Remainers still donít get it ó we want to be British and get away from Brussels

Blackleaf
+1
Lord Malloch-Brown has done us all a favour. With his pro-EU dribblings about appeasing Hitler, the silly old duffer has demonstrated that the real thickos are all on the Remain side...

TONY PARSONS Remainers still don’t get it — we want to be British and get away from Brussels

Brexit opponents and EU chiefs are trying to shut down 17.4million Brits who voted Leave with cheap insults and scare tactics and it won't work, says Tony Parsons

Comment
By Tony Parsons, Sun on Sunday columnist
Sun on Sunday
3rd June 2018

OVER the past two years, the 17.4million of us who voted to leave the European Union have got used to being insulted.

From the House of Lords to the BBC, from ex-prime ministers to indignant luvvies, the liberal establishment never tires of telling us that we are ignorant racist bigots who should never have been trusted with a vote.

Brits are proudly patriotic and no insults from Remainers will change that

Now ex-Labour minister Lord Malloch-Brown, glove puppet for billionaire George Soros’s Best For Britain campaign — which seeks to cancel the biggest vote in British history — claims that leaving the EU is like Neville Chamberlain appeasing Hitler in 1938.

Come again, M’Lud?

“When we try to, sort of, pull away from Europe’s problems and close ourselves off from them, they have a horrible habit of infecting us anyway,” Lord Malloch-Brown told the BBC.

“Appeasement in the 1930s, you name it. For centuries, Britain has ignored continental Europe events at its peril.”

Desperate... Lord Malloch-Brown has tried to belittle Brexit

As Ken Livingstone has proved, it is the sign of a desperate man who feels the need to bring up Adolf Hitler to make his point.

As 17.4million people could tell Lord Malloch-Brown, Brexit has never been about shutting ourselves off from Europe. Brexit is, above and beyond all else, a restoration of national sovereignty.

Brexit is about embracing the world and striking trade deals with emerging nations such as India and China, and re-establishing historic links with old friends including Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the US.

Why can’t they get it through their thick Remainer heads?

Britain is trying to distance itself from the EU... but wants to trade with other countries

The British are no longer happy to be a colony of Brussels.

The Best For Britain campaign is bankrolled by Hungarian-born American citizen Soros, and the billionaire financier really should be getting more for his money than the historically illiterate bleatings of Lord Malloch-Brown, who lacks the intellect to make 17.4million people change their minds.

And isn’t that the big problem with all those who campaign to castrate Brexit?

There is no real attempt to persuade.

George Soros is leading the Best For Britain campaign

There is no effort to understand who so many of us want to take back control of our borders, our economy, our destiny. And there is no RESPECT.

There are only pathetic playground insults.

Nobody on the Remain side shows any understanding of why so many millions are not happy for our proud and successful nation to remain a vassal state of the European Union.

But George Soros himself says that the EU is an “existential crisis.” And he is right.

Italy is in turmoil because joining the euro has been catastrophic for its economy.

Angela Merkel's immigration policy has proved disastrous for Germany

France has twice our unemployment rate. Angela Merkel has created social divisions that Germany will be dealing with for generations.

The Spanish Prime Minister was just kicked out on a vote of no confidence. And the East European nations will not take orders from Germany.

Every empire in history ultimately collapses. Why should the EU last for ever?

If there is any appeasement, then it is surely being done by the likes of Lord Malloch-Brown and all those craven Remainers who tug their forelock when Brussels treats our country with undisguised, sneering contempt for daring to want out.

EU chief Michael Barnier is not treating Brexit with the attention it deserves

Chief EU negotiator Michel Barnier has briefed that Brexit will be “only a footnote” at next month’s EU summit.

Only a footnote?

But we are one of the world’s major economies.

Without our £39billion divorce bill, Brussels is skint.

And yet these arrogant oafs continue to try to intimidate the UK.

It is the Remainers who patently lack the will to stand up to bullies, although I would never compare Lord Malloch-Brown to an appeaser of Nazis.

Because the crumbling EU is not Nazi Germany.

Because dragging the Nazis into the Brexit debate would be an insult to the six million who died in concentration camps.

And because the argument to leave the EU is compelling enough without bringing in Adolf Hitler.

Lord Malloch-Brown has done us all a favour. With his pro-EU dribblings about appeasing Hitler, the silly old duffer has demonstrated that the real thickos are all on the Remain side.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/643617...nt-understand/
Last edited by Blackleaf; Jun 3rd, 2018 at 06:29 AM..

Danbones
Free Thinker
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
The EU is an imposed tyrannical communist globalist nazi idea in the first place.
I would be looking at who exactly supports that idea, and I would seriously question their intelligence and their motives.

For example, Obama supported this idea big time. So did Churchill, a founder of the EU.

Blackleaf
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

The EU is an imposed tyrannical communist globalist nazi idea in the first place.
I would be looking at who exactly supports that idea, and I would seriously question their intelligence and their motives.

For example, Obama supported this idea big time. So did Churchill, a founder of the EU.

I've never understood what attracts Remainers so much to an economically sclerotic, undemocratic, corrupt superstate-in-the-making.

As for Churchill, he may have approved of a political union of European countries but he didn't want Britain to be a part of it.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Regardless of motives, there you are, stuck in a tar pit.

to be fair, we are in our own version of debt slavery here as well.

None of this is accidental.

Blackleaf
+1

Regardless of motives, there you are, stuck in a tar pit.

to be fair, we are in our own version of debt slavery here as well.

None of this is accidental.

We're leaving the tar pit at 11pm our time on Friday 29th March 2019. What a weekend that will be.

Hoid
I find it hilarious how you disparage the no side of this one and disparage the yes side of the irish abortion one.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I find it hilarious how you disparage the no side of this one and disparage the yes side of the irish abortion one.

Why?

Hoid
It's just funny to watch.

pgs
Free Thinker

It's just funny to watch.

Why , what do you think connects the two ?

Hoid
The Brexit of course is a far far less convincing win than the Irish abortion modernization.

The Irish vote was overwhelming. NO question about the public support.

The Brexit was razor thin - with a topic that only really energized one side - the leave side. The remain side supporters were far less likely to bother to vote.

Also Ireland and Scotland both voted to remain - Scotland overwhelmingly so - but they are being forced to live by Englands wishes - as usual.

Blackleaf

The Brexit of course is a far far less convincing win than the Irish abortion modernization.

So what?

Quote:

And was has it go to do with Brexit?

Quote:

The Brexit was razor thin

So what? I doubt it would be so "razor thin" were it to be held tomorrow.

Quote:

The remain side supporters were far less likely to bother to vote.

So? Not my fault Remoaners are lazy bastards.

Quote:

Also Ireland and Scotland both voted to remain - Scotland overwhelmingly so -

So what? So did Manchester. Not every part of the country can vote one way.

County Donegal was on the losing side in the Irish abortion referendum. Why not display your anger at that, too?

Quote:

but they are being forced to live by Englands wishes - as usual .

Not quite. England often has to abide by Scotland's wishes - such as when Scotland foisted a Blair Government on England in 2005.

Hoid
So what?

You are trying to argue that the Irish vote is illegitimate when it is far far more legitimate than is Brexit.

So obviously what you happen to believe in is what makes something legitimate.

That's what makes you such a hilarious prat!

gerryh

So what?

You are trying to argue that the Irish vote is illegitimate when it is far far more legitimate than is Brexit.

So obviously what you happen to believe in is what makes something legitimate.

That's what makes you such a hilarious prat!

Quote where HE has said that it's illegitimate.

What's hilarious is you having to twist or out right lie about what your "opponents" say or do.

Hoid
England and Wales voted to leave - Scotland and Ireland voted to remain.

Shouldn't it have to be unanimous?

Why would Scotland and Ireland want to be in a union where their wishes are subservient to someone else's?

(isn't that the point of Brexit? The English don't want to be in the position that the other members of the UK are in? Having their interests take second place to the EU's, the way Scotland and Ireland take second place to England?))

gerryh

Why would Scotland and Ireland want to be in a union where their wishes are subservient to someone else's?

Ireland is not part of Great Britain. Ireland is in the EU and has not voted to leave.

Great Britain, which has voted to leave, is made up of England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. This is something most of us took in geography classes in school. Unless you were one of those kids that constantly skipped and didn't give a shyte about your education, or you were brought up in the american education system that seems to think that geography begins and ends at the u.s. borders. Which was it?

Blackleaf

You are trying to argue that the Irish vote is illegitimate

Where did I say that?

Quote:

when it is far far more legitimate than is Brexit.

Don't be silly. Of course it isn't.

The United Kingdom voted Leave. THerefore the United KIngdom leaves.

Quote:

No. The rules of the referendum stated that whichever side gets the most votes wins. You can't now go trying to change the rules of British referenda just because one went the way you didn't want it to go.

Quote:

Are we talking about the UK here or the EU? It's hard to tell.

What I do know about the Scots, though, is that in 2014 they voted to stay in the United Kingdom even though they knew full well that there is going to be an EU in/out referendum. That's not the fault of the English.

Quote:

(isn't that the point of Brexit? The English don't want to be in the position that the other members of the UK are in? Having their interests take second place to the EU's, the way Scotland and Ireland take second place to England?))

Is that the same Scotland and Northern Ireland which, unlike England, have their own parliament and assembly respectively, two bodies which have only the concerns of both nations at heart?

It's not the way the Scots and Northern Irish are being treated which is scandalous. They are treated much better than the English, who don't have their own parliament and no body to discuss just English-only matters.

justlooking

The Brexit was razor thin - with a topic that only really energized one side - the leave side. The remain side supporters were far less likely to bother to vote.

Also Ireland and Scotland both voted to remain - Scotland overwhelmingly so - but they are being forced to live by Englands wishes - as usual.

It's no surprise hoidy toidy doesn't understand the difference between Ireland and Northern Ireland.

And then he wonders why he commands absolutely zero around here.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Where did I say that?

Don't be silly. Of course it isn't.

The United Kingdom voted Leave. THerefore the United KIngdom leaves.

No. The rules of the referendum stated that whichever side gets the most votes wins. You can't now go trying to change the rules of British referenda just because one went the way you didn't want it to go.

Are we talking about the UK here or the EU? It's hard to tell.

What I do know about the Scots, though, is that in 2014 they voted to stay in the United Kingdom even though they knew full well that there is going to be an EU in/out referendum. That's not the fault of the English.

Is that the same Scotland and Northern Ireland which, unlike England, have their own parliament and assembly respectively, two bodies which have only the concerns of both nations at heart?

It's not the way the Scots and Northern Irish are being treated which is scandalous. They are treated much better than the English, who don't have their own parliament and no body to discuss just English-only matters.

This is when you know you have caused a real orgasm.

You're welcome

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
"We want to be British" pretty much sums it up. The anti-EU vote was pretty much motivated by xenophobia.

darkbeaver
Republican

But it,s an evermore efficient amalgomation, pairing, breeding , inoculation of state central control with the working meat. We will be fitted with generators so that our every kilometer is matter of power production and our value will entail what we can generate into the great social grid. Your country appreciates your contribution towards building a better future for Amersia, we hope we can continue to feed you during the unfolding next grand solar minimum.

Cain,t the remainers be oppressed by ordinary violence?

Put your backs into it and you,ll get some results. Are you armed appropriately? How many surface vessels do you have?

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

"We want to be British" pretty much sums it up. The anti-EU vote was pretty much motivated by xenophobia.

What do you want the British to want to be?

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

What do you want the British to want to be?

I would very much prefer it if many of them were less racist.

Blackleaf

I would very much prefer it if many of them were less racist.

Britain is the least racist country in Europe.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

Britain is the least racist country in Europe.

And yet the presence of East European migrant workers was a major factor in the way many Brits voted.

Blackleaf

And yet the presence of East European migrant workers was a major factor in the way many Brits voted.

Still the least racist country in Europe.

And there's nothing racist in wanting a reduction in immigration and a return to controlling our own borders.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

Still the least racist country in Europe.

And there's nothing racist in wanting a reduction in immigration and a return to controlling our own borders.

A reduction in immigration? Great idea if you want to commit demographic and economic suicide. Remember, the UK's population growth rate is less than the replacement rate.

Blackleaf

A reduction in immigration? Great idea if you want to commit demographic and economic suicide. Remember, the UK's population growth rate is less than the replacement rate.

Good. The country is too crowded as it is already, placing an intolerable strain on the NHS, schools and housing.

Immigration is far too high and needs to be cut from the hundreds of thousands each year back down to the tens of thousands each year that it was before the Blair Administration opened the floodgates in the late Nineties.

We need to get out of the EU, end free movement and get back control of our own borders.

PETER HITCHENS: Like a rattlesnake, the EU can bite us long after it gets the chop

By Peter Hitchens for The Mail on Sunday
10 June 2018

We learned last week that a rattlesnake can still bite and kill you long after you have cut off its head.

The European Union is just as dangerous. I am amazed at how relaxed so many people are about leaving it.

They think it will be like some Harry Potter film where you pronounce the magic spell, and are free.

How silly. The EU has spent nearly 50 years burrowing into this country, and sucking power and wealth from us through a million tiny channels.

Its tentacles are deep into Parliament, the Civil Service, the diplomatic service, industry and commerce, universities and schools and, of course, the media, especially the BBC.

The EU is as 'dangerous as a rattlesnake' after 'sucking power and wealth' from this country, writes Peter Hitchens. Pictured is the European Commission headquarters in Brussels

So did you really think (yes, I think some of you did) that, thanks to a rather close referendum, we could just walk out, wave goodbye and start again as an independent country?

As I wrote in February 2016, in words which I nowadays find being repeated by a lot of other people: ĎYou read it first here. The EU is like the Hotel California. You can check out. But you can never leave.í

I said that a number of supposed Leavers really just wanted a renegotiation of our membership, under the guise of departure.

And Iíve been very interested, in all the mind-numbing wrangles over borders, markets and customs, that everyone has forgotten what Ė to me Ė is one of the single worst aspects of the EU.

The European Arrest Warrant, under which some magistrate in Bucharest can order a British police officer to arrest you, and which fundamentally weakens British liberty, is still going to apply here after our alleged exit.

This matters far more than the glorious freedom to import and eat American, chlorine-washed chickens, or whether we can do some supposedly luscious independent trade deal with Malaysia.

No doubt the Malaysians would be frantic to buy British goods, if there were any. But the EU has wiped out most of our home industries, so I suspect such deals would just mean importing more stuff from Malaysia.

Then thereís the M20 problem. I donít know for certain what will happen at the ports of Calais, Ostend, Antwerp and Rotterdam if we leave the Single Market.

But from what I can understand of the Ďthird countryí rule, things could be very bad.

Non-tariff barriers, myriad complex regulations which must be applied to non-EU goods under international trade law, are simply bound to delay the entry of British goods to these EU ports.

And we must also apply these regulations (again, by international law) to goods from the EU.

So what if the scare stories are right, and the M20 does turn overnight into an enormous lorry-park, backed up for miles with immobilised trucks? It seems perfectly possible to me.

Is anyone who claims that Ďno deal is better than a bad dealí prepared to give a written, personal guarantee that they will resign for ever from any public office if this is what happens?

I have been in favour of this country leaving the EU for many years, in times when plenty of todayís noisiest and most prominent Leavers were either silent on the subject or actively pro-EU.

And I think we should be very careful. Here is my nightmare, a little like what happened to Jeremy Sutcliffe in Lake Corpus Christi, Texas, who beheaded a rattlesnake with his shovel and thought he was safe.

Ten minutes later, he picked up the apparently lifeless head to throw it away, and it bit him. He nearly died. Well, what if the EU bites back after we think weíve left it? We go for a gung-ho exit, and it turns out badly, with blocked ports and an economic meltdown?

What I fear is that the massed ranks of Remainers will then demand, and get, their second referendum, and a panic-stricken British populace will vote to return.

Ah, yes, the EU smiles, you are welcome to come back, provided you now accept the euro, abolish the pound and what remains of your border controls. And so we end up worse than we started, locked and sealed in ever-closer union.

All this can still be avoided by the sensible, workable compromise Iíve urged here before and which MPs Ė if they have any wits about them Ė will support in the coming days.

Go for the Norway option. Leave the EU, get back a large measure of migration control (yes, you can, in the EEA), get rid of 75 per cent of its interference in our lives, but take no economic risks.

We may still be stuck in the Hotel California once itís done, but weíll be in the luxury suite, not in the miserable damp annexe with a view of the wheelie bins, which will be our lot if the fanatics get their way.

An archbishop preaching pure nonsense

Is the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, sick of his job? Mr Welby declares that the EU Ďhas been the greatest dream realised for human beings since the fall of the Western Roman Empire.

'It has brought peace, prosperity, compassion for the poor and weak, purpose for the aspirational and hope for all its peopleí.

What is he talking about? The EU is not Europe, but the continuation of Germany by other means. It is a rather brutal and arrogant mechanism, not necessarily bringing prosperity, as Greece has discovered in detail.

Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, pictured, says the EU has brought 'peace, prosperity and compassion for the poor and weak'

It is specifically non-Christian. One of its founding spirits, Altiero Spinelli, was a fervent communist, and it rejected calls to acknowledge the Christian roots of European civilisation in its constitution.

An Italian Christian, Rocco Buttiglione, was prevented from becoming a commissioner because of his religious opinions. Its expansionism has brought war to Yugoslavia and Ukraine, and may yet cause more violence.

Mr Welby often seems to me to be in the grip of liberal fashions in thought, poorly informed on subjects about which he pontificates, and perhaps bored by his responsibilities.

Quite possibly, he actually hopes that people like me will suggest that he finds something else to do. Happy to oblige.

PETER HITCHENS: Like a rattlesnake, the EU can bite us long after it gets the chop | Daily Mail Online

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

Good. The country is too crowded as it is already, placing an intolerable strain on the NHS, schools and housing.

Immigration is far too high and needs to be cut from the hundreds of thousands each year back down to the tens of thousands each year that it was before the Blair Administration opened the floodgates in the late Nineties.

We need to get out of the EU, end free movement and get back control of our own borders.

Perhaps you should check out the effect on Japan of an anti-immigration stance. I'll summarize it for you - stagnant group and a future catastrophic population crash.

pgs
Free Thinker

Perhaps you should check out the effect on Japan of an anti-immigration stance. I'll summarize it for you - stagnant group and a future catastrophic population crash.

But donít you think there are already to many people on earth , so why pray tell would this be a bad thing ?

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
Bill Maher Says What Democrats All Think: They Want an Economic Collapse
(just to get rid of trump?)

The ignorant stupid brain dead communist f*cks want this for YOU!

[youtube]rorZfnY8rIg[/youtube]

My gawd: the STUPIDITY!!!!