Over a Dozen Dead in California Bar Shooting

Hoof Hearted
+1 / -3
Madmen And Guns Again

Dixie Cup
+1
WTF? What is wrong with people today?

Hoid
Today the murder suicide seems to be an increasingly attractive option in certain places.

Its growing in leaps in bounds even as the stats tell us violence in general is declining.

My belief is that it is related to the testes and what owning a pair does to the emotionally crippled.

Kreskin
+1 / -1
He was defending the second amendment. A little unhinged but not infringed.

Hoof Hearted
The shooter's name is Ian David Long...a U.S. Marines Veteran.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

The shooter's name is Ian David Long...a U.S. Marines Veteran.

Another Mexican Muzzie.

Hoof Hearted
+1
Must be tough being a Marine. You're trained to gut someone like a fish, yet still open the door for the little old lady.

White_Unifier
If the victims were armed, they could have prevented it. I'd like to propose a revision to the amendment. Instead of a right to bear arms, how about an obligation to do so? Besides, it would seem that that constitution right is makes it a practical obligation anyway, so might as well just write the practical reality into the constitution.

MHz
http://12160.info/profiles/blogs/ian...ource=activity

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

Must be tough being a Marine. You're trained to gut someone like a fish, yet still open the door for the little old lady.

No, you are expected to be a decent human being, no matter what. Wearing a uniform is no excuse.

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

If the victims were armed, they could have prevented it. I'd like to propose a revision to the amendment. Instead of a right to bear arms, how about an obligation to do so? Besides, it would seem that that constitution right is makes it a practical obligation anyway, so might as well just write the practical reality into the constitution.

If they'd had nuclear weapons, their deterrence value should have been enough.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

‘Twas ever thus.

Curious Cdn
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

‘Twas ever thus.

Actually, it has become an epidemic as a failing republic dies.

Bar Sinister
+1

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

‘Twas ever thus.

The stats say otherwise.

Hoid
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

There were almost 400 mass shooting in America last year. More than one per day I believe.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

There were almost 400 mass shooting in America last year. More than one per day I believe.

Looking at it realistically, out of a population of 325 million you have 400 bad asses! One is too many never mind 400, BUT it could be a hell of a lot worse. It would be interesting to see the numbers if dope was taken out of the equation!

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Looking at it realistically, out of a population of 325 million you have 400 bad asses! One is too many never mind 400, BUT it could be a hell of a lot worse. It would be interesting to see the numbers if dope was taken out of the equation!

Agreed. Until 10% of the population starts to shoot people, we're far, far away from the 50% mark. It's a small minority.

Hoid
+1

400 mass shooters.

many many more single shooters.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

The stats say otherwise.

You have stats from the 8th century?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

400 mass shooters.

many many more single shooters.

How many self defense?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

Well for starters too many drugs and too much greed and a certain amount of envy and jealousy!

I would suggest another big factor is not enough resources to treat and rehabilitate troubled people!

Curious Cdn
+1

How many self defense?

What? Self defence mass shootings? Against what? ... the Zombie appocalypse?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Please try to follow. - "many many more single shooters."

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I hear the solution is to kill them when they are still children. Boomer is 'connected' I believe.

Curious Cdn

Please try to follow. - "many many more single shooters."

I know the solution to that!

MORE GUNS!

MHz
No, more people with guns and some actual training. If people could be taught to throw 10 strikes in a row, a rock would be all that was needed.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

No, more people with guns and some actual training. If people could be taught to throw 10 strikes in a row, a rock would be all that was needed.

You may as well throw the hand gun, as accurate as they actually are when used off television.

MHz
Maybe, but a long barrel will get in way and most people will run as soon as the gun is in the open. Using your 2nd finger to pull the trigger might help the aim as the finger you point with everyday is aligned with the barrel.