Let's Bring Back the Old Gods!

Spade
Formula:
Friggday -2 = Humpday

Spade
Saturday on Saturn is only 10 hours, 34 minutes, 13 seconds long. No long weekends on Saturn. Pity!
Wind Estimate 'Shortens' Saturn's Day By Five Minutes

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade View Post

Formula:
Friggday -2 = Humpday

Funny, I was thinking Friggday + 5 = Humpday.

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

Funny, I was thinking Friggday + 5 = Humpday.

[ Friggday - 2 ] = [Friggday + 5] (mod 7)

Cliffy
To a dog, every day is Hump day (or Frigg day, depending on what language he spoke). Most men wish it would be.

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

To a dog, every day is Hump day (or Frigg day, depending on what language he spoke). Most men wish it would be.

In the olden days, after fire but before the refrigerator, in our small prairie village, dogs used to get hopeless stuck. The little old ladies and little old men who had no dogs of their own used to raise an unholy furour over unbridled public sex. The town policeman used to free them using hot water douses!

Cliffy
I remember a woman kicking a male mutt while he was stuck in her prize poodle. She was in such a rage she was hysterical. I think I pissed my pants laughing that time.

Liberalman

Now, gentle posters, I've been giving this some thought. If we, as Canadians, are stuck with a sovereign from the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (I know, they're calling themselves Windsors now), why not go all the way and not only have North-Germanic kings and queens but the Old Anglo-Saxon, Norse, Germanic Gods as well?
Tiw
From time to time, when bored, I slip into the theological debates on this message board. May I quote from one where tempers continue to rage?!
Quote:
"Jesus was a prophet!"
"No, he wasn't"
"Yes, he was!"
"No, he wasn't!"
"Well, what was he then?"
"He was God!"
"No, he wasn't!"
"Yes, he was!"
"There is no God!"
"Yes, there is!"
No, there is not!"
"You're going to go to hell!"
"No, I'm not"
"Yes, you are"
"There is no hell"
"Is, too!"
"Isn't!"
And so on, and so forth.

Now wouldn't an argument about Tiw or Woden be a pleasant change?
Try it, it may be fun!

Jesus Christ Almighty do you believe this?

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

What do you think?

VanIsle

Do you believe this?

Spade
I think he's being a Thor head!

AnnaG

I hope you aren't expecting an answer from Jesus.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by spade View Post

i think he's being a thor head!

lol!!!

Kreskin
Whatever happened to those dudes like Zeus and Poseidon?

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Relegated to the back burner. Allah and Jezuz are thumping it out now.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

The Poseidon sunk and Zeus seems to have left the bldg. sometime ago.

AnnaG
Zeus, Elvis, J. Hendrix, J. Morrison, J.S.Bach, and Liberace are living in Saskatchewan. They have a "Hotel California" there by a little "Red House", and are writing lyrics to "Toccata and Fugue in D MInor".
Poseidon is playing in puddles as usual. Once in a while he and Neptune get into a game of "Battleship" and make waves. BIG waves.

Spade

Zeus, Elvis, J. Hendrix, J. Morrison, J.S.Bach, and Liberace are living in Saskatchewan.

They're by Paradise Hill, aren't they?

Spade
A great Sun Day, today! The Gawds be praised!

And no coyotes! They must have followed the Greyhound into Saskatchewan!

Cliffy

A great Sun Day, today! The Gawds be praised!

And no coyotes! They must have followed the Greyhound into Saskatchewan!

Ya lost me on this one, cousin. Coyotes hockey team, the trickster or....?

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Dragons ceased to exist when people stopped believing in them. Things, gods, demons only exist in a belief system. Pan used to exist then faded from sight. Now he is coming back in some circles. That is why I say that Satan is alive and doing well in Christianity.

Ah, Puff, we hardly knew ye.

Spade
Saskatchewan has, in their government's view, too many coyotes. They've just set a $20.00 bounty on them; to collect, hunters must turn in all four paws. Seems a bit 1920-ish.
Last edited by Spade; Nov 22nd, 2009 at 12:03 PM..

Cliffy

Saskatchewan has in their government's view, too many coyotes. They've just set a $20.00 bounty on them; to collect, hunters must turn in all four paws. Seems a bit 1920-ish.

$20! Cheep solution to a perceived problem. When I worked on a ranch near Red Dear back in 72, the more they persecuted the coyotes, the more coyotes they had. Species under duress tend to compensate by breeding more and having larger litters. It is amazing those morons haven't figured that out yet. Well... maybe not. Politicians aren't to bright.

Mowich

Saskatchewan has in their government's view, too many coyotes. They've just set a $20.00 bounty on them; to collect, hunters must turn in all four paws. Seems a bit 1920-ish.

Once the coyote is dead, I don't think he would mind having his paws removed.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Once the coyote is dead, I don't think he would mind having his paws removed.

In the twenties they removed the ears. Still barbaric none the less.

Mowich
What do coyotes have to do with bringing back the old gods, I ask????

AnnaG

My culture revered coyotes. Actually some still do. There's also an Egyptian god that has a canine noggin.

Anubis:

Spade

The Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Islam, Christianity) all derive from the premise that humanity is different, not only in degree but in kind, from the rest of the natural world. That we, as people, were given "dominion" over creation.

Quote:
"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth" - Genesis 1:28 KV.

This has given cover for and encouragement to those who have callous disregard for the life on this small planet! The bounty on coyotes is but one small example; tailing ponds at Ft. McMurray is another.

The Abrahamic religions have bulldozed the planet and us into the false assumption that a better word awaits. They are the Monsanto of theological discourse, claiming their world view as based on seeds of truth.

Far better, perhaps, would be a return to more basic mysteries - the truth that we are but part of a "spiritual" web that includes the tundra, taiga, and tiger.

Yes, for all our sakes, bring back the old gods!

AnnaG

The Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Islam, Christianity) all derive from the premise that humanity is different, not only in degree but in kind, from the rest of the natural world. That we, as people, were given "dominion" over creation.

Quote:
"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth" - Genesis 1:28 KV.

This has given cover for and encouragement to those who have callous disregard for the life on this small planet! The bounty on coyotes is but one small example; tailing ponds at Ft. McMurray is another.

The Abrahamic religions have bulldozed the planet and us into the false assumption that a better word awaits. They are the Monsanto of theological discourse, claiming their world view as based on seeds of truth.

Far better, perhaps, would be a return to more basic mysteries - the truth that we are but part of a "spiritual" web that includes the tundra, taiga, and tiger.

Yes, for all our sakes, bring back the old gods!

Bump!

Spade

My culture revered coyotes. Actually some still do. There's also an Egyptian god that has a canine noggin.

Anubis:

Coyote and Wishpoosh: A Native American Origin Myth from American Folklore