Habs fans are at it again

Cannuck
Guy Lafleur's son pleads guilty to 14 charges - Montreal - CBC News
Quote:

...the Hall of Famer later admitted he drove his son to hotels to spend the night with his 16-year-old girlfriend. Police issued an arrest warrant in January for the former Habs forward.

...this guys is an icon to some people and yet he helps his son mate an underage girls. people try to tell me that Habs fans are aren't pedophiles but i just don't believe it.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

...this guys is an icon to some people and yet he helps his son mate an underage girls. people try to tell me that Habs fans are aren't pedophiles but i just don't believe it.

Isn't this old old old non-news? What, are you just a Leafs fan, looking for something to cheer on, since you don't have a team?

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Isn't this old old old non-news?

I'm well aware of the date of the article. Look around at the other threads.

TenPenny

Why, is there a thread celebrating the Leafs' recent Stanley Cup victory?

Johnny Utah

So if Gretzky's son did the same thing would all Oilers fans be pedophiles?

lone wolf
Trolling at all costs?

Unforgiven
+1
#7  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

Yes Johnny I am sorry but yes they would all be pedophiles. Pedobear would become the New Oilers mascot and sadly, the whole team would have to move to a half way house.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

Yes Johnny I am sorry but yes they would all be pedophiles. Pedobear would become the New Oilers mascot and sadly, the whole team would have to move to a half way house.

Oh man.. Now I can't stop picturing Pedobear during the intermission activities.

JLM

So why does it warrant further discussion?

captain morgan
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

So why does it warrant further discussion?

'Cause it's PC to isolate religious types but not Francophones

DaSleeper

Why, is there a thread celebrating the Leafs' recent Stanley Cup victory?

Only a few are old enough to remember this.....

Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup - CBC Archives

Sorry...no colour TV

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

According to some here, yes. All Christians are responsible for a few that molest. All Muslims are responsible for the few that perform terrorist acts so anybody associated with the Habs assault women.

talloola
I enjoyed Bruce Budreau's comment today when he was interviewed by 'habs' media, and they complained
about chara's hit on their player, and about head shots in general, and he said" If you don't like
it, don't go to games", then he went on to say that it is a rough game, injuries will happen, and
he hesitated a minute then said "I'm sure if Gil had have hit kretchi, there would have been nothing
said by the montreal press etc.

He also mentioned that most people have no idea of the speed of the game.

Just for anyone who doesn;t know, Budreau is Washington's coach, and they play in montreal tonight.
He is a blunt guy, but I do respect him for speaking out, he's definitely not shy about speaking his
mind, and has done it on other occasions.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Only a few are old enough to remember this.....

Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup - CBC Archives

Sorry...no colour TV

My brother can remember watching it on tv.

Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

I enjoyed Bruce Budreau's comment today when he was interviewed by 'habs' media, and they complained
about chara's hit on their player, and about head shots in general, and he said" If you don't like
it, don't go to games", then he went on to say that it is a rough game, injuries will happen, and
he hesitated a minute then said "I'm sure if Gil had have hit kretchi, there would have been nothing
said by the montreal press etc.

He also mentioned that most people have no idea of the speed of the game.

Just for anyone who doesn;t know, Budreau is Washington's coach, and they play in montreal tonight.
He is a blunt guy, but I do respect him for speaking out, he's definitely not shy about speaking his
mind, and has done it on other occasions.

I think that those involved in the game, not in the media speculation, know that while it was an intentional hit into the boards, Chara never meant to inflict any serious injury. He's not that kind of guy. If it was Sean Avery, I'd say the exact opposite.

Johnny Utah
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

I guess that's better than being a Calgary Flames fan..

According to some here, yes. All Christians are responsible for a few that molest. All Muslims are responsible for the few that perform terrorist acts so anybody associated with the Habs assault women.

Why can't Hockey just be Hockey?

talloola

My brother can remember watching it on tv.

I think that those involved in the game, not in the media speculation, know that while it was an intentional hit into the boards, Chara never meant to inflict any serious injury. He's not that kind of guy. If it was Sean Avery, I'd say the exact opposite.

exactly, I agree, it was a legal check, not a head shot, not charging, not elbowing,
not a blind side hit, the stanchion is
the culprit, and of course the speed they were skating at the time, but that is the excitement of
todays game, the speed, everyone wants that speed, but it also brings harder collisions when one
comes face to face with a stanchion or the glass etc, the NHL is going to put more padding around
those stanchions, and take out the one piece glass, and replace it with plexi glass again, which is
much more forgiving.

Bar Sinister
+1
Too bad CC doesn't have a section for idiotic posts. This one certainly belongs in that category.