Go Sens Go!

strikeout
I can't believe no one has posted anything about the Sens making it to the Cup. It's Awesome!

BitWhys
If they don't even things out along the boards they're toast.

DurkaDurka
bah to to the Senators!

IdRatherBeSkiing
Aren't the Senators a bit old to be playing hockey? Maybe the House of Commons. But 95 year old men who sleep all day?

Ducks in 4. You know the only reason you are there is because the Leafs didn't play you.

shadowshiv
I really do not want another team that plays in a city with no natural ice to win the Stanley Cup. I would prefer the Sens to win for two reasons. The above mentioned one, and the fact that the Sens are a Canadian team.

I would prefer it to be the Leafs, but they need to get some serious help before that will happen.

talloola
I am seriously cheering for the Sens, they are our last remaining Canadian team, and now, are
Canada's team.
The Maple who?
The Calgary who?
The Edmonton who?
The Vancouver who?
They deserve our support, and I could never cheer for Anaheim, with Burky at the helm, he is such a
blow hard ego maniac.

Of course I will be back with my Canucks in the fall, but for now - GO SENS GO

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

I am seriously cheering for the Sens, they are our last remaining Canadian team, and now, are
Canada's team.
The Maple who?
The Calgary who?
The Edmonton who?
The Vancouver who?
They deserve our support, and I could never cheer for Anaheim, with Burky at the helm, he is such a
blow hard ego maniac.

When the playoffs started, I thought for sure that Vancouver would make it to the finals, but I think the multiple overtime games(which lasted longer than one overtime the majority of their games) against Dallas really wiped them out.

cdn_bc_ca
Sens in 7 is my prediction.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Canada's team.
The Maple who?
The Calgary who?
The Edmonton who?
The Vancouver who?
blow hard ego maniac.

I find myself rather having a pitchfork stuck in my eye than being able to chear for Ottawa. Sorry, GO DUCKS GO! How can you hate a duckie?

TenPenny
I'm trying to cheer for the Sens, but unless they start shooting the puck at the net, they'll be gone in 4. So far, they're not looking good tonight.

TenPenny
Let's see now.
Ottawa can't win a faceoff.
They can't get the puck out of their own zone.
They dump the puck in to the Anaheim zone, and try feebly to get it away from the Ducks, usually failing, and allowing the Ducks to come back down to the Ottawa zone for another 3 minutes of shots on net.
How did Ottawa get to the finals again?

Just the Facts
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

How did Ottawa get to the finals again?

No Leafs.

Dreadful Nonsense

Canada's team.
The Maple who?
The Calgary who?
The Edmonton who?
The Vancouver who?
blow hard ego maniac.

Montreal...ya forgot montreal...ermmm oh yeah the whole Canadain thing is that it?

Montreal rules!!!!!

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

When the playoffs started, I thought for sure that Vancouver would make it to the finals, but I think the multiple overtime games(which lasted longer than one overtime the majority of their games) against Dallas really wiped them out.

Yeah, that was a tough long series, then they had no rest at all before playing Anaheim, and
Anaheim was very rested, it made a difference.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDred View Post

Montreal...ya forgot montreal...ermmm oh yeah the whole Canadain thing is that it?

Montreal rules!!!!!

Oh my god, how could I forget Montreal, my second favouite team.

shadowshiv
Ugh. They were absolutely atrocious last night.

talloola
With eleven days off, it was expected, the second game was better, but Randy Carlyle is a great
coach, and he has his team ready for the Alfredsson line, and if they can shut that line down, it
will be hard for Ottawa. Hope they can rebound. I don't want Anaheim to win.

shadowshiv
I hate this boring, trap-like type of play. I prefer lots of puck movement. I remember the days when New Jersey was so "dominant". That was some of the most boring hockey that I have ever seen. I am sure that not everyone agrees with me, but that is the way I feel.

IdRatherBeSkiing
*chuckle*

Ducks in 4.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

*chuckle*

Ducks in 4.

yer unbelievable....what a sportman.

yeah well a leaf fan blows wierd
Last edited by Dreadful Nonsense; May 31st, 2007 at 10:58 AM..Reason: add on

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDred View Post

yer unbelievable....what a sportman.

yeah well a leaf fan blows wierd

At least get me right. My first love is the Edmonton Oilers.

I do like the Leafs regardless how bad they currently are and probably will continue to be.

But I hate Montreal and Ottawa.

Ducks in 4!. Go Ducks Go.

talloola
I totally disagree. Last nights game, for instance, was some of the best hockey that has been played
for some years. Great puck movement, lots of huge hits, and very very fast.
This new hockey has 'everything', and the only boring teams will be the ones that can't compete, so
they will have to improve their teams. Fast skating is the number one ingredient now, and then good
passing plays, good defense, which balances the game. The game can't be all offence, that isn't a
balanced game at all. I appreciate watching how the teams defend, as well as how they play offense.
And, last, but surely not least, the goaltending is better than I have ever seen.
To me the boring games were the 'old' games where the teams 'only' had defense, and just hooked,
and held and grabbed on to everyone, as that is the only way they could play. I hope we never see
that kind of hockey, ever again.
You can teach 'untalented' players to hold, hook, grab on, fight, and that way you can stop the talented players
from doing much of anything, but the games were very uninteresting and unfair.

#juan
I can't believe nobody is complaining about the refereeing. I thought the Ducks got away with a lot. We can only hope it gets better back in Ottawa.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

I can't believe nobody is complaining about the refereeing. I thought the Ducks got away with a lot. We can only hope it gets better back in Ottawa.

Ever notice the winners never complain about referreeing? I didn't see the game but am just sharing this observation.

Ducks in 4. Go Ducks Go.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Ever notice the winners never complain about referreeing? I didn't see the game but am just sharing this observation.

Ducks in 4. Go Ducks Go.

Shrewd observation......Admittedly the Senators didn't bring their "A" game but I don't think my criticism is due entirely to sour grapes...

Sens in six........seven if neccesary.....

Toro
Anaheim is flat out a better team, or at least they're playing that way.

I can't remember a single instance in the two games where Ottawa dominated 5 on 5. Anaheim certainly did, though. They had Ottawa on their back heels often.

I like the Sens and I'm hoping Ottawa wins, but I don't think they're going to if they don't dramatically get better.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Sens in six........seven if neccesary.....

Perhaps 8?

55Mercury
well, the Sens are making a go of it - 1-1 after 1

don't really care who wins. usually pull for the underdog and in this case Sens are it.

I'll cheer for the ducks when they're down a game.

Kreskin
Emery sucks.

talloola
I'm cheering for Sens, but they are down a goal right now in the second. They have to win this one,
or they are toast.
Game is pretty even, but Gigiere is outplaying Emery, to this point in game.