Canada to increase annual immigration admissions to 350,000 by 2021

White_Unifier
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...0000-1.4886546

Why is our immigration system based on a quota system in the first place? Why not base is strictly on a points system? To base it on how many people have entered before you this this is foolish. Base it on personal qualifications only.

MHz
I make it the concept that 'whoever is running needs help' is not an option that makes it to the table. Syria is open for business, bit of plastic surgery and the White Helmets can be sent back in as Civil Servants.

Hoid
I don't think we ever hit our quota

MHz
They die in large numbers shortly after entering said country?

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Why is our immigration system based on a quota system in the first place? Why not base is strictly on a points system? To base it on how many people have entered before you this this is foolish. Base it on personal qualifications only.

https://letsimmigratetocanada.weebly...nt-system.html

pgs
+2
#6  Top Rated Post
How does this allow us to cut our emissions to 1990 levels ? If the liberal government was serious about climate change , our immigration numbers would be zero .

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

How does this allow us to cut our emissions to 1990 levels ? If the liberal government was serious about climate change , our immigration numbers would be zero .

How so? Wouldn't there still be just as many people in the world?

pgs

How so? Wouldn't there still be just as many people in the world?

Canada’s emissions.

White_Unifier

Canada’s emissions.

Do emissions respect national boundaries?

pgs

No , however measurements of emissions are along national usage , and more people heating and cooling and commuting in our northern climate is bound to increase our national output .

Bar Sinister
+1

No , however measurements of emissions are along national usage , and more people heating and cooling and commuting in our northern climate is bound to increase our national output .

That is the oddest anti-immigration argument I have ever encountered. Canada's energy is among the greenest on the planet and getting greener. I very much suspect that restricting immigration form areas of the world where the main fuel is coal is not going to be particularly effective in fighting global warming.

taxslave

Obviously they do or the carbon tax would apply to exports as well.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

That is the oddest anti-immigration argument I have ever encountered. Canada's energy is among the greenest on the planet and getting greener. I very much suspect that restricting immigration form areas of the world where the main fuel is coal is not going to be particularly effective in fighting global warming.

Globull warming has been proved to be a myth years ago. It is now just another revenue stream for spendthrift governments. And to get the not too bright to vote for them.

taxslave

Becaue that would make sense. Thus being completely contrary to lefty dogma.

MHz
It already is, if you have millions you get fast-tracked, if you don't, you come in as the slots in welfare open up as that is their permanent station if their new life in Canada.

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Well if we have the cleanest greenest energy ,( which I agree we do ) why do we need to tax it ? And how will three hundred thousand more Canadians a year reduce our national carbon footprint ?

White_Unifier

Well if we have the cleanest greenest energy ,( which I agree we do ) why do we need to tax it ? And how will three hundred thousand more Canadians a year reduce our national carbon footprint ?

You keep talking about a national carbon footprint. Do emissions respect borders?

pgs

You keep talking about a national carbon footprint. Do emissions respect borders?

Our agreement signed in Paris requires Canada to reduce there emissions to 1990 levels . Nothing there about national boundaries.

White_Unifier

Our agreement signed in Paris requires Canada to reduce there emissions to 1990 levels . Nothing there about national boundaries.

Then the agreement is foolish. It should have been based on a per-capita emissions level, not on a national level.

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Globull warming has been proved to be a myth years ago. It is now just another revenue stream for spendthrift governments. And to get the not too bright to vote for them.

Hey idiot - even the Moron-in-Chief admits the world is getting warmer. Of course, given his usual stupidity he has no plans to do anything about it.

The Trump Administration Anticipates Catastrophic Global Warming by 2100

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/...g-by-2100.html

MHz
The elevation east of the Rockies is 2000+ft. Hear Ye, Hear ye.

If the north is going to be ice free should I cancel the Amazon sub/drone R&D program and go with sailing ships?? The steel containers that come to Churchill by rail get a water-proof skin and tip with the navigation stuff and tail with the prop related stuff.

Probably fewer losses than a drunken crew.
Last edited by MHz; 1 week ago at 08:07 PM..