Nfl 2020

Tecumsehsbones
OK, y'all, I'm genuinely, deeply sorry about the CFL's season, and absolutely disgusted at the government's refusal to spring 'em 30 mil, which woulda been a fart in a hurricane except somebody decided to make it a minor culture war.

That said, I invite all Canadian Football fans to enjoy the NFL. It's a slower game, and very cramped due to the smaller field, but the individual athletes' talent levels are generally higher than in CFL.

First game is the Kansas City Chiefs (reigning champions) vs. the Houston Texans (exciting with DeShaun Watson at QB and the awesome JJ Watt on defense), Thursday evening at 8:20 EDT. Check your listings.

After that, I welcome any and all to root for the incredibly exciting Baltimore Ravens. First game Sunday at 1:00 EDT.

Tecumsehsbones
Excellent game. KC Chiefs 34 - 20 Houston Texans.

Both teams looked very sharp. The lack of a pre-season has not hurt them. The rookies were particularly effective.

35.4 million viewers. Guess Walters hateful prediction was exaggerated.

Tecumsehsbones
Ravens 38 - 6 Browns.

Ouch.

Tecumsehsbones
Ravens 33 - 16 Texans.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore."

Hoid
KC vs Ravens is 27-10 at halftime and should be worse.

Baltimore defense is bad but their O is worse.

Lamar looking like the new RGB111. KC shutting him down no problem.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

KC vs Ravens is 27-10 at halftime and should be worse.
Baltimore defense is bad but their O is worse.
Lamar looking like the new RGB111. KC shutting him down no problem.

Hard to see how it coulda gone worse.

Hoid
i was looking forward to that one too. I=Was thinking it had game of year potential.

The I watched Jets/Broncos which was a laugher between 2 0-3 teams and turned out to be a really good game.

so you never know

Jinentonix
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Excellent game. KC Chiefs 34 - 20 Houston Texans.

Both teams looked very sharp. The lack of a pre-season has not hurt them. The rookies were particularly effective.

35.4 million viewers. Guess Walters hateful prediction was exaggerated.

And yet the rating was down 13% while viewership was down 7% for that game.
In fact, only three games so far this season have seen a ratings increase and one of those was only 1%. To be fair though, 8 games saw an increase in viewership, albeit for three of them the increase was only 1% or less.

So, of the 19 games played up to and including the Dallas-Seattle game, 16 games saw a decrease in ratings and 11 games saw a decrease in viewership.
The game that saw the biggest increase in both ratings and viewership was K-C at Baltimore with 31% and 32% respectively and it still only drew 14 million viewers. The games that saw biggest drop were a double header on CBS, NYG-CHI and DEN-PIT tanking with a 39% drop in the ratings and a 41% drop in viewership with only 9.7 million.

***'Viewers' is defined as the number of viewers aged 2+ viewing the game in the average minute.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

And yet the rating was down 13% while viewership was down 7% for that game.
In fact, only three games so far this season have seen a ratings increase and one of those was only 1%. To be fair though, 8 games saw an increase in viewership, albeit for three of them the increase was only 1% or less.
So, of the 19 games played up to and including the Dallas-Seattle game, 16 games saw a decrease in ratings and 11 games saw a decrease in viewership.
The game that saw the biggest increase in both ratings and viewership was K-C at Baltimore with 31% and 32% respectively and it still only drew 14 million viewers. The games that saw biggest drop were a double header on CBS, NYG-CHI and DEN-PIT tanking with a 39% drop in the ratings and a 41% drop in viewership with only 9.7 million.
***'Viewers' is defined as the number of viewers aged 2+ viewing the game in the average minute.

Never bring a big mouth and empty hands to a gunfight, Jin.

My answer is obvious. . .

"How's the CFL doing?"