What's your opinion on United States Of America?

sombraa110
Do you think its the greatest nation ever?
Do this nation offer more land better living conditions that any other country in the world?
what do you think?

sombraa110
+1 / -1
The United States of America forme is the greatest nation in the world!

I suppose that makes me arrogant, but none can compare to the USA, even with all her faults. Now let's get to work fixing the problems we do have

Icarus27k
+1
Somethings about the USA are great. Other things... Make me want to yell into the heavens "Whhhhyyy???"

sombraa110
+1 / -2
Things america is the Greatest country ever!

1.America provides an amazingly good life for the ordinary guy.:
2.America offers more opportunity and social mobility than any other country, including the countries of Europe
3.Work and trade are respectable in America, which is not true elsewhere
4.America has achieved greater social equality than any other society
5.People live longer, fuller lives in America
6.In America the destiny of the young is not given to them but created by them
7.America has gone further than any other society in establishing equality of rights
8.America has found a solution to the problem of religious and ethnic conflict that continues to divide and terrorize much of the world
America has the kindest, gentlest foreign policy of any great power in world history
9.America, the freest nation on earth, is also the most virtuous nation on earth.
10.America is just the Greatest Nation ever!

EagleSmack
+2 / -1
Don't do this. It just cause a Sh** Storm here.

Well, I guess you already did it.

sombraa110
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

you can reply on the topic if you want!
its just my opinion sir, so if you don't like just don't reply to it.
anyone can discuss on this. why not?

Icarus27k
Quote: Originally Posted by sombraa110 View Post

1.America provides an amazingly good life for the ordinary guy.

I would say the USA provides a better life than some other countries, but it's still not the best it could be. There's still a lot of poor and minorities that have it kind of rough here.

sombraa110
Quote: Originally Posted by Icarus27k View Post

I would say the USA provides a better life than some other countries, but it's still not the best it could be. There's still a lot of poor and minorities that have it kind of rough here.

Yeah that's totally true, We can be much better but we have to stick together on what the government is doing.

DurkaDurka
I think the US is a little too young to be declared the greatest nation ever.

With that said, I like the US but your list is a little over the top.

sombraa110
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

I think the US is a little too young to be declared the greatest nation ever.

With that said, I like the US but your list is a little over the top.

a little too young? jaaa! what do you mean by saying that?
well, you can come over here sir and ask every citizen if the things im saying are not true!

lone wolf
If you don't want opinions, why ask for them?

DurkaDurka

a little too young? jaaa! what do you mean by saying that?
well, you can come over here sir and ask every citizen if the things im saying are not true!

Are you trolling or just dense?

"America has achieved greater social equality than any other society"

except for homosexuals, right?

#juan

Quote:

2.America offers more opportunity and social mobility than any other country, including the countries of Europe
7.America has gone further than any other society in establishing equality of rights
8.America has found a solution to the problem of religious and ethnic conflict that continues to divide and terrorize much of the world
America has the kindest, gentlest foreign policy of any great power in world history
9.America, the freest nation on earth, is also the most virtuous nation on earth.

I assume you posted this great load of steaming horse sh-t as a joke and I won't bother to reply to it.

darkbeaver
it is all true, America is the greatest country on this planet can I have the rest of the crack now

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

it is all true, America is the greatest country on this planet can I have the rest of the crack now

you ain't earned it yet boy. fetch me some beef jerky

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Icarus27k
Since we're saying things we wouldn't normally say: USA has higher crime than Canada. If I moved to Canada, would I be bored because there isn't enough danger?

Could I go without my shiv in Canada, I guess is what I'm asking.

lone wolf

Since we're saying things we wouldn't normally say: USA has higher crime than Canada. If I moved to Canada, would I be bored because there isn't enough danger?

By all means bring it along.

Warning: Up here it might just annoy the bears....

DurkaDurka

You might be raped by a drunken cowboy, other then that though, you would be safe lol

CDNBear

Icarus27k
My experience of the conversation between average Canadian and average American:

C: "I'm from Canada."
A: "Can I ask you a question?"
C: "As long as it's not about 'eh'."

A: "Okay, nevermind."

CDNBear

My experience of the conversation between average Canadian and average American:

C: "I'm from Canada."
A: "Can I ask you a question?"
C: "As long as it's not about 'eh'."

A: "Okay, nevermind."

AnnaG

Do you think its the greatest nation ever?
Do this nation offer more land better living conditions that any other country in the world?
what do you think?

No, I don't think it's the greatest nation ever. If it was it wouldn't have the amount of homeless, crime, disparity between rich and poor, dopes like Bush and malicious bastards like Cheney running it, etc. It's a country. It has its good points and bad points.
I think Costa Rica, Denmark, etc. are better simply because their populations are happier than others.

http://www.neweconomics.org/projects/happy-planet-index

Costa Rica Ranks Highest on Global Happiness Index | EcoSalon

The United States of America forme is the greatest nation in the world!

I suppose that makes me arrogant, but none can compare to the USA, even with all her faults. Now let's get to work fixing the problems we do have

That's an opinion.
Is the US population the happiest in the world? No.
Is the US the country most responsible in how it treats the planet it's on? No.
Does it mind its own business and benefit all the other countries it deals with? No.

CDNBear

Icarus27k
Yes, it's true. Americans have a somewhat ignorant curiosity about Canada.

I know it's hard to believe.

DurkaDurka

What??? We demand more attention, this is unacceptable.

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

You might be raped by a drunken cowboy, other then that though, you would be safe lol

lmao

AnnaG

Ya think, Sherlock? I think Americans in general are ignorant of a lot of the rest of the world.

Quote:

lol Riiiiiiiiight.

Praxius
I'm surprised nobody else decided to rip this to shreds yet, so I guess I'll step up to the plate.....

But before I begin, for the record, I'm not going to say the US is the worst country ever, nor would that be what I'm about to imply. The US has many things going for it, but as it goes for any country being the "Best" or "Greatest" is subjective and a matter of opinion in most cases.

Now....

Right off the bat, apparently the US's education system isn't the greatest ever, based on that sentence alone.

Quote:

A good life perhaps, but not the best, and there are other countries in the world that offer more opportunities for the average citizen compared.... based on education, health coverage, job opportunities, personal privacy, etc.

The US provides an amazingly good life for the upper class, that's for sure... but for the ordinary citizen of the nation, based on the unemployment, crime, foreclosures on homes..... It's not horrible, but there's room to improve.

Quote:

So long as you're financially well off, white, not Muslim, not gay, have a passport to be allowed back into the country, etc. etc....

Quote:

Compared to 3rd world countries and developing countries alone, you'd be correct in most cases, but many other developed nations provide equal and sometimes better services, support and protection for those in trade.

Quote:

Now that's laughable, considering the racial profiling at airports and borders, the hate-on towards Muslims, gays, the French, and so on.

Quote:

List of countries by life expectancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^ The US is in 38th place..... Canada is in 11th place.... hell Cuba and Cyprus beat the US and the US is only a couple of spots above Kuwait.

Quote:

Now that's a bit of an odd statement since Destiny is supposed to be something already predetermined.

Quote:

Really? Tell that to those seeking same sex marriage, or the slaves who fled the US to Canada, or the woman who weren't even allowed to vote until 1920 in the US, which Canada allowed the year prior as just a few examples..... Usually the US was one of the last to act.

Quote:

Now if this whole argument was restricted to comparing the US to 3rd world countries, many of these things would be accurate..... however from my perspective, there are many other Western/Developed nations in the world that have far less divisions in their society compared to the US over the above.

Quote:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

Do as we say, do what we want, or we'll unload sanctions all over your arse, or put up a blockade, or even better, invade and replace your government.... Righty-o.

Quote:

You don't get out much do you?

Quote:

If you say so.

I'm not about to say Canada is the greatest nation ever, nor would I say any other nation in the world is the greatest in the world.... simply because I know better. Every nation has their faults and their benefits..... which all make each nation great in some aspects, yet horrible in others.

If this was the late 1940's or even 50's, I might have agreed with you that the US was one of, if not the, greatest nation in the world.... but in the last few decades, the US has kinda gone down the drain in my opinion.

The World's largest debt, the only western nation that has no form of universal health care for its citizens, one of the highest, if not the highest amount of assassinated and attempted assassinations of leaders of any western/developed nation... one of the highest amount of gun related homicides in the world, where the US is only beaten out by Colombia and Guatemala.....

(Source: Gun violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

.... I would suspect you either started this topic to try and stir up crap, or just completely ignorant.... either way, thanks for the entertainment.

Don't forget... you asked.

CDNBear
And you beat Gh to the punch!!!