New Brunswick village angers residents with 'straight pride' flag

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Fine , if they shut up about it nobody would know , nobody would care , and less people would be hurt . As a popular Prime Minister once said up here in Canado the state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation .

Didn't stop people from being discriminated against, beaten, jailed, and murdered for being gay.

White_Unifier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Didn't stop people from being discriminated against, beaten, jailed, and murdered for being gay.

That's not happening anymore, at least not in Canada with the sanction of the state.

That said, I don't deny that some people in Canada may try to murder people who they believe to be homosexual. We can do nothing about that other than to educate the public and to enforce our laws. That still doesn't excuse public displays of immodesty.

MHz

You can get all that and more by just being on the other side of the street and not a word is spoken. Welcome to Canada, home of the free as 57.3% are in jail on assault charges.

White_Unifier
+1
Interesting to note though how when a rainbow flag goes up on public property, it can stay up for a while. When a straight flag goes up on public property, it can't even last a day before it gets taken down.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Interesting to note though how when a rainbow flag goes up on public property, it can stay up for a while. When a straight flag goes up on public property, it can't even last a day before it gets taken down.

Reverse discrimination?????
I wonder if whites could make a claim to the CHRC
I figure that with all the snowflakes in that organization, it would end up in file 13...

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Reverse discrimination?????
I wonder if whites could make a claim to the CHRC
I figure that with all the snowflakes in that organization, it would end up in file 13...

What do whites have to do with being straight?

DaSleeper

What do whites have to do with being straight?

You are absolutely right......My bad... edit to straights instead of whites.

DaSleeper
Although whites are the most discriminated against in the media these days!

MHz
That is enough to grab all your sympathy, I'll give mine to the ones whose bodies are coming apart and going in different directions.

pgs

Sure but that was then and this is now . How long must I pay for the sins of my father ?

White_Unifier

Sure but that was then and this is now . How long must I pay for the sins of my father ?

Notice how the straight flag stayed up on that pole for a week and not a peep, but then the straight flag got shouted down in a day. How things have changed!

Johnnny
This is such a non issue in life... #CanadianProblems

Johnnny
That interest rate hike is a bigger issue than this flag thing.

Blackleaf

Why? Is the way you have sex with your wife such a great accomplishment for you that your heterosexual skill in bed is all you have to show off to the world?

Oh dear. We have a heterophobic bigot.

Serryah

If the flag is just a symbol of welcome (which I disagree with, but just going with your argument), then both flags should be allowed to fly.

I'd give you that if history didn't prove otherwise. Which is why the pride flag is flown and why a straight flag isn't necessary.

Serryah

Notice how the straight flag stayed up on that pole for a week and not a peep, but then the straight flag got shouted down in a day. How things have changed!

See above.

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

You're a silly little git, aren't you?

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

That interest rate hike is a bigger issue than this flag thing.

Pretty much everything going on is, that is why the topic gets so much attention here. The collective should be concerned about what isn't going on in their little corner of the world

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I'm heterosexual myself and quite gynephilic.

Tecumsehsbones

That's not happening anymore, at least not in Canada with the sanction of the state.
That said, I don't deny that some people in Canada may try to murder people who they believe to be homosexual. We can do nothing about that other than to educate the public and to enforce our laws. That still doesn't excuse public displays of immodesty.

So they can all go back in the closet now, right?

Tecumsehsbones

In what way are you "paying" for the "sins of your father?" Does having openly gay people talk about being gay hurt you that bad, snowflake?

I mean, I understand that you believe freedom of speech is only for straight white male Christians, but seriously, the way you whimper about how those evil scary gays are oppressing you makes you out to be a pussy, y'know?

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

You're a silly little git, aren't you?

Oh no. Another one.

pgs

In what way are you "paying" for the "sins of your father?" Does having openly gay people talk about being gay hurt you that bad, snowflake?

I mean, I understand that you believe freedom of speech is only for straight white male Christians, but seriously, the way you whimper about how those evil scary gays are oppressing you makes you out to be a pussy, y'know?

Well my tax dollars did go for compensation for discrimination in federal employment , which happened in my fathers time . That is just one example .

pgs

Well my tax dollars did go for compensation for discrimination in federal employment , which happened in my fathers time . That is just one example .

Notice I didnít put words in your mouth or ad any personal comments about your lack of civility.

White_Unifier

So they can all go back in the closet now, right?

Do I participate in parades in which I gyrate my hips and grind my groin against a woman's body in public?