Trump Making Alberta 51st State

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Too bad ontariowe forced all their industry to move to the US where people want to work.

Oh - you are MISTAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Oshawa General Motors plant routinely SET INDUSTRY WIDE RECORDS....................

for quality control and production efficiency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

So WHO killed General Motors?????????????????????

Politics and bad designs killed GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAGA says bring the jobs back home and making cars in Flint Michigan is more patriotic.....................

than making them in Oshawa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GM had a HARD CHOICE to make -they could not give up their Mexico operations because that would price them out of ANY MARKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no doubt it was hard dumping their best workers - but hey - Canada IS a foreign country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we lost out as GM took the EASY ROUTE - OUT OF TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I occasionally had business at the Oshawa GM plant...............................

and I DO WISH I had taken a series of photos of the worker parking area..................................

over a period of yeasr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BECAUSE YOU KNOW IT IS A BAD SIGN......................

when the number of Jap jobs being driven by GM WORKERS on display ...............................

in the Gm parking lots so steadily increases that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The steadily changing ratio of GM product to Asian product would BE QUITE REVEALING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

The Oshawa General Motors plant routinely SET INDUSTRY WIDE RECORDS....................

for quality control and production efficiency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

MAGA says bring the jobs back home and making cars in Flint Michigan is more patriotic.....................
GM had a HARD CHOICE to make -they could not give up their Mexico operations because that would price them out of ANY MARKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And no doubt it was hard dumping their best workers - but hey - Canada IS a foreign country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So we lost out as GM took the EASY ROUTE - OUT OF TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I occasionally had business at the Oshawa GM plant...............................
and I DO WISH I had taken a series of photos of the worker parking area..................................
when the number of Jap jobs being driven by GM WORKERS on display ...............................
in the Gm parking lots so steadily increases that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The steadily changing ratio of GM product to Asian product would BE QUITE REVEALING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever been to the Ford plant in Oakville?

They do complex builds, there, not shitty little sedans.

captain morgan
+2
That plant will be shuttered soon

taxslave

Did you forget that GM owns a sizable piece of some of those Japanese cars?

Curious Cdn

Did you forget that GM owns a sizable piece of some of those Japanese cars?

... like this GM/Jap co-venture ....

http://plants.gm.com/Facilities/publ...CAMI/news.html

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Ever been to the Ford plant in Oakville?

They do complex builds, there, not shitty little sedans.

Yes - I have been to the Ford plant as well a few times...........................

and I and my father, wife and father in law all owned Fords at various times...........................

and would do so again................................

but then that statement proves my previous assertion.............................

that General Motors was done in by a combination of politics and BAD DESIGNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on my fathers experience we would all SHUN Chrysler K cars though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there is the FACT - that GM designs are generally rather inferior to Ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the added bonus that GM is MUCH MORE UNSCRUPULOUS than Ford....................................

about sucking up govt grants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all the - the amount of money that Gm invested in Russia and China after the 2008 meltdown...............................

just about EQUALS the amount of govt cash they were given to "BAIL THEM OUT" in North America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and.........................GM does not want to make cars in Canada any more????????????????????

I say FINE TO THAT.............................................

with the added bonus that THEY DONT NEED TO SELL CARS HERE NOW EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are plenty of other more reliable options available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gm IS REDUNDANT since we have a world wide over-supply of motor vehicles anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Part of that over supply is simply that cars are lasting longer............................................ ...

and part of the issue is GOVT MEDDLING with fuel economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The auto industry has hit a wall in terms of greater fuel economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The auto maker solution has been to follow govt guidelines and AVERAGE OUT the fuel economy of their FLEETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This means that they make a number of vehicles with fuel sipping engines - think half ton pick up trucks with 3.7 litre engines...........

that DO NOT stand up well to heavy use as they are too under powered and thus too easy to overload and strainl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the 3.7 litre crap cans are dumped on the market cheaply for whatever price the maker can get..............................

and then they sell the vehicle that people REALLY WANT..............................

meaning pick ups with V-8 engines - at FULL PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a stupid game that really is NOT saving the environment.....................................

since the CRAPPY little under powered machines wear out sooner and must be junked more frequently ..........................

in spite of the junkers having the same manufacturing carbon foot print as their longer lasting cousins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And all this is to illustrate that your response to my previous post was your usual irrelevant crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

... like this GM/Jap co-venture ....
http://plants.gm.com/Facilities/publ...CAMI/news.html

I didn't know about that one. But yes. Also Pontiac Vibe And Toyota being the same car with different grills. GM Isuzu.

taxslave
+1

Yes - I have been to the Ford plant as well a few times...........................

and I and my father, wife and father in law all owned Fords at various times...........................

and would do so again................................

but then that statement proves my previous assertion.............................

that General Motors was done in by a combination of politics and BAD DESIGNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Based on my fathers experience we would all SHUN Chrysler K cars though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So there is the FACT - that GM designs are generally rather inferior to Ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With the added bonus that GM is MUCH MORE UNSCRUPULOUS than Ford....................................
about sucking up govt grants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After all the - the amount of money that Gm invested in Russia and China after the 2008 meltdown...............................
just about EQUALS the amount of govt cash they were given to "BAIL THEM OUT" in North America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and.........................GM does not want to make cars in Canada any more????????????????????
I say FINE TO THAT.............................................
with the added bonus that THEY DONT NEED TO SELL CARS HERE NOW EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are plenty of other more reliable options available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gm IS REDUNDANT since we have a world wide over-supply of motor vehicles anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Part of that over supply is simply that cars are lasting longer............................................ ...
and part of the issue is GOVT MEDDLING with fuel economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The auto industry has hit a wall in terms of greater fuel economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The auto maker solution has been to follow govt guidelines and AVERAGE OUT the fuel economy of their FLEETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This means that they make a number of vehicles with fuel sipping engines - think half ton pick up trucks with 3.7 litre engines...........
that DO NOT stand up well to heavy use as they are too under powered and thus too easy to overload and strainl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the 3.7 litre crap cans are dumped on the market cheaply for whatever price the maker can get..............................
and then they sell the vehicle that people REALLY WANT..............................
meaning pick ups with V-8 engines - at FULL PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its a stupid game that really is NOT saving the environment.....................................
since the CRAPPY little under powered machines wear out sooner and must be junked more frequently ..........................
in spite of the junkers having the same manufacturing carbon foot print as their longer lasting cousins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And all this is to illustrate that your response to my previous post was your usual irrelevant crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of irrelevant crap......

VIBC

.... Pontiac Vibe And Toyota being the same car with different grills.

I believe Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix came out of the same factory. They were practically identical but with some different body panels as well as grills. Vibe was discontinued a few years back. Excellent vehicles except for poor design for visibility, especially to the rear. But that's the modern wedge-shaped fashion. 'Style' before function.

Just my not so humble opinion .