#361  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Gold price per ounce
$1,990.79CAD+34.42 (today)

That's the impact of RMB devaluation.

I should have more physical gold .

spilledthebeer

maybe white nutty living on unceded land doesn't pay attention.

HAVING A TRADE WAR IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they were not trading insults...........................................

then they would be trading MISSILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Let them keep on spitting insults!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

As Trump has proven with the LIE-berals............................................

HIS INSULTS are much more potent and colourful than those produced..........................................

by enemies of the West!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Hoid
Its the only gold related investment worth owning.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Trump is many things and stupid is one of them.

You look up to him don't you?

I mean you dimwit racist losers always do secretly want to be teabagged by winners.
Last edited by Danbones; Aug 8th, 2019 at 04:34 PM..

Danbones
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

I should have more physical gold .

Silver will follow shortly as gold prices itself out of the common mans bubble...

I doubt there is much downside risk at this point.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Choppy Waters Ahead for the U.S.-China Trade War

https://time.com/5647316/china-us-tr...etter-politics

NZDoug
Free Thinker
+2 / -1
AH SO !
Trump plays poker, China plays chess.
https://www.rt.com/business/465952-t...ker-trade-war/

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

AH SO !
Trump plays poker, China plays chess.
https://www.rt.com/business/465952-t...ker-trade-war/

POOR STUPID Nut Zone Doug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He does not notice that China has over one billion hungry people to feed........................................

while United States has 330 million people .................
who could ALL AFFORD to go on a diet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yankees can hold out MUCH LONGER..................................

than the Beijing Butchers that Nut Zone Doug........................

calls MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like the whipped Commie slave he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Silver will follow shortly as gold prices itself out of the common mans bubble...

I doubt there is much downside risk at this point.

It already has right in step with gold.

Good thing we have lots n lots of gold still sitting in rock waiting quietly.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

Trump says he will raise tariffs on Chinese goods in latest escalation of trade war

President Trump��s announcement on Twitter came after a busy day in the U.S.-China trade war, with China announcing new tariffs against the United States and Trump demanding that American companies stop doing business with China.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ational&wpmk=1

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Trump says he will raise tariffs on Chinese goods in latest escalation of trade war

President Trump��s announcement on Twitter came after a busy day in the U.S.-China trade war, with China announcing new tariffs against the United States and Trump demanding that American companies stop doing business with China.

Good for him .

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1 / -1

Trump accuses China of 'currency manipulation' as trade war escalates

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/polit...&nsid=40108818

The Chinese hold trillions in T-Bills and hard USDs.

... What did Trump expect would happen?

Barack knew it was coming

So, they did it again huh? You people missed the first four times? Here was the last in 2015. BTW check the price of gold in CAD.

On August 11, 2015, the People's Bank of China (PBOC) surprised markets with three consecutive devaluations of the yuan renminbi or yuan (CNY), knocking over 3% off its value.
https://www.investopedia.com

The Impact of China Devaluing the Yuan - Investopedia

Latest - China's central bank denies it's devaluing country's currency to counter tariffs
Yun Li | @YunLi626

Published 8:29 AM ET Mon, 5 Aug 2019 Updated 22 Hours Ago
CNBC.com

Did they or didn't they?

China is also quietly buying up gold bullion as is Russia and Saudi Arabia

Trump is playing a dangerous game of chicken in risking the economy of teh USA and increasing the cost of living for the average American.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face is a horrible way to go

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

The Chinese hold trillions in T-Bills and hard USDs.
... What did Trump expect would happen?

Well, if the record is anything to go by, he expected them to immediately accede to all his demands and praise his wisdom and courage.

Hoid
I have to laugh at the concept of China being under pressure because of economics.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+2

I have to laugh at the concept of China being under pressure because of economics.

If you owe someone a bit of money and you don't pay it back, you have a problem.

If you owe someone a fortune and you don't pay it back, they have a big, big problem.

The amount of American debt held by foreigners is staggering and the Chinese bought a huge amount of it based, I guess, and the US's stability.

That was then. I'm sure that China has re-assessed the quality of their American holdings over the last four years.

Hoid
china is an authoritarian state

they could care less how much their people might suffer

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1

china is an authoritarian state
they could care less how much their people might suffer

If suddenly. Middle Class consumer Chinese suddenly find themselves back in their villages as poor peasants, again, they may pull the edifice down but I doubt it. China has had a slave culture since the early Bronze Age and it is a normal, natural state of affairs for that culture

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+3 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Well, if the record is anything to go by, he expected them to immediately accede to all his demands and praise his wisdom and courage.

had a good chuckle on that one... Wasn't quite expecting that

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

If you owe someone a bit of money and you don't pay it back, you have a problem.

If you owe someone a fortune and you don't pay it back, they have a big, big problem.

The amount of American debt held by foreigners is staggering and the Chinese bought a huge amount of it based, I guess, and the US's stability.

That was then. I'm sure that China has re-assessed the quality of their American holdings over the last four years.

In this case, China has the ability to manipulate the US currency somewhat in concert with manipulating their currency to have a specific effect.

In terms of not paying back debt, with respect to T-Bills, it has been observed that China has used the T-Bills as collateral for loans used to purchase hard assets.

Smart folk

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+2 / -2

had a good chuckle on that one... Wasn't quite expecting that

In this case, China has the ability to manipulate the US currency somewhat in concert with manipulating their currency to have a specific effect.

In terms of not paying back debt, with respect to T-Bills, it has been observed that China has used the T-Bills as collateral for loans used to purchase hard assets.

Smart folk

smart folks indeed. They play chess while the US plays checkers

No contest.

They have long term planning......while the US is instant gratification oriented.

no contest.

BUT the US has Nukes......has used them and would a gain.
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; 3 weeks ago at 08:19 PM..

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

Trump says he regrets China trade dispute after recent escalations and severe economic penalties

President Trump, when asked by a reporter at the G-7 summit in France if he was having any second thoughts, responded ��Yeah, sure, why not. Might as well. Might as well. I have second thoughts about everything.��
In recent days, China slapped new tariffs on U.S. goods, and Trump responded by jacking up tariff rates on more than $500 billion in Chinese goods. The actions have rattled investors and stoked fears that a prolonged standoff could lead to a global recession.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ational&wpmk=1

He only has himself to blame......and might say the opposite tomorrow. No credibility.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2

Trump says he regrets China trade dispute after recent escalations and severe economic penalties

President Trump, when asked by a reporter at the G-7 summit in France if he was having any second thoughts, responded ��Yeah, sure, why not. Might as well. Might as well. I have second thoughts about everything.��
In recent days, China slapped new tariffs on U.S. goods, and Trump responded by jacking up tariff rates on more than $500 billion in Chinese goods. The actions have rattled investors and stoked fears that a prolonged standoff could lead to a global recession.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ational&wpmk=1

He only has himself to blame......and might say the opposite tomorrow. No credibility.

in the meantime, it's the average Joe on the street in the USA (and around the globe) pays the price.

No one wins in a trade war and Trump is learning this the hard way

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1 / -1

in the meantime, it's the average Joe on the street in the USA (and around the globe) pays the price.

The Republicans have never been in favour of trade wars but they're all trained seals now, it seems.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
In reversal, Trump says he wishes he��d raised China tariffs higher
After President Trump conceded regret during the G-7 summit about his escalating trade war with China, the White House reversed course in a head spinning about-face, saying his comments had been ��greatly misinterpreted.��

source: WAPO

didn't take long. Little wonder the G7 members are treating him like an explosive chemist;ry experiment.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

Sadly, he seems to be learning NOTHING.......

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+3 / -1

Iranian foreign minister makes surprise visit to G-7, catching Trump off-guard

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif's arrival in Biarritz, France, appeared to be a covert initiative by French President Emmanuel Macron, a senior European official said, and other leaders were not given advance notice. There was no immediate plan for the Iranian foreign minister to meet anyone other than French officials, the officials said.
President Trump, whose antics often leave other world leaders searching for words, had little to say about the unexpected guest.
��No comment,�� Trump told reporters when asked.

source: WAPO

That was shrewd. BIG BIG message there.

Trump has managed to make the US the OUTSIDER in these groups now. From "leader ..........to outsider........in a minuscule amount of time. Make America WHAT again??

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1

The Republicans have never been in favour of trade wars but they're all trained seals now, it seems.

I'd suggest that the Dems aren't of the mindset to support a trade war either, but things are all screwed-up at this point.

I don't pay enough attention to the events in minutae (other than the snippets of info on the news), however, I don't recall anyone from any Party jumping on board with Trump with this strategy/practice.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Reps are being quiet, hoping for a win, but quietly positioning themselves for a leadership contest if it doesn't.

The Dems are smart in being quiet for the time being and waiting to see the fallout from these negotiations (if you can call it a negotiation) and take actions accordingly in the months comming up to their elections.

Right now, all the risk is on trump

Curious Cdn
Conservative

I'd suggest that the Dems aren't of the mindset to support a trade war either, but things are all screwed-up at this point.
I don't pay enough attention to the events in minutae (other than the snippets of info on the news), however, I don't recall anyone from any Party jumping on board with Trump with this strategy/practice.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Reps are being quiet, hoping for a win, but quietly positioning themselves for a leadership contest if it doesn't.
The Dems are smart in being quiet for the time being and waiting to see the fallout from these negotiations (if you can call it a negotiation) and take actions accordingly in the months comming up to their elections.

The Dems have always been no-fans of NAFTA. It was an extreme surprise when Trump turned the GOP to the Democratic way of seeing trade.

These are strange times.

MHz

After starving how many?

As few as possible while in the West it will be after starving as many as possible. The people with high populations avoid killing each other, that is how you get large populations. Those who are borderline extinct would be at war with somebody all the time.

MHz
+1

The Dems have always been no-fans of NAFTA. It was an extreme surprise when Trump turned the GOP to the Democratic way of seeing trade.

These are strange times.

These are the days a plan that has been in-play for 140 years has its closing act. Can't have a big change when the 'same old, same old' is going on.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Sort of , however I understand China is experiencing cash flow problems which are affecting the emerging upper and middle classes . As the liquidity problems intensify they may be forced to play America’s game . Time will tell .