Bush approval rating drops to 24%

Locutus
Yesiree Bob. Not only that, Congress gets a whopping 11%. Outstanding.

And, George and his handlers tried to scare us again today by saying a nuclear Iran means WWIII.

"The national telephone survey of 991 likely voters, conducted October 10 through October 14, found barely one-quarter of Americans, or 26 percent, believe the country is headed in the right direction."

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...rpc=22&sp=true

Walter
W can not seek re-election so the poll is meaningless.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Well actually, it means that 991 people were likely cold-called and had their dinners interrupted.

I'd be a little cranky too.

Tonington
Those poor Americans, who can they turn to? Similar to our situation, at least for me...

Kreskin
24%? Those must be some serious diehards.

karrie
No Party Affiliation

That was my first thought too. 'People unhappy with the guy on his way out the door...' Aside from gloating, does it serve a purpose to conduct such a poll?

Kreskin
Do they keep lame duck records?

mapleleafs67
Free Thinker
surely they must be polling jews with a number that high

normbc9
Conservative
The wealth amassed by both Bush and Cheny makes the Clinton haul look trivial. He is arrogant and ignorant and that does not bode well for the nation he leads. The whole basis for the branch of the Republican party he identifies with use fear as their tool to lead. First they find a new boogey man and then they just keep repeating this fact over and over again in new releases with the hope some will eventually believe there is some thing out there to be afraid of. When the histroy books are written this will be noted as the second most failed presidency in the histiory of this nation. This whole administrative process is on a slippery slope and I hope they make for the full term before they slide off completely

Locutus
Cheney is a very scary powerful individual. Been around since god was a boy.

thomaska
I didn't think he could get any lower.

Nice to see that the "most ethical congress evah" has their ratings in the crapper too.

So much for all that mandate from the people talk...

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Here's a call to stop the Bush problem:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...ion-commentary

... the administration's interrogation and detention tactics have inflamed anti-Americanism and fueled extremist movements around the globe. Sane people, confronting such a situation, do their best to tamp down tensions, rebuild shattered alliances, find common ground with hostile parties and give our military a little breathing space. But crazy people? They look around and decide it's a great time to start another war.

On Tuesday, Bush insisted on the need "to defend Europe against the emerging Iranian threat."

Huh? Iran is now a major threat to Europe? The Iranians are going to launch a nuclear missile (that they don't yet possess) against Europe (for reasons unknown because, as far as we know, they're not mad at anyone in Europe)? This is lunacy in action.

Avro
No Party Affiliation
Ouch!

That's lower than Carter.

Except Carter is a pretty decent guy with his nobel prize and building homes for those without one.

Why, here he is giving one of those families a bible as they move in.

I'm sure we will see old W do that when he retires from ruining the planet.

Just the Facts
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

And, George and his handlers tried to scare us again today by saying a nuclear Iran means WWIII.

And that's a silly assertion, why? exactly?

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...r_Dummies&only

gerryh
and what country is it that is the only one in the world to hae actually used nukes? But that's different right? No worries frm that quarter.

Just the Facts
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

and what country is it that is the only one in the world to hae actually used nukes? But that's different right? No worries frm that quarter.

So therefore no one else will, ever?

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by Just the Facts View Post

So therefore no one else will, ever?

Know what I've found? The buisnessman that is so paranoid about getting ripped off by everyone and their dog, is usually one that rips others off the most.

Walter
God bless W. http://www.torontosun.com/News/Colum...29/4613827.php

Just the Facts
Free Thinker
You know what I've found? When a guy in a mask carrying a knife comes straight at you in a dark alley, there's a better than even chance you're about to be robbed.

MikeyDB
If anyone can help me to locate my misunderstanding in the following de-construction please do so....

A significant number of Americans believe/feel that George Bush was NOT elected by the people legitimately and there have been many comments about the election process, Florida vote-count, Supreme Court intervention in the election process.....

AFTER the fact (of course) it turns out that Colin Powel, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Chaney, George Bush, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle and assorted others lied, exaggerated, misled and dragged the United States into an invasion of Iraq based on faulty, factually wrong and greatly inflated "evidence". The Congress of the United States sat by and did absolutely nothing to rein-in this fascist ole-boys-club and instead became aware over the past eight years that money was and is being diverted from programs and policies that would have greatly reduced the damage done in Louisiana, would have begun a correction of failing and failed infrastructure across the United States and continued to send billions to Israel despite the fact that America has long held that non-compliance with the stated ethos of the United Nations and American foreign policy when it comes to terrorism and "self-defense"....

"No Child Left Behind" is a monsterous lie that has resulted in (according to CNN commentary last night) "dropout factories" where instead of enriching and enhancing education in America, the quality and "success" of education in America has decreased.....

A nation that is and has been the wealthiest and most powerful in the world for decades has elected (at the behest and machinations of George Bush et al. to turn its collective back on the poor and nearly fifty million Americans have no health coverage.....

After denying and funding smear and disinformation campaigns regarding global warming to appease the industrial power-broker greed structure of American corporatism this administration now appears to accept the reality of "climate change" /"global warming" as involving human industrial foolhardiness while pumping billions of tons of pollution into the air and water of Americans and the world....

In an effort to impose its military will on Canada and a great many other nations in the world through calling for a "missile defense shield" that has been proven to be inadequate and cost enormous amounts of money while dividing and setting up divisive elements within many governments, it turns out that the United States under George Bush would do exactly the same thing that the world nearly went to war over when Russia tried the same thing in Cuba....

The list goes on much longer but everyone knows that....

Well 24% have that inkling...but nearly 75% of Americans tacitly agree to this administrations actions and behavior....

Instead of letting this lunatic out of office scott-free, Americans should be calling for criminal charges against George Bush and many others....

You can trust Americans if you wish, I think the evidence is clear....

thomaska
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDB View Post

If anyone can help me to locate my misunderstanding in the following de-construction please do so....

A significant number of Americans believe/feel that George Bush was NOT elected by the people legitimately and there have been many comments about the election process, Florida vote-count, Supreme Court intervention in the election process.....

AFTER the fact (of course) it turns out that Colin Powel, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Chaney, George Bush, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle and assorted others lied, exaggerated, misled and dragged the United States into an invasion of Iraq based on faulty, factually wrong and greatly inflated "evidence". The Congress of the United States sat by and did absolutely nothing to rein-in this fascist ole-boys-club and instead became aware over the past eight years that money was and is being diverted from programs and policies that would have greatly reduced the damage done in Louisiana, would have begun a correction of failing and failed infrastructure across the United States and continued to send billions to Israel despite the fact that America has long held that non-compliance with the stated ethos of the United Nations and American foreign policy when it comes to terrorism and "self-defense"....

"No Child Left Behind" is a monsterous lie that has resulted in (according to CNN commentary last night) "dropout factories" where instead of enriching and enhancing education in America, the quality and "success" of education in America has decreased.....

A nation that is and has been the wealthiest and most powerful in the world for decades has elected (at the behest and machinations of George Bush et al. to turn its collective back on the poor and nearly fifty million Americans have no health coverage.....

After denying and funding smear and disinformation campaigns regarding global warming to appease the industrial power-broker greed structure of American corporatism this administration now appears to accept the reality of "climate change" /"global warming" as involving human industrial foolhardiness while pumping billions of tons of pollution into the air and water of Americans and the world....

In an effort to impose its military will on Canada and a great many other nations in the world through calling for a "missile defense shield" that has been proven to be inadequate and cost enormous amounts of money while dividing and setting up divisive elements within many governments, it turns out that the United States under George Bush would do exactly the same thing that the world nearly went to war over when Russia tried the same thing in Cuba....

The list goes on much longer but everyone knows that....

Well 24% have that inkling...but nearly 75% of Americans tacitly agree to this administrations actions and behavior....

Instead of letting this lunatic out of office scott-free, Americans should be calling for criminal charges against George Bush and many others....

You can trust Americans if you wish, I think the evidence is clear....

Maybe I'm wrong but I think you have your math backwards. I thought it was nearly 75% of Americans think Bush is the anti-christ, and that only 24% approve of him.

MikeyDB
Yes you're correct....

When do you suppose those Americans who haven't lost their connection with reality will re-take their nation their government and their lives?

thomaska

Yes you're correct....

When do you suppose those Americans who haven't lost their connection with reality will re-take their nation their government and their lives?

Probably about the same time that politicians of all walks stop engaging in hyerbolic attacks, spreading half-truths, and slander, and stop engaging in self-aggrandizing policies?

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

"The national telephone survey of 991 likely voters, conducted October 10 through October 14, found barely one-quarter of Americans, or 26 percent, believe the country is headed in the right direction."ee

the shocking part is that this means that 26% of the population of the USA (approximately 78,000,000 people) actually DO think that the country is going the right way.

78,000,000 that's insane... that's twice the population of canada and more on top. it's even more than the population of the UK. How can so many people be so stupid?

Unforgiven
I don't know about that. Numbers can be misleading and a poll of so few people can't give a very accurate reflection of those who actually vote let alone the sentiments of the whole country.

I suspect that there are actually a very small number of people who feel Bush is steering the country in the right direction.

What's the voter turnout in the US? What portion voted for Bush? At this point what portion of those people now feel Bush is doing a good job? I think the figures are different than those posted.

Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrude View Post

the shocking part is that this means that 26% of the population of the USA (approximately 78,000,000 people) actually DO think that the country is going the right way.

78,000,000 that's insane... that's twice the population of canada and more on top. it's even more than the population of the UK. How can so many people be so stupid?

MikeyDB
Imagine what it must be like for the majority of Americans who recognize the corruption and failure of the American Dream...?

When I lived in the U.S. people were generous kind and the outlook was bright. Imagine knowing that 25% of the people you live with are happy that poverty is rampant, government is corrupt, politics is reduced to a game of numbers by powerful lobbies and huge multi-nationals, your education system is failing, 50 million Americans live in the shadow of potentially fatal disease and illness that would otherwise be remedied fairly easily by a healhcare system up to the task. Imagine living in a nation where the Gap and Old Navy and coffee "producers", maintain sweatshops and keep the millions in third world nations on the brink of poverty if not slavery.....

Look at the "candidates" being offered to Americans today....

Rudy Guliani whose claim to fame is the seminal turning point in American history that was elicited by forever downward spiralling policies and practices by a population conditioned to believe that more of everything is their entitlement regardless of the consequences produced across the face of this planet.

Hilary Clinton who's prepared to fake a "southern accent" publicly to appeal to that segment of the population that's too stupid to realize they're being manipulated placated and made a joke of...

Americans don't care what the world thinks, I've been informed time and time again that Americans could care less what the world or anyone of any nation feels about their nation. They're prepared to gamble that a terrorist group wouldn't be able to swipe nukes left in the bellies of killing machines...they're prepared to entertain the slaughter of anyone who disagrees with them over whose "right" it might be to pursue nuclear power.

Common sense, insight into the human condition and acknowledgement of the grave situation in the United States is pushed aside through a media happy to present the criminal and dysfunctional behavior of some of its celebrities as "news"....

It's a sad day for honest hard working Americans, but they have only themselves to blame.

hermanntrude

Americans could care less what the world or anyone of any nation feels about their nation.

at this point I stopped reading and went into an apoplexy of rage.

I hate that phrase with a vengeance. It's becoming more and more common, despite the fact it means exactly the opposite of what people THINK it means.

Unforgiven
Yeah, heh heh, America the nation that cared too much.

Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrude View Post

at this point I stopped reading and went into an apoplexy of rage.

I hate that phrase with a vengeance. It's becoming more and more common, despite the fact it means exactly the opposite of what people THINK it means.

Walter
Damn Bush and his 4.6% unemployment rate, more than a percent lower than Canada's historic low rate.

hermanntrude

Damn Bush and his 4.6% unemployment rate, more than a percent lower than Canada's historic low rate.

and Hitler apparently kept immigration levels very low too. And the streets were nice and clean.