Tell us your Halloween plans?

CBC News
More...

scratch
Quote: Originally Posted by CBC News View Post

More...

to not be home?

s_lone
I will kidnap the 13th child to knock at my door and offer it in sacrifice to the lord Abraxas.

NOT to be taken seriously.

Nuggler
Last year I dressed up as a scarecrow and sat motionless on the front porch till some kids came, then I got up and screamed at them.

One fainted. One peed his pants. One called the police. One tried to karate kick me.

I won't do that this year.

Guess I'll just hand out freakin candy............with no peanuts. Some little s h i t might be allergic.
Where the heck did that come from in the last 10 years?

Maybe I'll had out peanut brittle. Tough nannas ya little terd droppers.

Happy freakin Black and Orange night, eh!

karrie
I will be helping the kids get their costumes all together and ready, makeup done etc.

I will be helping them put up decorations they made (bats with tattery black garbage bag wings to hang in front of the door... neat little things they dreamt up).

I will be taking pics of them with the pumpkins they carved.

Hubby will be taking them trick-or-treating while I give out candy.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by s_lone View Post

I will kidnap the 13th child to knock at my door and offer it in sacrifice to the lord Abraxas.

NOT to be taken seriously.

*bans s_lone*

(Not to be taken seriously either...this time.)

As far as what my plans are for this evening...I'm just going to hand out candy to the kids that show up. Oh! And enjoy the nice weather that's hit Chatham today.

L Gilbert
Pass out candy. If no-one comes to collect, we will eat it. lol

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

I will be helping the kids get their costumes all together and ready, makeup done etc.

I will be helping them put up decorations they made (bats with tattery black garbage bag wings to hang in front of the door... neat little things they dreamt up).

I will be taking pics of them with the pumpkins they carved.

Hubby will be taking them trick-or-treating while I give out candy.

*shows up at Karrie's door*

TRICK OR TREAT!!!!!

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Pass out candy. If no-one comes to collect, we will eat it. lol

It's a win-win situation for us, eh Gilbert?

L Gilbert
lol Yup.

talloola
Yeah, me too, watch canucks game, and hope 'not' too many kids knock on the door, we don't
get many anyway, only about 10 or 15 at most, sometimes none.
I always buy the chocolate stuff that I like, because we get most of it.

tracy
I'm going to West Hollywood in about an hour. I plan to drink a lot, eat a lot, and enjoy the crazy Halloween parade they have every year. I already have my costume on. I looked a little silly walking the dog in my statue of liberty outfit, but it's all good.

karrie
pictures girl!

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

Yeah, me too, watch canucks game, and hope 'not' too many kids knock on the door, we don't
get many anyway, only about 10 or 15 at most, sometimes none.
I always buy the chocolate stuff that I like, because we get most of it.

we got about 10 kids last year, so I bought two small bags only. But then I realized.... IT'S FRIDAY!!! Chances are good we'll have way more trick-or-treaters because bedtimes will be later, and big kids will be roaming the city. So, hubby has orders to pick up at least one more bag of chocolatey goodness on his way home.

shadowshiv

we got about 10 kids last year, so I bought two small bags only. But then I realized.... IT'S FRIDAY!!! Chances are good we'll have way more trick-or-treaters because bedtimes will be later, and big kids will be roaming the city. So, hubby has orders to pick up at least one more bag of chocolatey goodness on his way home.

Plus, if the weather is anything like it is here in Chatham, they'll be coming out in droves(since it is nice and warm!).

karrie
It is warm shadow... hmmm... I'd better make it two bags of candy I guess. lol.

shadowshiv

It is warm shadow... hmmm... I'd better make it two bags of candy I guess. lol.

Yes, just in case a Dark Overlord with a sweet tooth decides to visit.

lone wolf
Hmm.... The only masks I might see out here in the bush will be on raccoons and that white-face cat who's trying to be my buddy now that nights are getting cold. I might go to my daughter's place and scare the bejeepers outa city kids again....

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Hmm.... The only masks I might see out here in the bush will be on raccoons and that white-face cat who's trying to be my buddy now that nights are getting cold. I might go to my daughter's place and scare the bejeepers outa city kids again....

...................................man after me own heart.

karrie
So, I told hubby to buy another bag of candy on his way home from work.... I phoned him to say that perhaps he ought to make that two bags.... his reply... "Oh, I picked up candy before work, and yeah, I got two grocery bags" Not two bags of candy... two GROCERY BAGS FULL of candy. *sigh* So much for weight loss. lol.

Diarygirl
I'm staying home to give out treats to all the Ghosts and Goblins!! Boooooooooo!!!

shadowshiv

So, I told hubby to buy another bag of candy on his way home from work.... I phoned him to say that perhaps he ought to make that two bags.... his reply... "Oh, I picked up candy before work, and yeah, I got two grocery bags" Not two bags of candy... two GROCERY BAGS FULL of candy. *sigh* So much for weight loss. lol.

Was the candy tasty, Karrie?

shadowshiv
I had 69 kids(a few of them were not really kids, and one loafer didn't even have a costume!) tonight. Better than last year, that's for sure. Of course, with me having purchased two boxes of chocolate bars(with 100 in each), that leaves me with having to each a lot of chocolate.

I am sure that can be arranged.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

Was the candy tasty, Karrie?

It was indeed. 24 kids. What a sad turnout.

talloola
I had about 25 kids, that's about 20 more than last year, I finally ran out of stuff, had
to shut off the light, it was about over by then anyway.
The fellow on the sports radio show today said, that he will have between 300 and 400 kids
tonight, guess he lives in one of those neighbourhoods that everyone 'drives' to.

shadowshiv
Yeah, it's weird. My parents said that they had a smaller turnout than last year. I have noticed that there are far less kids going around than when I was a kid. When I was a kid, there were swarms of us trick-or-treating. If this keeps up, there won't be anyone giving out treats anymore as it won't be worth it.

tracy

pictures girl!

I have to wait for my friend to give them to me since she was the official picture taker this time around. It was a fun night. We all had too much to drink and then sat and watched the crazy people go by. My torch broke fairly early in the evening which started a conversation with a cute man I assumed to be gay until he asked me for my number. Who'd of thought there would be a straight single guy in that neighbourhood? There was plenty of funny costumes. My favorite was a man who dressed as a Vegas Showgirl!!!! The sequins! The feathers! The very skimpy thong! It was hilarious

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by tracy View Post

I have to wait for my friend to give them to me since she was the official picture taker this time around. It was a fun night. We all had too much to drink and then sat and watched the crazy people go by. My torch broke fairly early in the evening which started a conversation with a cute man I assumed to be gay until he asked me for my number. Who'd of thought there would be a straight single guy in that neighbourhood? There was plenty of funny costumes. My favorite was a man who dressed as a Vegas Showgirl!!!! The sequins! The feathers! The very skimpy thong! It was hilarious

Did you say yes, tracy?

tracy
Well, it seemed a little strange to give my number to someone wearing more makeup than I was, but since it was Halloween I said ok

karrie
way to go tracy. I look forward to pics.... of the costume that is.