Have you ever been bullied in the workplace? Tell us your story.

CBC News
Although she has never personally experienced a toxic workplace, Marilyn Noble knows all too well that the average Canadian office can be hell.
Noble, a veteran researcher of workplace bullying, said she braces for an onslaught from sad, troubled workers whenever she gives public talks about her findings.
After she has finished speaking, she said, they come up to her the bullied, the stressed, even the suicidal looking for solutions to a problem the World Health Organization has described as an international epidemic: job stress caused by workplace bullying.
Noble describes workplace bullying as personal diminishment. She said it is hugely stressful for individuals, their families and even co-workers.
Full story
Have you ever been bullied in the workplace? Tell us your story.

More...

DurkaDurka
It happens to me all the time, CBC! Some days, I just cry away in my cubicle waiting for 5pm to arrive. Why lord, why?

Twila
I think that it's the only way some bosses can feel they've achieved "boss" status, is to bully and demean.

Just because you've a business degree and have people 'under" you doesn't mean your self esteem issues go away...at least that's what I've learned from my female boss.

God, how i wish I had a male boss again.

Socrates the Greek
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

I think that it's the only way some bosses can feel they've achieved "boss" status, is to bully and demean.

Just because you've a business degree and have people 'under" you doesn't mean your self esteem issues go away...at least that's what I've learned from my female boss.

God, how i wish I had a male boss again.

Years ego I was working for a creep boss, I was a top producer in sales at the time.
One day my boss came into the office was pissed about his life and started bullying me. He told me that from now on I want you to clean the windows every morning when you come to work. I stood up and said to him, I have been a top sales person here for the past 4 months, I know I am good at my work, but I don’t wash windows………………………….
On that note I handed in my notice of quitting and went home…..
The stupid creep called me and asked me to come back…….
I told him to go and f him self, and explained to him that I have decided to open up my own business next to him, and he thought it was a joke……….
To make a long story short after I opened up next to him he started selling me product being he was in the wholesale business……..

Many times after that he told me how he respected me for not taking his bull………
To this day I have never looked back and had I not protested back then my life could have been me still working of a loser boss….
Any boss who will fail to motivate his crew is a total misfit……..

Last edited by Socrates the Greek; Oct 14th, 2008 at 03:35 PM..

DurkaDurka
Socrates, are you reliving an episode of the Office inside your head or something?

With that said, go clean my windows biatch

Socrates the Greek
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Socrates, are you reliving an episode of the Office inside your head or something?

With that said, go clean my windows biatch

You are such a friendly fellow...................

Here is some help for you pal.......

Dale Carnegie Business Group, BC Team [info@dalecarnegie.ccsend.com]

Give them a call they may be able to help your suffering brain...........

Twila
Good on yah, Socrates!!!!!!!!!

Machjo
Yeah, I've always been bullied in every workplace.

Here I'll give you one example. On my first day at work, I see a spot by the window that I like, but gosh darn it someone else is sitting there. So I try to kick her out. And what do the other workers and the boss do? They tell me the place is hers because she's been working there for ten years already and I'm just starting.

So then I decide at lunch time to move her desk. When she comes back, she's all peed off? What? It's just a desk and I want a little sun. Oh, I kept her chair too by the way. Much more cushiony than mine.

So everyone's angry at me, but let me stay there. But then they ask me to give her back her chair. I mean, seriously, just who does she think she is?

So I throw the chair at her. And what does the boss say? 'If you pull a stunt like that again, I'll fire you.'

Well, I wasn't going to put up with such bullying and fearmongering, so I give the boss a knock out punch. The next day, I'm fired.

I'm sorry, but I just can't stand all this bullying. And it happens with every new job I get.

I'm telling you. So many bullies in the workplace. It's terrible.

Twila
and jerks too it would seem