Nine Inch Nails, MTV part ways over Bush

Jo Canadian
Nine Inch Nails, MTV part ways over Bush

Eh? hasn't some of the most influential music been political?? It seems the Musak industry has developed a yellow stripe similar to the media in regards to communicating anything critical to the status-quo to the public.

Quote:

...In its statement, MTV says it is disappointed Nine Inch Nails will not perform. "While we respect Nine Inch Nails' point of view, we were uncomfortable with their performance being built around a partisan political statement. When we discussed our discomfort with the band, their choice was to unfortunately pull out of the Movie Awards," the network said....

Twila
Wow. I guess Trent don't like to be censored. Imagine that.

Anybody remember the hoopla over the "God save the queen" by the Sex Pistols?

mrmom2
MTV should be called CMTV Corporate media tv They've got to be the leaders in propaganda

missile
This is a good thing! Now MTV can replace NIN with a band that most people actually want to hear.

Twila
I love NIN! Although I don't watch MTV.

My favourite song is Perfect drug.....

unspoken
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

This is a good thing! Now MTV can replace NIN with a band that most people actually want to hear.

Not really. Their replacement is Foo Fighters, who are just plain bad live. I know from two personal experiences at festivals.
And if most people didn't want to hear NIN, then its kind of hard to explain why their new album was number 1 in the US and number 2 in Canada the week it came out.

missile
Aren't the real NIN band all members of Audioslave now?And,with a far better lead singer?

Twila
No, Your thinking of Soundgarden.

missile
Right! I was thinking of Rage Against The Machine.

Twila
You know what's funny about the radio? they'll play Rage against the machine and censore 1 part of a song of theirs. The line they censore is "feck you I won't do what you tell me" yet all through most of their songs they say "feck" and those bits don't get censored.

I wonder if radios are forced to censor the you in feck you? rather then the feck.

missile
I've never heard NIN on any radio station here,ever! I have seen some of their videos on MuchMusic and the band's sound is so garbled.the lyrics are not intelligible.Perhaps that is a form of censoring them.