Gun Control is Completely Useless.

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Go to your library and check out the book "Three Against the Wilderness" by Eric Collier. It will demonstrate to you what a young boy as young as five is capable of doing. The past two generations have lost a lot of that and it's sad because about 80% of a person's USEFUL potential is gone now due to things like Smart Phones and Video Games. It's sad when you think that about 50% of a kid's time is wasted in useless inane conversations with someone just as uneducated and dysfunctional as they are!

Well hooray .......I guess the woman in this family was just unlucky then.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e223ce105daa

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

This is too funny.

You have backed off and stated that you support good parenting and no government bans. And you are smug enough to think that you can convince us that this has always been your stance.

Do you realize that you have affectively retreated to the status quo? You can hardly sit there a demand change then retreat to the status quo, it undermines everything you have said.

Thanks for showing up, bluebyrd. LOL

The laugh is on you bud........my stance has never changed. What intelligent person does;t support good parenting. AND if you spent less time in whinning about how terribly the government is on all those who do not feel protected without the backup of a gun and actually read what I write, you wouldn't always be putting your both feet in your mouth at the same time.

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

You got me confused? Somehow you figured I was taking guards off and not following the safest practice for the task at hand and equated my limbs and that of my whole family's limbs all intact as something haphazard on the way we do things. This discussion is going nowhere with you so I'm tapping out

Did you not post this? "I started operating the tractor at 10 years old, shoveling grain into semi guarded augers"?

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Yes and I am sure the cavemen after discovering fire, never considered a hunk of wood a weapon either.......so what does that prove! That mankind will always settle disputes with force?.........because that way leads to destruction of the human race doesn't it?

I had many fights , disputes , and down right disagreementís , yet never considered my gun as either a weapon or a means of discourse .

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

The laugh is on you bud........my stance has never changed. What intelligent person does;t support good parenting. AND if you spent less time in whinning about how terribly the government is on all those who do not feel protected without the backup of a gun and actually read what I write, you wouldn't always be putting your both feet in your mouth at the same time.

In your vast experience as an emergency room nurse , what percentage of the population will meet your definition of intelligence ?

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Did you not post this? "I started operating the tractor at 10 years old, shoveling grain into semi guarded augers"?

Yet you are still alive and willing to stop future generations from having the same experiences .

JamesBondo
+1

What intelligent person doesn't support good parenting.

The sort that looks to the government to solve all their problems. And, I never said you were dumb, that is your own insecurities that made that up.

Twin_Moose
Conservative

Yep old augers were semi guarded just coming out of the open faced auger age, not screened like they are today, still has nothing to do with not using the safest practice to work with them.

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yet you are still alive and willing to stop future generations from having the same experiences .

So what are you saying here??? That since you never used your gun in anger against another, every human no matter the circumstances should be free to discover if they are as strong or lucky???

By the way .....you do realize that I was not working with a partially shielded auger at.10 yrs. Go back and read the posts again. As for wanting to take away experiences that can and have resulted in death or maiming ........YES !!!! How would you feel if it was your child that died or was permanently crippled because they should be allowed the experience!! AAAWWWKKK!!!

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

So what are you saying here??? That since you never used your gun in anger against another, every human no matter the circumstances should be free to discover if they are as strong or lucky???

By the way .....you do realize that I was not working with a partially shielded auger at.10 yrs. Go back and read the posts again. As for wanting to take away experiences that can and have resulted in death or maiming ........YES !!!! How would you feel if it was your child that died or was permanently crippled because they should be allowed the experience!! AAAWWWKKK!!!

Yes keep them in a bubble , make them afraid to step out doors .That will prepare them for adulthood .

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Yep old augers were semi guarded just coming out of the open faced auger age, not screened like they are today, still has nothing to do with not using the safest practice to work with them.

Yes I understand since I also witnessed the evolution. That is the point though......it is not about removing access but making that access ithe safest possible for all concerned while not removing labour saving devices/machinery or sporting items. (firearms and fireworks)

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation

Yes keep them in a bubble , make them afraid to step out doors .That will prepare them for adulthood .

Oh........I hardly think not allowing children or aldults access to firearms or working around dangerous machinery without safety precautions/instruction will stunt their growth...quite the ooposite.. They will have a much more enjoyable life if they survived childhood intact don't you agree?

JamesBondo
+1

Yes, absolutely. That seems to be the universal wisdom for other tools like rope, knives, gold clubs, baseball bats, icepiks, hammers, axes, saws,

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Yes, absolutely. That seems to be the universal wisdom for other tools like rope, knives, gold clubs, baseball bats, icepiks, hammers, axes, saws,

Donít forget hot stoves , or ringer washers , it isnít even safe indoors for those poor rug rats .

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Donít forget hot stoves , or ringer washers , it isnít even safe indoors for those poor rug rats .

Wringer

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
So once again, small minds make small jokes when no intelligent response is possible. Not really funny guys You loose!!

JamesBondo
+1

So once again, small minds make small jokes when no intelligent response is possible. Not really funny guys You loose!!

clearly you need to get over yourself

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

I used to be loose , but then I got married .

JamesBondo
+1
lol loosey goosey

Twin_Moose
Conservative

Yes I understand since I also witnessed the evolution. That is the point though......it is not about removing access but making that access ithe safest possible for all concerned while not removing labour saving devices/machinery or sporting items. (firearms and fireworks)

Teaching safe procedures and safe work practices, creates safe controlled environments. Teaching safe practice, rights and responsibilities of handling firearms will create a safe firearm user.

Tecumsehsbones
Just watch James Bond: Spectre, and I gotta say. . . disabling a helicopter at 400 meters with a .380 is SERIOUS gun control!

JamesBondo
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Just watch James Bond: Spectre, and I gotta say. . . disabling a helicopter at 400 meters with a .380 is SERIOUS gun control!

My last name is Bondo. There is no relation.

But I do have a 1" grouping at 100 meters. That's about all I've ever needed.

Tecumsehsbones

My last name is Bondo. There is no relation.
But I do have a 1" grouping at 100 meters. That's about all I've ever needed.

With a Walther .380? Or any .380? I call BS!

JamesBondo

With a Walther .380? Or any .380? I call BS!

I've never shot a .380. just my deer rifle.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

It does make it clear that children should not be around dangerous things.

Much better for children to be able to discern what is dangerous, why and how it is dangerous, how to handle or not handle it, so they DON'T have a fear of them. Did you read the book "Three Against the Wilderness"? You should, it would educate you, so you are not babbling nonsense about a lot of stuff you don't appear to have knowledge of.

Tecumsehsbones

I've never shot a .380. just my deer rifle.

How'd you get the deer to let you use it?

Curious Cdn
Conservative

How about with a shotgun?

http://youtu.be/IMn_fbDpUTk

spilledthebeer
+1

No of course not!! You do not believe one has control over their grain augers or their motorcycles or of making sure to keep their young child away from a bonfire?????

I will point out ]again[ ]that a gun is meant to maim or kill. Seriously do you honestly believe an auger for grain or a motorcycle or fire are manufactured to kill or main???

================================================== ================================================== ====

Poor little feather brained bluebyrd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All she really wants is a BAN on critics of LIE-beral policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our vicious little Buebyrd wants what ALL Soviet govtrs want- the power to ERASE ANY HISTORY they do not like!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Much better for children to be able to discern what is dangerous, why and how it is dangerous, how to handle or not handle it, so they DON'T have a fear of them. Did you read the book "Three Against the Wilderness"? You should, it would educate you, so you are not babbling nonsense about a lot of stuff you don't appear to have knowledge of.

Yeah I watched how smart some parents thought they were and I also saw an awful lot of misery as a result. Let's see a bow and arrow with lots of instruction lost a brother his eye, or a youngster standing on a moving hay wagon making a turn when he lost his balance and his head was crushed by a back wheel, a neighbour (adult) for some reason felt he was faster than his auger, only lost his thumb,young boy accidentally shot his brother when handling fathers;s gun (he died), Even mowing machines managed to claim lives and limbs. Those are only that haunt me every so often even now.

I will say that many of the machines have improved and have a lot of built in safety features. One neighbor had actually robotized a lot of his field work. He programs his tractor and keeps an eye on it from a screen in his house. It tills, plows and plants. Reminds me of my pool cleaner. Works beautifully but gotta keep a watch on it. A small animal got into the collector bin and managed to rip apart one section of the inner filter before succumbing to the water. All that will cost is a new filter.....The loss of a child is much more devestating.

spilledthebeer
+1

Yeah I watched how smart some parents thought they were and I also saw an awful lot of misery as a result. Let's see a bow and arrow with lots of instruction lost a brother his eye, or a youngster standing on a moving hay wagon making a turn when he lost his balance and his head was crushed by a back wheel, a neighbour (adult) for some reason felt he was faster than his auger, only lost his thumb,young boy accidentally shot his brother when handling fathers;s gun (he died), Even mowing machines managed to claim lives and limbs. Those are only that haunt me every so often even now.

I will say that many of the machines have improved and have a lot of built in safety features. One neighbor had actually robotized a lot of his field work. He programs his tractor and keeps an eye on it from a screen in his house. It tills, plows and plants. Reminds me of my pool cleaner. Works beautifully but gotta keep a watch on it. A small animal got into the collector bin and managed to rip apart one section of the inner filter before succumbing to the water. All that will cost is a new filter.....The loss of a child is much more devestating.

================================================== ================================================== ==

POOR MUDDLED little Bluebyrd35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She THINKS that having witnessed various tragedies- this qualifies her to be a LIE-beral Fascist dictator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes- just because our feathered Byrd brain has seen bloodshed and tragedy she is ENTITLED to claim all manner of goodies!!!!!!!

She thinks that just because she had a job she is ENTITLED to tell the rest of us how to live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-beral GREED is a HUGE monstrosity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!