Angola Bans Islam - Destroys Mosques

Locutus
African State Of Angola Bans Islam All Mosques To Be Destroyed

AFRICANGLOBE – By popular demand, Angolan authorities have taken pre-emptive action and decided to ban the Muslim religion, which they consider a cult, NOT a religion. They see what Muslims are doing to non-Muslims, especially in Africa, and are taking steps to prevent the same from happening in Angola.

In early October 2013, the Muslims living in Luanda in the municipality of Viana Zango were shocked to see the minaret of their mosque dismantled into pieces on the ground without permission. On Thursday 03 October in the morning, the Angolan authorities decided to destroy the mosque Zango located in the urban district of Viana 17 km. The governor of Luanda Bento announced in a radio spot that radical Muslims are not welcome in Angola and the Angolan government is not ready for the legalization of mosques in Angola.

more

African State Of Angola Bans Islam All Mosques To Be Destroyed

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
damngrumpy
+1
So now what the Muslims are about to find out what it's like to have the shoe
on the other foot? This could either be a monumental disaster or a blueprint
of what is to come elsewhere. Trying to stomp out a belief system is not all
that successful usually.

Spade
+9
#3  Top Rated Post
The let's-hate-Moslems threads seem to be prospering thanks to Christian charity.

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade View Post

The let's-hate-Moslems threads seem to be prospering thanks to Christian charity.

Are you sure this is not a deflection by the ruling elite who are corrupt as hell?
Corruption watchdog says $750M missing in Angola-Russia civil war deal | Fox News

Overview of corruption and anti-corruption in Angola » U4

Angolan police teargas opposition protesters - Africa - Al Jazeera English

Protests in Angola erupt after deaths of anti-government activists - International - Catholic Online

Christianna
+1 / -1
If I could I would rid the world of all religions.

Tecumsehsbones
How can we argue against such a bastion of Canadian/American values as Angola?

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Christianna View Post

USSR & China tried it. How did that work out?

bill barilko
Angola being settled by the Portuguese has been largely Roman Catholic for a long time (although so called Animists are still around) there never were a lot of Muzzies 'n the hood.

DaSleeper
+2
Atheist are actually guilty of doing what they accuse religion of doing...which is convert people to their belief system, or rather non belief..

Zipperfish
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

USSR & China tried it. How did that work out?

People have been taking turns trying to run out the Jews for a couple of millenia now. Still can't swing a fish without hitting a Goldstein in his not-insignificant schnozz. (That's right, I just went there--joking though).

I don't think this kind of thing works, and I fear, as always, it will be the weak and innocent who will suffer most, but part of me is sympathetic to Angola's plight. The Muslims are causing mayhem in other countries.

MHz
+1

Well you can't, so what is 'plan B'.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Well you can't, so what is 'plan B'.

Please excuse the interruption. I have a plan "B", better religious educators=better religious educations. Of course that would be natural philosophy, I guess.

WLDB
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Atheist are actually guilty of doing what they accuse religion of doing...which is convert people to their belief system, or rather non belief..

Ive never converted people or accused others of converting people. I do not want belief or non-belief forced on anyone. If one wants to believe in a god, no god, unicorns or magic underwear that makes no difference to me. When they can force it on others, then I have a problem with it. Im not a fan of religion, but I do not agree with what Angola has done. Banning a religion and destroying its places of worship will do nothing. Its oppressive and will cause far more problems. Even Iran allows people in other religions to practice. This will backfire on Angola if it hasnt started already. The easiest way to make any idea or religion popular is to ban it.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Hey, it's a start.....

petros
Angola doesn't like Muzzies or the Chinese who bought Angola don't like Muzzies?

karrie
+2

Be careful... that would put you in the same camp as the religious zealots who, if they could, would make sure the whole world thought like them.

Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Hey, it's a start.....

It's a start to handing control of your spiritual and religious life, over to the government. The two should have nothing to do with one another.

Walter
+1

Stalin and Mao and the Khmer Rouge tried with wonderful results; 200+ million dead.

Blackleaf
+1
Now hopefully Britain will follow suit.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Now hopefully Britain will follow suit.

Like when you did it to the Catholics?

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Stalin and Mao and the Khmer Rouge tried with wonderful results; 200+ million dead.

200+ Million were killed because they banned the open practise of a religion?

Oooooooookaaaaaaŕaaaay

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

Ive never converted people or accused others of converting people. I do not want belief or non-belief forced on anyone. If one wants to believe in a god, no god, unicorns or magic underwear that makes no difference to me. When they can force it on others, then I have a problem with it. Im not a fan of religion, but I do not agree with what Angola has done. Banning a religion and destroying its places of worship will do nothing. Its oppressive and will cause far more problems. Even Iran allows people in other religions to practice. This will backfire on Angola if it hasnt started already. The easiest way to make any idea or religion popular is to ban it.

If atheists can paint all Christians with the same broad brush that they use for Televangelists....well then so can I....................?

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Oooooooookaaaaaaŕaaaay

Walter makes numbers up; it's a useful skill untill someone challenges your figures.

Blackleaf

Like when you did it to the Catholics?

The Catholics started that as well and got all they deserved, just like the Muslims now.

It's just a pity that people like you wrongly see them as poor, little innocent victims, rather than the CAUSES of the tension.

Spade
Catholic sailors are ship disturbers.

taxslave

That would be the lying and thieving by governments?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

That would be the lying and thieving by governments?

Yes indeed. There, you've not only had your hobbyhorse out for a ride, you've gotten agreement.

Your work here is done.

taxslave

Yes indeed. There, you've not only had your hobbyhorse out for a ride, you've gotten agreement.

Your work here is done.

Soon as the sun comes up I think I will hop on a real horse just for fun.

Blackleaf
A pair of Irish ditch diggers were repairing some road damage directly across the street from a house of prostitution.

They witnessed a Protestant minister lurking about, then duck into the house.

"Would ye look at that, Darby!" said Pat. "What a shameful disgrace, those Protestant reverends sinning in a house the likes of that place!" They both shook their heads and continued working.

A short time later they watched as a Rabbi looked around cautiously and then darted into the house when he was satisfied no one was looking. "Did ya see that, Darby?" Pat asked in shock and disbelief, "Is nothing holy to those Jewish rabbis? I just can't understand what the world is coming to these days. A man of the cloth indulging himself in sins of the flesh. T'is a shame, I tell ya!"

Not much later a third man, a Catholic priest, was seen lurking about the house, looking around to see if anyone was watching, then quietly sneaked in. "Oh no, Darby, look!" said Pat, removing his cap and crossing himself, "One of the poor girls musta died...."

The American tourist was walking around the cathedral admiring the architecture.
'Are you enjoying your visit to Ireland?' asked a young priest.
'Very much, Father, but I can't get on with the whiskey it's far too strong for me,' said the Yank.
'Why so?' asked the priest.
'Well, I got drunk on it on Saturday night and crashed out unconscious. Sunday morning I woke at 5 a.m. bright as a button. I went to 6 o'clock mass, 7 o'clock mass, 8 o'clock, nine, ten and eleven o'clock mass. Then I went to afternoon Rosary, sermon, Stations of the Cross and Benediction!'
'So what's wrong with that?' asked the priest.
'I'm a Protestant!' said the tourist.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Soon as the sun comes up I think I will hop on a real horse just for fun.

Facing forward?

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Oooooooookaaaaaaŕaaaay

Because they wanted the state to be the supreme being. You can also spell OK with two letters.