Vaping Epidemic

Bar Sinister
FDA declares youth vaping an epidemic, announces investigation, new enforcement

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/1266923002/

Danbones
Ah, looking for their cut eh?

It is certain the negative publicity will surely turn vaping into an epidemic...like the lung cancer pictures on tobacco products and "negative" advertising have already been shown to do.

Also much like the skulls in the ice cubes in the liquor ads in old magazines.

PS
Boy, the FDA sure screwed up in opiates and caused the current INSANE addiction rates though didn't they?
Last edited by Danbones; Sep 14th, 2018 at 08:40 PM..

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Ah, looking for their cut eh?

It is certain the negative publicity will surely turn vaping into an epidemic...like the lung cancer pictures on tobacco products and "negative" advertising have already been shown to do.
Also much like the skulls in the ice cubes in the liquor ads in old magazines.
PS
Boy, the FDA sure screwed up in opiates and caused the current INSANE addiction rates though didn't they?

Only the approved opiates which they and the quacks get a cut for selling. Bring your own in and it's three hots and a cot for you.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

FDA declares youth vaping an epidemic, announces investigation, new enforcement
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/1266923002/

Apparently vaping is less harmful to health than smoking. With that in mind, it might make sense to ban tobacco altogether.

Any vaping juice that contains even the smallest trace of nicotine should be strictly regulated. Any business that produces or sells any nicotine product for recreational consumption should not be allowed to advertise not only its product but even itself, even on its store-front window, except on an approved website on which to advertise addictive products and services.

We should also establish a self-exclusion list for vaping products similar to Singapore's for gambling. To enter a shop that sells nicotine products, you should need to scan your ID card and fingerprint. If you're on the self-exclusion list, you shouldn't even be allowed in. That would ensure that only those who want to buy a nicotine product could enter.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Apparently vaping is less harmful to health than smoking. With that in mind, it might make sense to ban tobacco altogether.
Any vaping juice that contains even the smallest trace of nicotine should be strictly regulated. Any business that produces or sells any nicotine product for recreational consumption should not be allowed to advertise not only its product but even itself, even on its store-front window, except on an approved website on which to advertise addictive products and services.
We should also establish a self-exclusion list for vaping products similar to Singapore's for gambling. To enter a shop that sells nicotine products, you should need to scan your ID card and fingerprint. If you're on the self-exclusion list, you shouldn't even be allowed in. That would ensure that only those who want to buy a nicotine product could enter.

You should get a grip on reality.

petros
+2
#6  Top Rated Post
No advertising and blacked out windows in existence have sent the the Naive Unifier off on another pointless rant.

Sobeys liquor flyers must burn his eyes?

hunterclail1221

I'm not sure you the strict regulations on nicotine content would go. It might be almost close to impossible with tons of sites young people easily access nowadays. Just a quick search on Google can exactly tell them where are how to buy (like this site with tips about buying older models for cheap and buying vaping gears from CHINA). What I hate most about that is the danger those poorly made cheap ones bring (ever heard of exploding e-cigs?). Yikes

Cannuck
+1 / -1
Vaping people don’t bother me. People need to mind there own business

Hoof Hearted
What bothers me is these vaping companies are producing cotton-candy, rootbeer and vanilla flavouring...etc... to attract young kids to the product.

Apparently a lot of High Schoolers are experimenting with vaping now.

Curious Cdn
+2
Another generation of our young are ensnared by the Tobacco Industry.

Evil really does exist.

Hoof Hearted
So much steam comes out of those vaping pipes, I keep half expecting a Genie to appear!

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

What bothers me is these vaping companies are producing cotton-candy, rootbeer and vanilla flavouring...etc... to attract young kids to the product.

I experimented with whiskey in high school.

Hoof Hearted
Did they make cotton-candy whiskey back in your day?

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I experimented with whiskey in high school.

You're supposed to sip it with pure water, not inject it in your veins.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by hoof hearted View Post

did they make cotton-candy whiskey back in your day?

hamish!!

Fetch ma claymore from the wood pile!!

Cannuck

Did they make cotton-candy whiskey back in your day?

Some of us were men and didn’t need candy

hunterclail1221
+1

So much steam comes out of those vaping pipes, I keep half expecting a Genie to appear!

LOL if that we're true, consider me a future addict

Curious Cdn
+1
The weakest minded are the most vulnerable.

petros

The same flavours as booze but I dont get a Sobeys or Superstore Vape flyer every week. Go figure.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

You're supposed to sip it with pure water, not inject it in your veins.

Injecting reduces the volume and quality required.Hence a financial reward for being a drunk.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by hunterclail1221 View Post

I'm not sure you the strict regulations on nicotine content would go. It might be almost close to impossible with tons of sites young people easily access nowadays. Just a quick search on Google can exactly tell them where are how to buy (like this site with tips about buying older models for cheap and buying vaping gears from CHINA). What I hate most about that is the danger those poorly made cheap ones bring (ever heard of exploding e-cigs?). Yikes

No system is perfect. The goal is to just make it as difficult as possible.

Mowich

Prohibition has proved to be more of a curse than a blessing - look no further than what happened during it's time in the US. It doesn't and won't work. It would be a huge waste of time and money. I get it that you have a loathing of smoking. That is your right. You do not and will never have the right to deny others their rights.

Mowich

No system is perfect. The goal is to just make it as difficult as possible.

Wrong. It is your goal to make it as difficult as possible.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Prohibition has proved to be more of a curse than a blessing - look no further than what happened during it's time in the US. It doesn't and won't work. It would be a huge waste of time and money. I get it that you have a loathing of smoking. That is your right. You do not and will never have the right to deny others their rights.

Who said anything about prohibition. I was proposing strict regulation stopping short of prohibition. Just make it invisible at street level. Ensure that only those looking for it will find it.

taxslave
How about those that are not looking for it just look the other way and quit interfering in things that do not concerned them?

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

How about those that are not looking for it just look the other way and quit interfering in things that do not concerned them?

You must enjoy paying such high taxes on medicare.

taxslave
Less expensive than hiring millions of thought police to see if anyone is not following the approved thought train. Or were you thinking of using a fink on a friend program like all good communist countries?

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Less expensive than hiring millions of thought police to see if anyone is not following the approved thought train. Or were you thinking of using a fink on a friend program like all good communist countries?

If the rule were that the vape shop can't be visible at street level, then enforcement would be low-cost. If the cop sees a business sign at street level, record it for proof and then apply a fine or maybe revoke its business license.

If the cop doesn't see it at street level, then he just goes on with his day handing out traffic tickets. Pretty simple, really.

taxslave
Or we could just not have a law against it and the law would then be applied equally. Even easier.

Wise
Vaping can contain nicotine that is the same substance in cigarettes.

Scientists have discovered that cinnamon, vanilla, and cherry flavors react with propylene glycol, a main ingredient in many vape juices, to create entirely new chemicals, according to a study published today in the journal Nicotine & Tobacco Research.Oct 18, 2018

"There are more than 7,000 e-liquid flavors out there , and they’re pretty controversial ."

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/18/...ating-e-liquid