COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

It hasn't worked.

And if you're going to keep the lockdown going whenever someone breaks it, then you'll be in lockdown forever, living permanently in a fascist regime.

Good luck...

Being alive in a fascist regime beats being dead in any other regime. DUMMY!

Blackleaf
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

If it's a game of Top Trumps you want, then my card - being alive in a free country - beats your card.

Blackleaf
+2

Britain warns China over Hong Kong

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr73uLk76ng

Avro52

On the TRUE deaths per capita table, where does Sweden rank?

Still more....just checked Karl.

Avro52

Britain warns China over Hong Kong
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr73uLk76ng

Oh know, what will the Brits do?

Threaten to send them pictures of their teeth?

Walter
+1

Give me liberty or give me death.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2 / -1

How would that work?

If you leave your province and travel a mile in doing so, that's bad, but if you travel 100 miles within your own province, that's okay.

So you're free to travel around your own province and spread coronavirus around it, but not free to spread it into another province.

So how would that get rid of coronavirus?

Each province manages it their own borders. If you leave the borders you must quarenteen for 14 days. The assumption if everybody does that then there will be no virus coming in the province and it will die out.

But not sure why I am even trying to explain it to you. You are too stupid to understand.

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Each province manages it their own borders. If you leave the borders you must quarenteen for 14 days. The assumption if everybody does that then there will be no virus coming in the province and it will die out.

But not sure why I am even trying to explain it to you. You are too stupid to understand.

Is that guy as thick as he posts or is he just trolling?
Last edited by DaSleeper; 5 hours ago at 06:29 PM..

petros
+1

Old Folks homes are privately run. Certainly you aren't suggesting government money for private enterprise? Won't it make the rich richer or something?

It's how it already works.

Serryah
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Absolutely. And you are right.. this is seriously bad stuff.

Take care of yourself , ya hear ?!

Hope to; working in health care is a crap shoot usually anyway. I'm way down in the south but there's fear this already spread out of the northern region.

So despite everything we may end up back to square one.

So far though it's only the north that has the restrictions back in place.

Tecumsehsbones
+2

Yes. Each province has a different level of out break. Each province is managing their own and trying to contain it within their won borders. Remember each province is the size of a good sized country....... going by European standards.

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

Tecumsehsbones

If it's a game of Top Trumps you want, then my card - being alive in a free country - beats your card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhLRMXc1N5U

Ocean Breeze
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

LOL..good one.

(hope you are well and safe )

Ocean Breeze
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Hope to; working in health care is a crap shoot usually anyway. I'm way down in the south but there's fear this already spread out of the northern region.

Yes..... working in health care is crap shoot. Kind a glad I am retired from it..... even though I think of all of you still putting in the hours under these challenging circumstances. Your efforts are very appreciated.

petros
+1

Yes..... working in health care is crap shoot. Kind a glad I am retired from it..... even though I think of all of you still putting in the hours under these challenging circumstances. Your efforts are very appreciated.

Hopefully I get my wife back soon but on the other hand the OT has been massive.

Ocean Breeze
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Hopefully I get my wife back soon but on the other hand the OT has been massive.

Is your wife a nurse too?? Wishing her well ......

taxslave
+1

Not really. Unless you are actively fighting the bastards.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Give me liberty or give me death.

Do we get to vote on it?

JLM

For sure, thicker than a f**king fence post and just as dense.

Serryah
+1

We're a smaller hospital and honestly I didn't think we'd see any Covid here, but it was also a crap shoot considering the border with NS is fifteen minutes away.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Do we get to vote on it?

LOL. Excellent. !!!

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Are they physically blocking roads going between north and south? If not, it is not and will not be contained.

I think the longer this goes on the less effective the measures will be. Already you see in every province signs of people being stupid and ignoring restrictions. I think the lockdown worked in doing what it was implemented to do. But it is not a long term strategy.

Serryah

Are they physically blocking roads going between north and south? If not, it is not and will not be contained.

I think the longer this goes on the less effective the measures will be. Already you see in every province signs of people being stupid and ignoring restrictions. I think the lockdown worked in doing what it was implemented to do. But it is not a long term strategy.

Not exactly sure at the north - though it's supposed to be the same - but at the NB/NS border there are patrol people there/RCMP or similar stopping vehicles to ask why they're crossing, turn them back if it's supposedly not for a legit reason and warn of a 14 day isolation if you're returning to NS. Some exceptions apply but from what I also understood, anyone in this area going to NS for say an appointment at their hospital or for some other legitimate reason has to go to those appointments only. Town police in Amherst were monitoring car license plates and fining people if they weren't anywhere but legit places. So anyone seen at a grocery story parking lot was getting a ticket.

I'm not sure what will happen now; lots of people are pretty PO'ed over what happened up North and now for us anyone coming in from that zone is to be treated as if they came from outside NB and is to be screened extra hard.