Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Not so far, unless you consider evidence as being posts containing journalistic editorials and incidences of short term fluctuations in climate.

That'd definitely be a sign that global warming is a scam and global cooling is what's happening alright.
You are definitly right that oceans are rising, though. Small island countries are already in deep trouble.

Plan B Updates - 2: Rising Sea Level Forcing Evacuation of Island Country | EPI

Global warming, photography, pictures, photos, climate change, impact, science, weather, arctic, antarctica, climate zones, glacier, arctic warming, antarctica warming, documentation, effects, effects of climate change, paleoclimate, mountain glacier

So if the globe isn't warming and the oceans aren't being added to or thermally expanding, where's all the water coming from? Sun spots? Electric gravity? Aliens are piping it here? Gods are doing it?

Beneath the mantle, far beneath the mantle, you will find, in perpetually renewed abundance, all the molecular parts of water, and oil. There is no such thing as a nonrenewable resource eh. Nothing happens anywhere without electricity.

darkbeaver

Greenfish is nuts. Tuvalu is drowning now . People are leaving now . A lot of Florida is not very far above sea level.

What's the problem coastal areas disappear constantly, there is nothing out of the ordinary whatever. You're not one of those nuts who thinks a carbon tax can turn the sun on and off are you?

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by Slim Chance View Post

Monbiot's contributions were nothing more than his opinion that he generated through cherry-picking selective data that, on a narrow basis, supports his beliefs... Considering that the self-appointed experts at the UN, NASA, et al have recently been publicly debunked, it's tough to believe any of the now outlandish "facts" that Monbiot relies upon.

Do you not see the irony here? You carry on about Monbiot and his lack of expertise for a few posts, then pull out the "science has been debunked" garbage. Who debunked it? What journals can we read it in?

Here's the facts:
- the surface of the Earth is warming, as are the oceans.
- the oceans are acidifying.
- the stratosphere is cooling.
- the diurnal temperature range is decreasing.
- isotherms are moving north.
- species are moving north.
- Arctic ice is receding and becoming younger.
- glaciers are retreating.
- we're in the deepest solar minimum in a century, with the warmest temperatures in a century.
- greenhouse gas concentrations are rising, some exponentially.

Put all that together, and there is one inescapable explanation which is consistent with these facts. The Earth is warming because it is out of radiative balance. It is out of balance because we are proliferating carbon sequestered from the carbon cycle millions of years ago, when the Earth's climate was very warm.

Emails, errors in reports, frustrated scientists, do not debunk any of these facts. They are observable. They are empirical.

Could you be any more ironic?

ironsides
Follow the armadillo.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsides View Post

Follow the armadillo.

I know EXACTLY where that came from!

Wasn't that from the documentary whereas they said...

"Just ask the truck drivers."

"Eeee yup...I never seen armadillos this far north."

ironsides

Greenfish is nuts. Tuvalu is drowning now . People are leaving now . A lot of Florida is not very far above sea level.

I am 8 feet above sea level.

ironsides
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I know EXACTLY where that came from!

Wasn't that from the documentary whereas they said...

"Just ask the truck drivers."

"Eeee yup...I never seen armadillos this far north."

Yup

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Beneath the mantle, far beneath the mantle, you will find, in perpetually renewed abundance, all the molecular parts of water, and oil. There is no such thing as a nonrenewable resource eh. Nothing happens anywhere without electricity.

Your science is faulty.

EagleSmack

Fair enough. We'll leave Greenfish out of it.

Florida has always been right at sea level. Serious question here. If Tavalu is drowning...why isn't Florida?

Edited for parity

Tavalu- 4.5M

Miami-6.1M

L Gilbert

What's the problem coastal areas disappear constantly, there is nothing out of the ordinary whatever.

Because of erosion, not because ocean levels are rising. Quit being immensely obtuse, please.
Quote:

You're not one of those nuts who thinks a carbon tax can turn the sun on and off are you?

Personally, I don't give a crap about carbon credits.

darkbeaver
Science debunked it Tonnington. Science is undergoing a bit of a shakeup as we speak. The real scientists and the paid pretenders are dukin it out. I enjoy a good professional bloodbath. Some of the losers will be doing time.

L Gilbert

I am 8 feet above sea level.

And how far above sea level were you 10 years ago? 20?

darkbeaver

Your science is faulty.

The Russian academy of science agrees with me in addition to ninety percent of the geologists on the planet. Who's your friend Readers Digest? I'll find you a nice quote.

L Gilbert

Science debunked it Tonnington. Science is undergoing a bit of a shakeup as we speak. The real scientists and the paid pretenders are dukin it out. I enjoy a good professional bloodbath. Some of the losers will be doing time.

Would that be electric time, analog time, deity time, what?
I think what's been shook up is between your ears.

EagleSmack

I live on the coast and I just don't see a difference. There is erosion on the Cape and such but that is mostly dune loss.

darkbeaver

So some places are sinking others are the opposite, it's been happening for millions of years, and you just noticed so you're environmentally shocked and frightened.

L Gilbert

The Russian academy of science agrees with me in addition to ninety percent of the geologists on the planet. Who's your friend Readers Digest? I'll find you a nice quote.

Link it. Show me a credible sciencee link that says oceans aren't rising.
IOW, put up or shut up.
You're just in denial because your pot stash is gone.

EagleSmack
Quote:

The Prime Minister of Tuvalu says he will not sign a climate change agreement that does not meet his demands on limiting global temperature rises.
Tuvalu and other small island states had been pushing for global temperature rises to be kept below 1.5 degrees above pre-industrial levels, and include commitments from countries such as China and India, which claim "developing" status, while having extensive polluting manufacturing industries and high technology industries that rival the western world.

I'm with this guy!

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I'm with this guy!

Oh, well in that case, I'll rush right over to the global thermostat and turn it down.
That's hilarious. "I refuse to cooperate until you smack the planet upside the head to smarten it up." Good luck with your new project.

Tonington

Oh, well in that case, I'll rush right over to the global thermostat and turn it down.

Can you put some beer in the icebox for me while you're there?

ironsides

8.5 at most

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

Can you put some beer in the icebox for me while you're there?

Lots of beer already there. I stowed some there earlier. Been patiently waiting for Florida to start floating or swimming.

darkbeaver

Link it. Show me a credible sciencee link that says oceans aren't rising.
IOW, put up or shut up.
You're just in denial because your pot stash is gone.

You are obviously unable to judge the credibility of any number of links to science. Otherwise you wouldn't be repeating the commercial messages of carbon traders. So shut up right back at yourself.

Slim Chance

It's almost certain to be a better and more accurate opinion than Walter's journalist's opinions. Or don't you think zoology has an interest in climate?

The snow shovel companies in Washington DC have an interest in climate too... That doesn't make them experts now, does it?

The threads are loaded with the evidence. You simply refuse to accept it.

There's all kinds of evidence both pro and con. The difference is the pro global warming "experts" are now admitting to the many frauds that exist.

That said, I can't put too much stock in the "evidence" you refer to.

IOW, it's quite likely that Vancouver could be half underwater, the Arctic could be growing 300' spruce trees, the Amazon would be dried up, the Sahara would be drenched in Monsoons, and you'd still be claiming the globe is cooling. lol

Vancouver probably was underwater at one point... Greenland is called Greenland for a reason.

L Gilbert

8.5 at most

There you go. Perhaps in another 10 years you'll be 7' above sea level. Uhoh, bad hurricane coming. Holy jeeez, didja see that? That wave reached Kentucky.

L Gilbert

You are obviously unable to judge the credibility of any number of links to science. Otherwise you wouldn't be repeating the commercial messages of carbon traders. So shut up right back at yourself.

Can't link anything huh? I thought as much. Have another doobie, darkbeaver. You're obviously not able to cope with scientific matters.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by Slim Chance View Post

The snow shovel companies in Washington DC have an interest in climate too... That doesn't make them experts now, does it?

Wrong. They have an interest in localised winter weather, not so much in global climate. Zoologists study the effects of climates and weather on animal life. Animal life is a good indicator of things like climate change and other things. Go back to school. You've obviously missed a lot.

http://zoology.suite101.com/article....warming_crisis

Quote:

There's all kinds of evidence both pro and con. The difference is the pro global warming "experts" are now admitting to the many frauds that exist.

That said, I can't put too much stock in the "evidence" you refer to.

You obviously didn't put much stock in your science classes, either. Is your world still flat?

Quote:

Vancouver probably was underwater at one point... Greenland is called Greenland for a reason.

And you probably had a lucid thought sometime in your life, too. Why not now? lol

darkbeaver

Can't link anything huh? I thought as much. Have another doobie, darkbeaver. You're obviously not able to cope with scientific matters.

I will link you up as soon as I find a remedial site so you can have Anna explain the colours to ya.

Meanwhile here's a popular commercial science actor.

"We may now be near the end of the search for the ultimate laws of nature." -- Stephen W. Hawking, mathematician, 1988

L Gilbert

I will link you up as soon as I find a remedial site so you can have Anna explain the colours to ya.

Meanwhile here's a popular commercial science actor.

"We may now be near the end of the search for the ultimate laws of nature." -- Stephen W. Hawking, mathematician, 1988

Try me instead of ASSuming I can't understand..
yaaaaawwwwns I'm not holding my breath.

Slim Chance

Do you not see the irony here? You carry on about Monbiot and his lack of expertise for a few posts, then pull out the "science has been debunked" garbage. Who debunked it? What journals can we read it in?

i stated that Monbiot based his opinion on "debunked science"... His credentials are that he is a zoologist. Unless zoology, as a discipline, has recently dedicated their full focus on climate based study, then the assessment stands - Zoologists are not climate experts.

The publications that you can read the debunking in are the press releases by the UN, IPCC and the authors of the leaked emails... I don't know if those documents will make it into journals, but they are entirely relevant.

there is one inescapable explanation which is consistent with these facts. The Earth is warming because it is out of radiative balance. It is out of balance because we are proliferating carbon sequestered from the carbon cycle millions of years ago, when the Earth's climate was very warm.

Here is the flaw in your statement. You, nor anyone else knows that the cause is "because we are proliferating carbon sequestered from the carbon cycle millions of years ago".

That is your assumption and nothing more.