Andrew Scheer Is Killing the Conservative Brand

mentalfloss
Shoulda gone with Mad Max.

This guy was a huge mistake.

6 months of Andrew Scheer

Six months ago, Andrew Scheer became the new leader of the Conservative Party and the head of Her Majesty's Official Opposition.

He took over a party still smarting from the 2015 election defeat, but looking to oust Justin Trudeau's Liberals when Canada next goes to the polls in 2019.

The Saskatchewan MP and former speaker of the House of Commons narrowly beat out Quebec MP Maxime Bernier at the leadership vote in Toronto on May 27, besting him on the 13th and final ballot.

Since the beginning of the year, and continuing under Scheer's leadership, the Conservatives have raised more money than the Liberals. But the party still trails the Liberals in the polls by a wide enough margin that a re-elected Liberal majority is more likely than not.

To assess how Scheer has been doing in his first six months as Conservative leader, Pollcast host Éric Grenier is joined by Tim Powers of Summa Strategies and Chad Rogers of Crestview Strategy, who provided their analysis throughout the long Conservative campaign.

The Pollcast: 6 months of Andrew Scheer - Politics - CBC News
Last edited by mentalfloss; Dec 5th, 2017 at 02:57 PM..

White_Unifier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Shoulda gone with Mad Max.

This guy was a mistake.

6 months of Andrew Scheer

Six months ago, Andrew Scheer became the new leader of the Conservative Party and the head of Her Majesty's Official Opposition.

He took over a party still smarting from the 2015 election defeat, but looking to oust Justin Trudeau's Liberals when Canada next goes to the polls in 2019.

The Saskatchewan MP and former speaker of the House of Commons narrowly beat out Quebec MP Maxime Bernier at the leadership vote in Toronto on May 27, besting him on the 13th and final ballot.

Since the beginning of the year, and continuing under Scheer's leadership, the Conservatives have raised more money than the Liberals. But the party still trails the Liberals in the polls by a wide enough margin that a re-elected Liberal majority is more likely than not.

To assess how Scheer has been doing in his first six months as Conservative leader, Pollcast host Éric Grenier is joined by Tim Powers of Summa Strategies and Chad Rogers of Crestview Strategy, who provided their analysis throughout the long Conservative campaign.

The Pollcast: 6 months of Andrew Scheer - Politics - CBC News

You must look beyond the Party Leader though. Many Canadians vote for the best local candidate; and so the local candidate running will play a role in deciding the outcome too.

mentalfloss
Most people look at the leader and vote for the local candidate based on the platform that the leader communicates.

That's why we need to move to proportional representation.

White_Unifier

Most people look at the leader and vote for the local candidate based on the platform that the leader communicates.

I agree that those who vote that way should move to proportional representation.

Walter
+4
The article states the Cons are raising more money than the Libs, yet the thread title says the Cons are being killed. Just another shit thread by Analfloss.

mentalfloss
They're getting slaughtered in seats.

And they will continue to lose if they maintain their social conservativism (ie. idiots like you).

Canadian Conservatives are libertarians.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

The article states the Cons are raising more money than the Libs, yet the thread title says the Cons are being killed. Just another shit thread by Analfloss.

the work they do for the oil industry is well worth whatever they are paying them.

mentalfloss
Walter's offended.

White_Unifier

Er... last I checked, what counts is how many people vote for you, not how much money they can give you.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Er... last I checked, what counts is how many people vote for you, not how much money they can give you.

Probably better to judge him after he's been put "in gear"!

Walter

There hasn’t been a vote in over two years.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2

Flossy is gonna be so bummed when tater tot gets his ass handed to him, no different than all of the crowing he did about KXL not going through.

Last edited by captain morgan; Dec 5th, 2017 at 05:11 PM..

Hoid
+1 / -1
Whatever brand the conservatives had was put to death when they lined up with the Reform idjits and all gave back their gold plated pensions.

Walter
+5
#14  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Whatever brand the conservatives had was put to death when they lined up with the Reform idjits and all gave back their gold plated pensions.

That’s why Harper was PM for all those years.

Hoid
+1 / -1

That’s why Harper was PM for all those years.

Harper being prime minister for all those years is why Trudeau is prime minster as we speak.

So that pear-shaped loser actually accomplished something.

Walter
+3

Harper being prime minister for all those years is why Trudeau is prime minster as we speak.

So that pear-shaped loser actually accomplished something.

But you posted the con movement died when it amalgamated with reform, yet Harper won the PM position after that amalgamation.
Last edited by Walter; Dec 5th, 2017 at 05:31 PM..

petros
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Flossy is gonna be so bummed when tater tot gets his ass handed to him, no different than all of the crowing he did about KXL not going through.

Flossy is a die hard Dipper. He's voting for fresh Jagmeet.

Hoid

But you posted the con movement died when it amalgamated with reform, yet Harper won the PM position after that amalgamation.

but they were not conservatives.

the BC Socred party renamed itself the Liberals but that didn't make them liberals.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Flossy is a die hard Dipper. He's voting for fresh Jagmeet.

I suspect that Flossy will throw his support behind anyone that doesn't represent the conservative brand

petros
+1

but they were not conservatives.

the BC Socred party renamed itself the Liberals but that didn't make them liberals.

But they have tie pins, umbrellas and beverage coasters with the trademarked logo.

I suspect that Flossy will throw his support behind anyone that doesn't represent the conservative brand

Jagmeet and cheese sammages thru and thru.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Too bad they don't have hockey-card style promo items.... It'd be well worth getting a few so i could clothes-pin one on my bike frame and achieve that much desired staccato sound that was primo when I was a kid

White_Unifier
+1

Too bad they don't have hockey-card style promo items.... It'd be well worth getting a few so i could clothes-pin one on my bike frame and achieve that much desired staccato sound that was primo when I was a kid

Cripes! Motorbike wheels would chew the card up in seconds.

petros
+1

Check a recycling bin at a head shop.

https://thinkpol.ca/2017/02/03/suppo...eform-promise/
Last edited by petros; Dec 5th, 2017 at 06:00 PM..

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Check a recycling bin at a head shop.

https://thinkpol.ca/2017/02/03/suppo...eform-promise/

What's a head shop?

petros
+1
Google

White_Unifier
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_shop

petros

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_shop

Not to be confused with smart shop.

mentalfloss
Who knew that the conbots wouldn't be able to beat Trudeau?

(Everyone...)

IdRatherBeSkiing
+3

They're getting slaughtered in seats.

And they will continue to lose if they maintain their social conservativism (ie. idiots like you).

Canadian Conservatives are libertarians.

There is no election in 2017 so they are not being slaughtered in seats. Just some polls. Like the ones that said Hilary would win.

mentalfloss
Don't be daft.

Unlike Americans, we can show the numbers in seats.

There's the odd election out, but most of the time polls are generally on point.