Gun Control is Completely Useless.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Yeah I watched how smart some parents thought they were and I also saw an awful lot of misery as a result. Let's see a bow and arrow with lots of instruction lost a brother his eye, or a youngster standing on a moving hay wagon making a turn when he lost his balance and his head was crushed by a back wheel, a neighbour (adult) for some reason felt he was faster than his auger, only lost his thumb,young boy accidentally shot his brother when handling fathers;s gun (he died), Even mowing machines managed to claim lives and limbs. Those are only that haunt me every so often even now.

I will say that many of the machines have improved and have a lot of built in safety features. One neighbor had actually robotized a lot of his field work. He programs his tractor and keeps an eye on it from a screen in his house. It tills, plows and plants. Reminds me of my pool cleaner. Works beautifully but gotta keep a watch on it. A small animal got into the collector bin and managed to rip apart one section of the inner filter before succumbing to the water. All that will cost is a new filter.....The loss of a child is much more devestating.

But one of those tragedies envolved guns , and during your time as a nurse you treated many more similar such cases , yet you are rallying against firearms , of which you have treated little or no cases .

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

But one of those tragedies envolved guns , and during your time as a nurse you treated many more similar such cases , yet you are rallying against firearms , of which you have treated little or no cases .

But none

JamesBondo
+1

Oh........I hardly think not allowing children or aldults access to firearms or working around dangerous machinery without safety precautions/instruction will stunt their growth...quite the ooposite.. They will have a much more enjoyable life if they survived childhood intact don't you agree?

I think you are oblivious to how wrong you are.

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

I am not rallying against firearm in Canada. I repeat once more.........our laws are fine!! I simply do not want numbnuts who feel deprived when comparing how free US citizens seem with their firearms want our laws changed. I simply point out that no matter how careful humans are children are ingenious and adults are not perfect. Meeting the need to keep as many Canadians safe and still allow them reasonable choices with whatever turns them on is the goal.

There will still be many ways to kill or crippled oneself or others despite all our attempts to lessen them. So why all this fuss to undermine good sense with regard to firearms. Simply because they do not serve any other purpose than to kill or maim. One can use them I suppose to hammer in a nail. A lot of trouble when a better tool is available and at a cheaper cost.
Last edited by bluebyrd35; Sep 18th, 2018 at 11:22 AM..

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesbondo View Post

i think you are oblivious to how wrong you are.

?? I am oblvious!! Oh my gawd!!

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2

I am not rallying against firearm in Canada. I repeat once more.........our laws are fine!! I simply do not want numbnuts who feel deprived when comparing how free US citizens seem with their firearms want our laws changed. I simply point out that no matter how careful humans are children are ingenious and adults are not perfect. Meeting the need to keep as many Canadians safe and still allow them reasonable choices with whatever turns them on is the goal.
There will still be many ways to kill or crippled oneself or others despite all our attempts to lessen them. So why all this fuss to undermine good sense with regard to firearms. Simply because they do not serve any other purpose than to kill or maim. One can use them I suppose to hammer in a nail. A lot of trouble when a better tool is available and at a cheaper cost.

Outside of the bolded pretty much what everyone is saying,

JamesBondo
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

================================================== ================================================== ==
POOR MUDDLED little Bluebyrd35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She THINKS that having witnessed various tragedies- this qualifies her to be a LIE-beral Fascist dictator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes- just because our feathered Byrd brain has seen bloodshed and tragedy she is ENTITLED to claim all manner of goodies!!!!!!!
She thinks that just because she had a job she is ENTITLED to tell the rest of us how to live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIE-beral GREED is a HUGE monstrosity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for writing what needed to written and not adding 5000 words of spam to it. this definitely sums up bluebird. she believes that she can share some tragic stories about farm accidents and then get away with saying just about anything about guns. it is a an illogical irrational way to approach gun issues.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
...any issues.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

So once again, small minds make small jokes when no intelligent response is possible. Not really funny guys You loose!!

While you were in school getting so clever, it seems they neglected to teach you how to spell.

spilledthebeer
+1

?? I am oblvious!! Oh my gawd!!

================================================== ================================================== ====

SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLEARLY you are oblivious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all BLuebyrd you do not have the vaguest idea why you are so badly wrong on so many things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that your vision is blocked by gobs of LIE-beral gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

================================================== ================================================== ====

SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLEARLY you are oblivious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all BLuebyrd you do not have the vaguest idea why you are so badly wrong on so many things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that your vision is blocked by gobs of LIE-beral gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

As I mentioned earlier about Harper and his wish to control women to his failed economic policies, you use denigrating tactics who try the same tactic. All beings learn through experience, that it is those who feel inferior are adept at using sleazy tactics to put down those they are afraid of......how well contempt used to work. Such tactics rarely work nowadays. From time immemorial women have learned how to deal with those types of prejudices. We. now (on the average) get on with voting in those who at least try to treat women "as smarter than the average bear". Some of us now, have no compunction about letting those types of creeps know exactly how contemptable most us think they are!!

So, keep on using put down tactics and showing the world what a silly prejudiced prick you are or try assuming women have more than a modicum of sense.
Last edited by bluebyrd35; Sep 21st, 2018 at 04:27 PM..

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
JLM You know that was a typing error. Are you angling to get into beers club?

JamesBondo

lose vs loose is not a typing error.

lorse or losse or losee or lkose or lopse or etc

but loose is not a typo error.

just saying.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

spilledthebeer

As I mentioned earlier about Harper and his wish to control women to his failed economic policies, you use denigrating tactics who try the same tactic. All beings learn through experience, that it is those who feel inferior are adept at using sleazy tactics to put down those they are afraid of......how well contempt used to work. Such tactics rarely work nowadays. From time immemorial women have learned how to deal with those types of prejudices. We. now (on the average) get on with voting in those who at least try to treat women "as smarter than the average bear". Some of us now, have no compunction about letting those types of creeps know exactly how contemptable most us think they are!!

So, keep on using put down tactics and showing the world what a silly prejudiced prick you are or try assuming women have more than a modicum of sense.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

OH silly bluebyrd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will NEVER have a second career as a comedian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You say: "all beings learn through experience"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How VERY TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is why LIE-berals are now in so much political hot water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE have seen their shtick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And is it not odd that the first federal LIE-beral to cross the floor of parliament and join the Conservatives was a WOMAN??????????

So much for Our idiot Boy and his virtue signalling of Feminazi values!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Harper- people like you have made him the MOST LIED ABOUT POLITICIAN in Cdn history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations- the LIE-beral election campaign against Harper SET RECORDS for Fake News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider:

How sad-the `sunny ways` of Our brainless Boy-prime minister Justin Trudope are getting more cloudy by the day! Here is a description of the latest LIE-beral hypocrisy-along with some comments of my own in brackets):

The so-called 'war on science'. First posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 07:21 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 07:34 AM EDT. (THE CANADIAN PRESS/Jeff McIntosh)

Climate scientists evaporating under Trudeau, not Harper
Where’s the bark from Canada’s unmuzzled scientists?

It’s become increasingly clear that former prime minister Stephen Harper’s supposed “war on science” was little more than a myth concocted by special interests and furthered by the media.

In a memo obtained by Postmedia, the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada – the union for scientists -- complains the Trudeau government is continuing the communications policy started by the Harper government.

Although it doesn’t seem like Trudeau’s continuing Harper’s war, because other evidence suggests there wasn’t much of one to begin with.

(The Harper govt did not fight science-they merely fought the civil service Working Family Hogs who sought endless new entitlements and huge new wage increases and golden pensions that we cannot afford. But it suited the Hogs to suggest that Conservatives were red-necks. But the hypocrisy of LIE-beral loving news in spreading this propaganda is an ominous threat to our democracy. When the `truth` is `managed` and `selected` by special interest groups-we ALL lose!)

As Postmedia's David Akin writes: “Data quietly tabled in the House of Commons earlier this summer suggests that Harper's ‘muzzle’ appeared to be ineffective. That data shows that federal government scientists gave nearly 1,500 media interviews in the 12 months prior to last October’s election.”

But not only has the Trudeau government not significantly changed its communications policies for scientists, it does not appear to have found any need to go out and hire many of them.

A pre-budget forecast published by Statistics Canada earlier this year had one department -- Environment and Climate Change Canada — losing 11% of its scientists. That would have been the biggest, year-over-year cut in science jobs at that department ever. Officials say that, with the budget boost the department got, those numbers won’t be so bad but they still won’t say what the numbers are.

(It should be clear by now that LIE-berals and Hogs DO NOT CARE ABOUT FACTS- what they want is ENTITLEMENTS! Their foolish carbon crap and trade program will not clear the air-it will ONLY empty our wallets! Hog scientists slammed the Harper govt for ignoring the wretched Kyoto Accord with its economy crippling demands on Canada. And now that LIE-berals are in charge, the Hogs have NOTHING to say about the Paris Accord that places NO demands on anybody and simply suggests we should reduce green house gas emissions!

(Greedy Hogs are the principle supporters of LIE-berals-one employed Cdn in three works for govt and it is Hogs that put LIE-berals in power in exchange for a promise-now shown to be worthless-of MORE GRAVY! So LIE-berals are now manipulating Hogs numbers and dangling future hiring/new job carrots before them.)

(The overall environmental picture is this: As the civil service expands under LIE-berals, the greater are the number of Hogs that LIE-berals can count on for votes so LIE-berals can cling to power. And as the number of people on the govt Sunshine List hgrows- so to does the number of people with the wealth to have a HUGE carbon footprint! None of this LIE-beral policy is about science- its ALL ABOUT VOTE BUYING!)

We’re not necessarily against any cuts. If positions aren’t needed, reduce the payroll.

What we are against is the theatrical language, disconnected from reality, that was used to smear the Harper government in recent years.

Communications in government, for better or worse, are more controlled than ever.

(IN the last year- LIE-berals have behaved in a fashion that makes the Harper govt look warm and friendly by comparison to suddenly tight mouthed LIE-beral who do NOT like it when the public talks back and shoots down their biased, self serving Fake News!)

This happens at all levels of government, regardless of who’s in power. There was never an orchestrated conspiracy against federal scientists.

The media and opposition during the Harper years were reckless in taking a handful of stories about disgruntled former federal scientists and turning them into a grand narrative that wasn't backed up by facts.

(There is a fine reason that Harper socrned Cdn media- for its LIE-beral bias!)

The so-called war on science could have done with its own dose of scientific research.

(LIE-berals are playing a dangerous game here. They KNOW they cannot get elected without Hog support. They know they cannot supply Hogs with the gravy they demand. So now they double down and freeze wages and add new taxes and distract Hogs with threats of layoffs-that MAY be permanent-IF LIE-berals do not get enough Hog support. This is financial bullying on a HUGE scale and its ALL about power with NO scientific connection!)

(David Suzuki was right when he stated that Our brainless Boy has been in power for a year and has done NOTHING for the environment-except add his own hot air to it! What Suzuki wont admit is that he has been fooled by Our idiot Boy- there NEVER WAS any LIE-beral plan to `save` the environment! Any REAL effort to save the environment by LIE-beral methods would result on voters- turning on LIE-berals and MAULING them! The LIE-beral idea of starving the general public while Hogs fly high wide and often- spewing carbon across the planet- is NOT a way to get re-elected and Our idiot Boy Justin has just awakened to the fact that Cdns are not buying his Carbon crap!)

Cliffy
Free Thinker

JamesBondo
+1
So when I put venison on my families table, does that make me a 'trophy hunter'? If so, you are a dumbass.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

So when I put venison on my families table, does that make me a 'trophy hunter'? If so, you are a dumbass.

I think he means a "friend of animal rights" wants to go hand-to-hand with a trophy hunter.

While I'm not fond of the kind of sick cowards who trophy hunt, I'll give 4-1 odds on them vs. animal rightsers any old time.

I do a freezer full of venison and/or wild pork myself every year or so. I wish the buffalo were replenished enough to make hunting them open.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I think he means a "friend of animal rights" wants to go hand-to-hand with a trophy hunter.
While I'm not fond of the kind of sick cowards who trophy hunt, I'll give 4-1 odds on them vs. animal rightsers any old time.
I do a freezer full of venison and/or wild pork myself every year or so. I wish the buffalo were replenished enough to make hunting them open.

How do you prepare your wild pork? East-Indian style? Sichuan style? Something else?

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

How do you prepare your wild pork? East-Indian style? Sichuan style? Something else?

Roast or schnitzel.

White_Unifier

Roast or schnitzel.

I might buy vegan, but hats off to you for killing your own meat rather than pay someone else to do it for you.

JamesBondo

It is somewhat hypocritical of someone that is an advocate for animal rights to want to beat the crap out of a fellow human being.

I prefer the opposite:
- eat meat from the store, hunt when I can,
- and love (ie appreciate/respect) my neighbor.

I guess that makes me a bad person? It sort of re-enforces the idea that no matter how hard you try, there will always be haters out there.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

It is somewhat hypocritical of someone that is an advocate for animal rights to want to beat the crap out of a fellow human being.

But ya gotta admit, it'd be funny to watch Pink Dreadlocks get dropped with a jab and a cross.

For me it's make the kill, thank my brother for giving his life, take what I need, and give the rest to the people. Very Indun.

I wonder if all the Pink Dreadlocks (who just WUB us noble red men), will ever get it through their heads that we're hunters.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

NO- "Loose" is also quite a common misspelling of "lose".

Colpy
Conservative

But ya gotta admit, it'd be funny to watch Pink Dreadlocks get dropped with a jab and a cross.

For me it's make the kill, thank my brother for giving his life, take what I need, and give the rest to the people. Very Indun.

I wonder if all the Pink Dreadlocks (who just WUB us noble red men), will ever get it through their heads that we're hunters.

I WUB you.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

I WUB you.

================================================== ================================================== ==

There will be NO gun control legislation enacted by any LIE-beral govt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are far too busy defending their existing INSANE policies to be bothered with anything related to crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fighting crime costs too much LIE-beral gravy - so LIE-berals do as they always do- talk the issue to death!!!!!!!!!!!!

But they CAN ACT FAST on things that interest them- consider:

Here is yet another article explaining how Toronto city council is so utterly dis-functional. With some comments of my own in brackets):

City building a $2.5M pre-fab for transients in public park.

By Sue-Ann Levy. Published: September 19, 2018. Updated: September 19, 2018 7:44 AM EDT

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ News/ Toronto & GTA

So I now know why an “open house” for Fort York-area residents — held by city officials Monday evening — reminded me of attending a sales pitch for a new condominium project.

There were at least seven staff from Shelter, Support and Housing (SSHA), three from Fred Victor Centre, two Toronto cops, three consultants and two councillors at the splashy presentation trying to sell citizens on the creation of a $2.5-million pre-fab structure for transients that will be coming soon to a park near them.

Attendees were greeted by the plethora of staff wearing “Ask Me” tags, handed a glossy brochure with pictures of three supposedly homeless people on front and were encouraged to help themselves to plates full of chocolate chip cookies (to sweeten the deal no doubt).

This is what now masquerades as consultation with neighbourhoods, at least at Toronto City Hall.

It was abundantly clear, and the splashy displays confirmed it, that the Sprung pre-fab structure is a done deal and will be erected in Gore Park directly across from the Princes Gates as early as November, or at the latest, by the end of year.

Yes, you read that right: $2.5 million.

(Considering how often city estimates of cost for anything are at least 25 percent or more often 50 percent lower than the final bill we should treat this $2.5 million dollar PRICE GUESS with cynical SCORN!)

It will cost that much to erect and install the Sprung structure, which will have no windows and only artificial light. Such shelters have been used, according to a representative of the Calgary company, for the homeless in many U.S. cities.

(So how is it that last winter we had homeless advocates howling in outrage at the idea of putting homeless people into EXISTING buildings on the CNE grounds- and yet this winter- a TEMPORARY STRUCTURE that does not even have windows- is suddenly acceptable- AT THE ENTRANCE to CNE grounds?)

(And- if the structure is temporary then how will washroom facilities be provided? And how much damage will be done if or when the pipes FREEZE in that cold wind off the lake? The Sprung Co. Shelters have apparently ONLY been used in Yankee cities so far - have any been used in a Cdn winter?)

(And the city says $2.5 million dollars to erect the structure- how much MORE to stock it with beds and blankets and staff to keep order and etc- with no real cleaning or laundry facilities on site? Does this mean city staff will be burning fossil fuel frequently to haul laundry away along with other waste from temporary toilets and etc?)

(And as it is a “temporary” structure- how much will it cost to one day take down and dispose of? All while existing CNE buildings sit EMPTY!)

At most, it will house 100 people (the sign said 78 at the “open house”- but whatever it ends up being, that’s upwards of $25,000 per transient just to build it- not including the per diem costs of around $105 a night for each person sheltered.

(With the kind of money the city is throwing around they could get these people hotel rooms! If they were not to drunk and drugged up and crazed to be allowed near civilized accommodation- and that is the problem isnt it!)

Meanwhile, 545 Lakeshore Blvd. — a beautiful heritage building once housing Rogers offices and before that CFMT-TV– was opened as a temporary 24-7 low-barrier respite shelter on Sept. 5. Residents who attended the Monday session told me they only learned of its opening the week before or when they spotted three security officers in bullet-proof vests out front.

Once the pre-fab opens, this site will become a temporary shelter for women and couples.

SSHA spokesman Patricia Anderson told me Tuesday a total of three pre-fabs have been purchased- at $2.5-million a pop- with an option for a fourth, but didn’t say where they’ll be erected.

(One really has to ask if there are not some empty warehouses in the city that could be rented instead of buying these temporary monstrosities to be planted in multiple parks- RIGHT AFTER the October election is safely over and done? Or are the homeless now such a problem that NO landlord wants them nearby?)

There you have it.

I can truly say the handling of this whole respite care/pre-fab/homeless shelter file is not only out of control but is probably one of the best definitions of insanity I’ve witnessed as of late.

The city’s latest street census won’t be out until November but the city’s housing officials, Mayor John Tory and council’s virtue-signallers keep reiterating that there is an “unprecedented increase” in the number of homeless in the city. But I believe, having studied the issue for more than 15 years, that if you build it, they will come.

In other words, we’ve truly created a homeless industry in this city.

(Yes- the more facilities and nicer facilities that are supplied- the greater the lure to draw people from all over the province! And of course THAT IS THE GOAL! Our socialist city councillors are determined to hire just as many civil service union Hogs as they can get away with- secure in the knowledge that with the Hog jobs come the Hog VOTES that LIE-berals so desperately NEED!)

(And isnt it odd how utterly SILENT city Hogs are about the number of illegals in the shelter system! We were told there was a 35 percent increase in shelter use last winter- and we heard that mayor Jackass John Tory has been on the phone to Our idiot Boy Justin- whining about the cost of supporting the mess of illegals that LIE-berals have invited here from around the world- without ANY plan for how to feed or house them! Nor any idea how the illegals shall become self supporting given their general lack of language and education skills!)

(And LIE-berals certainly see NO real need for valid security checks on illegals either! It is enough for desperate LIE-berals that the votes of illegals are for sale- and LIE-berals intend to be the HIGHEST BIDDERS!)

What’s worse is that city officials keep ramming respite shelters into unsuspecting neighbourhoods thinking residents will simply embrace them because, well, it’s inhumane not to support the poor and homeless. In other words, the city’s SSHA staff think they have a divine right to do so and taxpaying residents don’t count.

(LIE-berals could resolve much of this homeless crap simply by rounding up crazy people and committing them for treatment! Additionally they could round up drug addicts and confine them till the physical addiction fades- this would give addicts who are currently a plague on our streets a fighting chance to get clean and sober!
Putting homeless drug addicts in jail is no more costly than dumping them in the shelter system! But LIE-berals who so happlily force crap on ordinary people see no reason to force treatment in drugged or mentally ill people!)

Trouble is, respite or low-barrier shelters accept anyone and everyone and have no rules. Those who operate them, as I’ve seen over and over again at 21 Park Rd., at Sherbourne and Dundas Sts., and with St. Felix Centre on Augusta Ave., there’s no concern about what homeless clients do once they leave the front door.

(LIE-berals have no desire to force even something as simple as good manners onto the “poor”!)

Councillor Mike Layton actually admitted to an attendee that city officials had trouble finding a location across the city because of “fear in the neighbourhood.”

As tone deaf as he chooses to be, it’s not because residents are NIMBYs. It’s because of the unchecked lawlessness around the sites.

I actually felt sorry for the people who attended Monday evening, as I listened to them being lulled into a false sense of security that things will be different this time — that shelter operators and city officials would have their interests in mind.

I can say from experience they won’t.

(LIE-berals are shooting down their own policies by this refusal to enforce even minimum standards of public behaviour on their homeless “clients”! The public is outraged that city poobahs would demand such a double standard of behaviour! At the same time as our taxes go constantly up- the proximity of these homeless shelters or “drug harm reduction” facilities DRIVES DOWN property values!)

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

It may be butI know the difference James you earned yourself a great spot right next to the great spoiler of threads!! Just not for length.

JamesBondo
I'm sorry, I must have loost your point.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Yes- loose and lose are commonly mis-spelled -but sometimes it is merely indicative of s typist in a hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have much bigger issues to discuss here- such as our feather brained Bluebyrd alleging that Harper had a war going to oppress women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How utterly ABSURD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And quite typical of LIE-berals seeking mud to smear on others- no matter that the mud has to be FICTIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Birdie how is the LIE-beral dog and pony show called Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women Inquiry going now that EVERY BODY- including disgusted natives have noticed what aN EMPTY AND COSTLY POLITICAL EVENT IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how is it that native suicides have SPIKED two years after Our idiot Boy and his loser LIE-berals took office????????????

Natives had a good look at what LIE-berals had on offer and DESPAIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article illustrating that natives have all the power they need to build better lives- IF they want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

File this one under AMAZING! The CBC has reported the following-and I have added some comments of my own in brackets):

First Nations teen solves remote community's drinking water problems.
A 19-year-old from North Spirit Lake First Nation is the key to solving a boil water advisory in place in his community for nearly as long as he has been alive.
Jody Porter/CBC tells us that Quentin Rae, 19, tests water samples at the North Spirit Lake First Nation in his new role as water plant operator. Quentin Rae, 19, is the water plant operator in North Spirit Lake First Nation.

The remote First Nation, about 800 kilometers northwest of Thunder Bay, Ont., has been under a boil water advisory for 14 years.

Now, a unique program spearheaded by the Northern Chiefs Council (Keewatinook Okimakanak), is allowing people like Quentin Rae to take the initiative and the responsibility for providing clean water in their own communities.

"I have to take care of the plant, make sure chlorine gets in the water to clean the bacteria," said Rae with a smile during his first week on the job at the end of April.
Quentin Rae, 19, files the water monitoring reports at the North Spirit Lake First Nation water plant. "I just graduated last year and they gave me the job."

The high school diploma is the prerequisite for the training provided by Northern Chiefs Council that will provide Rae with his operator certificate. Once the water plant in North Spirit Lake has a certified operator, the boil water advisory can be lifted.

But the program goes beyond the training.
'Think about a 19-year-old like Quentin having the safety of every member of this community on him,' says public works manager Barry Strachan. We can't let him do that alone, we need to support him ' says public works manager Barry Strachan. You think about a 19-year-old like Quentin having the safety of every member of this community on him — we can't let him do that alone, we need to support him."

The support comes in the form of a high-tech monitoring system installed in five remote First Nations in 2015. It provides Strachan up-to-the-second updates on water quality, sent to his office in Dryden, Ont. He can then help the local technicians work through the problem over the phone.

"We want the community to own and fix the problems," Strachan said.

"The best way to build the confidence in their own ability to run these systems is to let them do it and support them while they are."

Strachan admits First Nations need sound infrastructure in place first, before the monitoring and training system will work. The program has already resulted in removing boil water advisories in three other northern Ontario First Nations.

Meanwhile, community leaders in North Spirit Lake are pleased to be able to offer new opportunities to the young people.

"That young fella, he just graduated from Grade 12 and we gave him an opportunity and he jumped at it," said deputy chief Donald Campbell.

"I think he's very excited and he'll be a good asset for our community as he grows and learns."

Rae expects to complete his training for his certificate in June.

"It feels all right," he said. "I'm happy."

But Rae laughs when asked whether he sees the opportunity as a "job for life."

"I don't know," he says. "It's my first job ever."

(I have to say it’s a remarkable CBC report-just imagine-a young fellow from a reserve actually graduated from high school and then took advantage of the FREE training offered by govt and now he has the skills needed to help his community! AND HE has a steady job out of it too!!!! Who would have imagined such a happy outcome simply from going to school and gaining a skill?)

(Life on the average First Nation Reserve is so aweful that govt cannot find qualified white people to go to such places and operate the water treatment plants. And of course only 25 percent of natives actually graduate from high school and very few of them go on to post secondary education so the number of qualified natives is disturbingly low, especially when drugs and alcohol take their toll on `worker` attitude!)

(Add in endemic corruption on many reserves where money intended to keep water plants running is often syphoned off for stupid reasons like sending native hockey teams to tournaments in places like California or for sending native groups on Caribbean cruises; then add INSANE salaries for band councils-in one New Brunswick case a band chief was being paid Five Hundred Thousand dollars per year to over see a band of less than 500 people and it quickly becomes obvious why there is no money for clean water on so many reserves!)

(And sadly, even when there IS clean water, it is often not used. On the same day that CBC reported the good news about Quentin Rae, CBC ALSO ran a report out of the very troubled Kashchewan reserve- it seems a number of kids have been air lifted out to hospitals in the south to treat horrible skin rashes. I am not a doctor but the last time I saw a rash like that shown on the face of the girl in the news report, that rash was on the body of a NEGLECTED boy who I KNEW had not been supplied with clean clothes or a hot bath in months!)

(I have to ask if anything really works on the average native reserve. Especially since govt has AGAIN airlifted 300 people out of Kashechewan due to the YEARLY flooding! And govt may have to do as it did last year and airlift as many as 1200 people out due to the flooding-which occurs EVERY YEAR! WHY build a town in a place guaranteed to FLOOD EVERY YEAR?)

(What IS the cost to fly 500 or a 1000 people plus their clothing and pets out and back every year? A 1000 Km trip to some place like Thunder Bay? And then put them up in hotels? Why not fly them out and LEAVE THEM OUT-some place high and dry? Or should we assume this is a native revenge thing-making a MESS that white people get to pay for? No wonder CBC thinks its newsworthy when a young guy like Quentin Rae shows responsibility and common sense! Its so utterly out of character for so many Reserve inhabitants and the loonie LIE-beral loving leftists egging them on!)

(The worst of it is the reserve houses flood so often BECAUSE govt let the natives build the houses-and they took a little short cut that NO WHITE MAN would be allowed! When white men build in such a place-so close to sea level-they START by bulldozing up a nice HIGH pad of sand and gravel and build the house on top of that-out of reach of yearly flood waters. Native house builders did not bother with such an elementary step and the houses now flood every spring due to their elevation-which happens to be an average of 6ft above Hudson Bay sea level-according to an old Toronto (Red) Star report; so every spring one little ice jam in the river floods huge chunks of reserve land and houses! Oh well, its only white mans money that is paying for all this.....and it makes for nice photo ops for Our Brainless Boy who enjoys taking `selfies` with the victimized natives.)

(It was Jean Chretien as Dept if Indian Affairs minister under LIE-beral leader Pierre Trudope who first encouraged a bunch of drugged, drunken, emotionally depressed, chronically un-employed sots living on remote reserves that they were `first nations`.....and given the array of problems endemic to a typical reserve one ought to say `First Nation` with a sneer. LIE-berals are responsible for this mess-encouraging natives that we can and will pay them whatever they want whenever they desire it. But isn’t it nice that some natives (like Quentin Rae) understand reality and scorn the siren song of `free` money from LIE-berals! AND take responsibility for their lives!)

(It is entirely obvious that natives on reserves need some sort of help but what they DON’T need is grossly misplaced sympathy from air head social workers; nor do they need any encouragement to continue down their current corrupt and drunken and too often suicidal path!)

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
We have much bigger issues to discuss here- such as our feather brained Bluebyrd alleging that Harper had a war going to oppress women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How utterly ABSURD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (spiltbeer')

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rticle1314279/

https://www.ctvnews.ca/harper-says-h...otion-1.801761

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/con...ttee-1.4307997

So do you plan to continue deciding what rights more than half of the world's population are entitled to in order to bolster your hatred of Liberals.? We, women vote too and we are see people like you as dangerous to our rights.
Last edited by bluebyrd35; Oct 2nd, 2018 at 12:19 PM..