are useless twats, I wouldn't trust with a grade school secret crush.

Goober

Ya but nothing. Doesn't have to, shouldn't have to, and I agree.

They want to get together behind closed doors and discuss it, sure. But even then, I wouldn't. JT and neck beard are useless twats, I wouldn't trust with a grade school secret crush.

I trust none of them. Still should inform Canadians of what we are doing, where we are doing it, why we are doing it.
This is not a quickie, this will / could last years.
In for a penny in for a pound.

CDNBear
+1

I trust none of them. Still should inform Canadians of what we are doing, where we are doing it, why we are doing it.

Not bloody likely, lol.
Quote:

This is not a quickie, this will / could last years.

Let me know when 30 days is up and the JTF2 ain't home for snack time.
Quote:

In for a penny in for a pound.

As long as it's under $3/lb.

Goober

Not bloody likely, lol.
Let me know when 30 days is up and the JTF2 ain't home for snack time.
As long as it's under $3/lb.

Not even an overview- just go and do it?
Mind you he was a tad more open with the US press.
Oct 5th

CDNBear
+1

Not even an overview...

Not while the mission is on going.

Goober

Not while the mission is on going.

So after 30 days? The mission if decided continues then we are also told nothing.

CDNBear

So after 30 days? The mission if decided continues then we are also told nothing.

Told nothing?

We've been told who, what, where and when. That's all we need to know at this point.

At the end of 30 days, we can address what happens when happens.

Until then, this is much ado about nothing.

MHz
+1
Why can't they wear masks like ISIS and unless they speak nobody will know we sent them and no retaliation. What about that plan eh?
Just don't go 'He shoots, he scores.' when doing the head lopping or whatever is fashionable in war these days.
Last edited by MHz; Sep 24th, 2014 at 08:27 PM..

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Why can't they wear masks like ISIS and unless they speak nobody will know we sent them and no retaliation. What about that plan eh?
Just don't go 'He shoots, he scores.' when doing the head lop[ping or whatever is fashionable in war these days.

The frightening part is that's the most sensible, reasonable idea I've heard in the whole "debate."

MHz
I have got to get a screenshot of this!!

Goober

Yes, I am a Security Guard now. But was not always.
Did my time, saw a fair amount of shxt.
Stopped counting friends lost at around 50 or so. And that was about 6 or 7 years back.
Meanwhile you were driving truck. In the Canadian Military you would be classed as an Mobile Support Equipment Operator - AKA -Me Start Engine.
Perhaps you should stick with what you have experience with, vice walking around making dumb a-s-s insults.

Correct.
Federal government has spent more than $20M on monitoring massive log of keywords | National Post

The government has spent more than $20-million on media monitoring contracts since December 2012, despite maintaining more than 3,300 communications staff across government.

Included within the government’s media monitoring contracts are more than 1,100 pages of search terms (half English, half French) that show the government keeping an eye on what reporters, critics and its own spokespersons are saying. The media monitoring search terms are for contracts entered into, or in force, on or since March 21, 2013 to June 2014.

The search terms for one department include the Conservative Party of Canada and former Tory MP Dean Del Mastro. Opposition parties suggest such search terms mean the government is spending the money for political gain.

“That would imply the government is using taxpayer dollars to monitor Conservative scandals, which would seem like partisan media monitoring,” said Liberal finance critic Scott Brison. “Given their record on quasi-partisan advertising, we don’t trust them on their media monitoring.”

Del Mastro, the former parliamentary secretary to Prime Minister Stephen Harper and now an independent MP, just saw his election fraud trial end, with a verdict Oct. 31.

The terms “Del Mastro,” “Conservative Party of Canada” and “Holinshed” (the company implicated in his trial) are included in the media monitoring search terms for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario. Del Mastro was the parliamentary secretary for the agency for barely a week in September 2013, before he withdrew from the Conservative caucus after being charged.

Cannuck - Same old, same old
Perhaps a Yogi instructor would help.

Tecumsehsbones

Cannuck - Same old, same old
Perhaps a Yogi instructor would help.

He could teach you how to swipe pick-a-nick baskets, eh, Boo-Boo?

Cannuck

Gawd that was a horrible movie. I can't believe my kids made me sit through it

Goober

No sense in learning from certain people. those lessons are in all probability tainted.