Gun Control is Completely Useless.


Colpy
Conservative
#11041
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

that was only because many UK ships were flagged to us for the war.


Bullshit.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#11042
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

that was only because many UK ships were flagged to us for the war and of course Canada commandeered all the civilian shipping for the merchant navy

How many warships (and Liberty Ships) do you think were built in Canada?
 
Hoid
#11043
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

He is a Sociology professor, which means he is not an expert on anything.


Jooyoung Lee is an (award winning) Associate Professor of Sociology and faculty member at the Centre for the Study of the United States, which is housed in the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto. He is also Senior Fellow in the Yale University Urban Ethnography Project.

​He is specifically well educated in the area of gun ownership and gun violence

One the other hand you have an internet connection - and an obvious and tiresome agenda
 
Colpy
Conservative
#11044
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Jooyoung Lee is an (award winning) Associate Professor of Sociology and faculty member at the Centre for the Study of the United States, which is housed in the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto. He is also Senior Fellow in the Yale University Urban Ethnography Project.

​He is specifically well educated in the area of gun ownership and gun violence

One the other hand you have an internet connection - and an obvious and tiresome agenda


Yep. A better CV than I expected, but his conclusions are BS.


Try this guy:


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lott


And you should learn to research for yourself, and not just take the word of whomever happens to shoot a pleasant sound bite your way.


You still haven't addressed my argument and stats.


If banning or severely restricting guns saves lives, why do the worst countries on earth have tough gun control, yet have murder rates (including gun violence rates) much worse than not only Canada, but the USA as well?
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#11045
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

instead of magical?

Not magic , physics.
 
Hoid
#11046
The extra special physics that make gun immune from all laws of physics and logic.

You need a google degree in that
 
Hoid
-1
#11047
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post
Jooyoung Lee is an (award winning) Associate Professor of Sociology and faculty member at the Centre for the Study of the United States, which is housed in the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto. He is also Senior Fellow in the Yale University Urban Ethnography Project.

​He is specifically well educated in the area of gun ownership and gun violence

One the other hand you have an internet connection - and an obvious and tiresome agenda


Yep. A better CV than I expected, but his conclusions are BS.


Try this guy:


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lott


And you should learn to research for yourself, and not just take the word of whomever happens to shoot a pleasant sound bite your way.


You still haven't addressed my argument and stats.


If banning or severely restricting guns saves lives, why do the worst countries on earth have tough gun control, yet have murder rates (including gun violence rates) much worse than not only Canada, but the USA as well?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

look, you don't have an argument

you have an internet connection and pathological need to lie about guns.

the person who is shooting the sound bite my way is one of the leading scholars in the field

the fact you don't even know who he is speaks volumes.

and they aren't his conclusions you ****ing pea brain
 
Colpy
Conservative
+1
#11048
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post
Jooyoung Lee is an (award winning) Associate Professor of Sociology and faculty member at the Centre for the Study of the United States, which is housed in the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto. He is also Senior Fellow in the Yale University Urban Ethnography Project.

​He is specifically well educated in the area of gun ownership and gun violence

One the other hand you have an internet connection - and an obvious and tiresome agenda


Yep. A better CV than I expected, but his conclusions are BS.


Try this guy:


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lott


And you should learn to research for yourself, and not just take the word of whomever happens to shoot a pleasant sound bite your way.


You still haven't addressed my argument and stats.


If banning or severely restricting guns saves lives, why do the worst countries on earth have tough gun control, yet have murder rates (including gun violence rates) much worse than not only Canada, but the USA as well?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

look, you don't have an argument

you have an internet connection and pathological need to lie about guns.

the person who is shooting the sound bite my way is one of the leading scholars in the field

the fact you don't even know who he is speaks volumes.

and they aren't his conclusions you ****ing pea brain


Here I am, trying to be polite (for a change), and you are still trolling.


One lie. One single lie. That I wrote, with the link to the proof I am lying.


Put up, or shut up.


The guy is wrong, I don't give a rat's ass how many useless degrees he has in Sociology, Lesbian Dance Theory, Gender Studies, Basket Weaving, or Solo Sexual Gratification.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#11049
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Jooyoung Lee is an (award winning) Associate Professor of Sociology and faculty member at the Centre for the Study of the United States, which is housed in the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto. He is also Senior Fellow in the Yale University Urban Ethnography Project.
​He is specifically well educated in the area of gun ownership and gun violence
One the other hand you have an internet connection - and an obvious and tiresome agenda

So he has bin to skool a whole bunch. Has he ever actually done anything important? Like maybe rode around the inner core of a city with the cops? Been in the armed forces? Had a real job?
 
Hoid
#11050
This is me, putting up:


"There was a study, for example, published in a very well-respected epidemiological journal in 2016 by researchers that did a survey of 130 different studies about the effectiveness of different types of gun control restrictions," said Lee.

"One of the core findings that they came away with was that gun bans tend to have a very good effect in terms of reducing gun violence rates. So this is not political posturing. This is social science at work. This is researchers surveying 130 peer-reviewed articles and coming away with this conclusion."
 
Colpy
Conservative
#11051
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

This is me, putting up:


"There was a study, for example, published in a very well-respected epidemiological journal in 2016 by researchers that did a survey of 130 different studies about the effectiveness of different types of gun control restrictions," said Lee.

"One of the core findings that they came away with was that gun bans tend to have a very good effect in terms of reducing gun violence rates. So this is not political posturing. This is social science at work. This is researchers surveying 130 peer-reviewed articles and coming away with this conclusion."


FAIL

To actually demonstrate that I wrote a lie, you have to actually reproduce something I said, and then show that it is not only wrong, but obviously wrong.


You did neither.
 
JamesBondo
#11052
reading 130 studies across the world sounds like cherry picking because surely are are more than just 130 studies worldwide.

as far as i'm concerned, the only study that matters would look at Canadian gun laws and Canadian crime stats. Did any of our gun laws demonstrate a correlating trend of reduced gun violence? I don't think so because that is a wet dream for the coalition for gun control. They would have the ultimate talking point.
 
Colpy
Conservative
#11053
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

reading 130 studies across the world sounds like cherry picking because surely are are more than just 130 studies worldwide.

as far as i'm concerned, the only study that matters would look at Canadian gun laws and Canadian crime stats. Did any of our gun laws demonstrate a correlating trend of reduced gun violence? I don't think so because that is a wet dream for the coalition for gun control. They would have the ultimate talking point.


Here's the gov't view.......


Spoiler: inconclusive.


https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/...dt98_4/p8.html
 
Hoid
#11054
Spoiler: 130 peer reviewed studies.
 
Colpy
Conservative
#11055
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Spoiler: 130 peer reviewed studies.


I fail to be impressed.


Did any of them address Dog Parks as a microcasm of rape culture?


Or Mein Kampf as feminist ideologyy?


https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...demic-journals


And still, the fact I disagree with some egghead moron of a sociologist, fer God's sake, does not make me a liar.


Those that disagree with you are not necessarily lying.......they just disagree.


The attitude that everyone that does not mouth the "progressive" mantra has nefarious motivations indicates the hatred the left holds for the people they claim to support. The left is dangerous to liberty. Very dangerous.
 
Hoid
#11056
Jooyoung Lee is widely regarded as Canada's leading expert on gun violence.

Now we all understand that you have google and that you are a leading expert too.

In the same sense that you are a leading expert on climate change.
 
Colpy
Conservative
+1
#11057
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Jooyoung Lee is widely regarded as Canada's leading expert on gun violence.

Now we all understand that you have google and that you are a leading expert too.

In the same sense that you are a leading expert on climate change.








Jooyoung Lee is widely regarded by idiots, fascist gun controllers, and Liberals (I know, redundant) as Canada's leading expert on gun violence.



There, FTFY.

Oh looked up your friend.........
Quote:


Jooyoung Lee is an Associate Professor of Sociology and faculty member in the Centre for the Study of the United States, which is housed within the Munk School of Global Affairs. He is also a Senior Fellow in the Yale University Urban Ethnography Project and was formerly a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health & Society Scholar at the University of Pennsylvania.
He is broadly interested in how gun violence transforms the social worlds and health of young Black men in different contexts. His first book, Blowin’ Up: Rap Dreams in South Central (University of Chicago Press, 2016), is a long-term ethnographic study of young Black men growing up in the shadows of gang violence and the glittering entertainment industries in Los Angeles . This book shows how hip hop culture shields young men from the dangers of gang violence. It also reveals the larger structural forces that inspire “existential urgency” during the transition to adulthood.
His second book, Gunshot, is an ethnographic study that traces the long-term health consequences of wounded gunshot victims across Philadelphia . He began this study in the outpatient trauma clinic at the Hospital at the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) and writes about young men who get shot in drive-by shootings, armed robberies, and other kinds of street violence. He follows these men over time to document their experiences living with chronic pain, disability, and PTSD. This study shines a light on gun violence as a major social determinant of health in urban poor Black communities.
His new work examines how murder transforms families and communities; how we can use videos to enhance research on interaction; and a collaborative SSHRC-funded study with Julian Tanner and Scot Wortley on youth experiences with guns in Toronto.


http://sociology.utoronto.ca/people/.../jooyoung-lee/


To my surprize (not) he has done much work on inner city violence in the United States, and a single study in inner city Toronto.


Here's a little hint for you, Canada is not the USA, and Toronto is not all Canada.



Dr. Gary Mauser. Look him up. He actually knows what he is talking about.
Last edited by Colpy; Feb 19th, 2019 at 04:20 PM..
 
Hoid
#11058
The review of 130 studies indicates that gun control works - as common sense would predict.

If you know of anyone who disputes this please ignore them.
 
spilledthebeer
#11059
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

that was only because many UK ships were flagged to us for the war and of course Canada commandeered all the civilian shipping for the merchant navy


POOR FOOLISH HOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!


Royal Cdn Navy operated a huge array of ships in WW2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!


An RCN minesweeper LED the U.S. fleet into Omaha Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The RCN heavy cruiser Uganda sailed with Bull Halsey and air craft carrier Enterprise to the invasion of Okinawa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And the two RCN escort carriers operated in the Atlantic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Better be careful HOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


YOUR SCURRILOUS LIE-beral anti military values are showing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
 
Colpy
Conservative
+1
#11060
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The review of 130 studies indicates that gun control works - as common sense would predict.

If you know of anyone who disputes this please ignore them.


Really.


What an incredibly stupid statement.


Gun control works? Yeah, if you want to persecute your citizens, if you want to commit genocide, if you want all power in the hands of the state, if you're a fascist, communist or some other type of tyrannical murderous looney, gun control works.


In a free society, not so much.


Like most things, it is complicated.


I have a question: Bill C-68, the Firearms Act, came into full force in January 2003..............with the completion of the registration of all firearms.


In 2003 the homicide rate in Canada began to climb, after sliding for over a decade. It rose for the next three years, before continuing its decline..........explain.



https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/...015001-eng.htm
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#11061
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Jooyoung Lee is an (award winning) Associate Professor of Sociology and faculty member at the Centre for the Study of the United States, which is housed in the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto. He is also Senior Fellow in the Yale University Urban Ethnography Project.

​He is specifically well educated in the area of gun ownership and gun violence

One the other hand you have an internet connection - and an obvious and tiresome agenda


IT IS OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals like HOID are to stupid to understand the difference between gun control and criminal control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HOID is not aware that criminals in jail DO NOT generally get access to guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thus his confusion about gun control versus CRIMINAL CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
JamesBondo
+1
#11062
10 minutes ago
spilledthebeer
This message is hidden because spilledthebeer is on your annoying ****ing idiot list.
 
MHz
#11063
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Cliffy found this meme on Fakebook and decided to post it here for no reason at all...


It's what he does..............

Not at all, you replied so for you it is 'food'. Why blame him for you being a troll??



https://wordspy.com/index.php?word=stupid-line
stupid line
n. The metaphoric threshold that separates a calculated risk from an ill-advised gamble.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#11064
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

And yet you simply CANNOT beat me in an argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!


How sad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen, you poor, pathetic, retarded Canadian child. The National Guard is not the militia. The militia is the whole of the people, bearing arms provided by themselves.

The National Guard is a creature of the government. The militia is a creature of the people.

I could provide you a hundred quotes, but why bother? You're too ****ing stupid to learn.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#11065
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Listen, you poor, pathetic, retarded Canadian child. The National Guard is not the militia. The militia is the whole of the people, bearing arms provided by themselves.
The National Guard is a creature of the government. The militia is a creature of the people.
I could provide you a hundred quotes, but why bother? You're too ****ing stupid to learn.

He's confused by the Canadian system in which the Army Reserve is the Militia (it's original name). We have no "National Guard" (i.e Provincial level soldiers).
 
Tecumsehsbones
#11066
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

He's confused

Roger that.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#11067
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Jooyoung Lee is widely regarded as Canada's leading expert on gun violence.

Now we all understand that you have google and that you are a leading expert too.

In the same sense that you are a leading expert on climate change.

Well I am widely regarded on these boards as the voice of reason and common sense and to dispute that is to dispute reality .
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#11068
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

He's confused by the Canadian system in which the Army Reserve is the Militia (it's original name). We have no "National Guard" (i.e Provincial level soldiers).

However we used to in a historical sense.
 
Hoid
#11069
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

However we used to in a historical sense.

Stick to climatology
 
JamesBondo
#11070
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Stick to climatology

Stick to trolling