Sleet in Iraq

Torch light
+1
Snow fell down in Baghdad and some other cities, in the early morning of this day February 11, which was an extraordinary occurrence in Iraq.

I say this because few days ago, I said the temperature in Iraq did not reach the
0 centigrade
, but in the last couple of days the temperature dropped suddenly to reach -1 centigrade.

Last edited by Torch light; Feb 11th, 2020 at 09:02 AM..

Torch light
In fact, it was a joy to people, because it is not usual to have the sleet or the snow falling even in Winter.

And you see this car covered with snow, in addition to the date palms and trees, in the early morning of this Tuesday, while a couple of hours later, all this snow melt away and disappeared.

Last edited by Torch light; Feb 11th, 2020 at 09:06 AM..

Torch light
This is also another picture of this snow covering the trees and the street side:

petros
+3
#4  Top Rated Post
Love falling from the sky....

taxslave
+2
Looks like globull warming isn't working out so well for them either.

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Looks like globull warming isn't working out so well for them either.

You gotta remember
High temperature>>>>>>globul warming!
Cold temperature>>>>>>Just weather!

captain morgan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

You gotta remember
High temperature>>>>>>globul warming!
Cold temperature>>>>>>Just weather!

When do we call it climate warming changeyness?

maybe this this is the new Climate Apocalypse that I expect as the next war cry from the eco-marketing department

Torch light
It may be only a temporary thing.. while the Global Warming is going on.

The general increased heat is because the earth getting closer to the sun.

The reason: is the continuous loss of the earth central heat leading to the sun's gravity effect on the earth becoming greater than before.

So although the sun is also losing heat, but the relative loss of the earth heat is more, and the earth center becoming colder than before, while the Global Heat is more on the surface.

The effect of the increased heat on the earth surface is negligible in relation to the loss of the earth central heat (by volcanoes and radiation): this will lead to:
1- the earth becoming slower in spinning around itself.
2- the gravity of the sun will influence it more and will pull the earth to be nearer to it gradually.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/n..._of_the_Earth_
quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_4.htm#The_Standstill_of_the_Earth_

Torch light
And this is about the snow formation as in the book The Universe and the Quran by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly:

"The vapor, rising up from seas and rivers, changes into snow particles scattered high in the sky as we mentioned,

>> then if that region is hot like India, Hijaz (in Saudi Arabia) and other hot regions, then the wind and the cloud rising up from the earth will melt away some of that snow into rain.

>> But if that region is cold like Iran, Russia, [Canada] and other cold regions, then the snow – after increasing and accumulating – will fall down upon the ground in its snow-form, and it will not become rain; because there isn’t any hot wind to melt it away except occasionally when it will then fall down as rain."

http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_3.htm#Snow
quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_3.htm#Snow

Torch light
These are the pictures if they do not appear at first:
[url]

Torch light
This is the second picture

Torch light
This is the third picture:

Torch light
So these are the pictures that I can load by now.

Blackleaf
We've not had any snow here in Bolton this winter. I'm actually starting to forget what it's like.