Trudeau Is Going To Bury Us In Debt


Hoid
#301
Doesn't really fit with the white natty narrative does it?
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#302
Letting their voters down by not following through with all his promises
 
Hoid
#303
The white natty narrative is that the NDP are socialists who will spend.

IN fact its the conservatives who without fail roll up the big debt.

Harper. Trump. Same lack of regard for debt.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
#304
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Doesn't really fit with the white natty narrative does it?


You should end your colour discrimination!
 
Hoid
#305
You should end your white nationalism
 
Decapoda
+4
#306
19.8 billion dollars further in defict this year. Wasn't this the year Trudeau said he would bring the buget back into balance?


Another lie.... I'm shocked.
 
DaSleeper
+4
#307
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

That would surprise the hell out of everyone - since they posted a balanced budget in February.

More bull from the bullshite master
The Canadian federal budget for fiscal year 2018–2019 was presented to the Canadian House of Commons by Finance Minister Bill Morneau on February 27, 2018. The deficit is projected to be $18.1 billion, including a $3 billion adjustment for risk.
Deficit: $18.1 billion (Projected)


Total revenue: $323.4 billion (Projected)


Total expenditures: $338.5 Billion (Projected)


Presented: February 27, 2018


Source: https://www.google.ca/search?ei=3U2R...21.T3p2tr5YvNc
 
Hoid
#308
As far as the election budget goes I see **** all in there for me.

Baby Boomers no longer matter I guess, its all about millennials and gen x and gen y.

This plan to prop up first time home buyers is ridiculous.

We have spent 10 years driiving them out of the market and now we're going to coax them back in by having CMHC assume 5% of their debt?

5%

You can gain/lose more than that in a week on the open market.

And as far as allowing a larger withdrawl from your rrsp - who even has an rrsp anymore? 20% of Canadians?

They're great if you have contribution matching but if you're putting it in there all by yourself you should give your head a shake.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
#309
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

More bull from the bullshite master
The Canadian federal budget for fiscal year 2018–2019 was presented to the Canadian House of Commons by Finance Minister Bill Morneau on February 27, 2018. The deficit is projected to be $18.1 billion, including a $3 billion adjustment for risk.
Deficit: $18.1 billion (Projected)


Total revenue: $323.4 billion (Projected)


Total expenditures: $338.5 Billion (Projected)


Presented: February 27, 2018


Source: https://www.google.ca/search?ei=3U2R...21.T3p2tr5YvNc


The asshole doesn't fool us Sleepy! It's like promising your kid $10 and giving him $1 and the rest when you can afford it.
 
Decapoda
+2
#310
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

You should end your white nationalism


The annoying, feckless little chihuahua yips away while everyone shakes their head in pitiful annoyance at his ineffectual effort.


Give up little guy, you're spinning your tires for nothing.
 
Hoid
#311
The deficit should be topping $20 billion

they are now projecting to get it down to $10 billion by 2023 or so
 
DaSleeper
+4
#312
They can project all the want since the Liberals won't be there in 2023
 
Hoid
#313
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The deficit should be topping $20 billion

they are now projecting to get it down to $10 billion by 2023 or so

The conservatives are saying they will balance it in 2 years.

That would indicate massive program cuts.

Not so popular
 
Hoid
#314
Wait a minute - up to $5000 cash rebate on zero emission cars and you can write them off in one year?

That is of interest.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#315
Finance Minister Bill Morneau's budget speec h
 
Mowich
Conservative
+2
#316
Ten things that slipped under the radar in Budget 2019

The federal government spent $250 billion on programs between April 2018 and January 2019, so it’s easy to overlook smaller dollar amounts that could be easily be dismissed by number crunchers as rounding errors. Let’s not lose the (expensive) forest for the (still costly) trees — here are 10 budget items that are worthy of note, but likely won’t make huge headlines.

Canada’s newest Canadarm: The feds announced the “Canada Reaches for the Moon and Beyond” program on a day recently when they really could have used a good news story, but instead were swamped by coverage of the SNC-Lavalin scandal. Budget 2019 confirms the Liberals hope to spend $209 million on a “smart robotic system,” and a third-generation Canadarm, that will work its magic on a future Lunar Gateway.

Millions to kill a bridge: Once the brand-new Samuel de Champlain bridge replaces its older namesake across the St. Lawrence River into Montreal, the crown corporation that manages the old span will spend $426 million over six years to destroy it.

Millions to build a new bridge: Meanwhile, a few days’ sail through the Great Lakes and into the Detroit-Windsor region, Ottawa will fund the management of the Gordie Howe International Bridge project to the tune of $157 million over the same period.

Railways to polar bears (and an Arctic port): On page 295 of the budget, a table reveals a $10 million commitment to restoring rail service to Churchill, Man., served by the Hudson Bay Railway Company (and thanks to financing provided by Export Development Canada).

Greyhound gone: In the absence of the former intercity transit giant, which ceased operations in western Canada last year, the feds will spend $15 million over three years to “allow for service to affected communities to continue where no other service provider has emerged.

INAC no more: The government already split the cabinet positions that oversee Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada. The ministers of Crown-Indigenous relations and Indigenous services will soon oversee their own ministries. The cost: $175 million over six years.

Pipe dreams: There’s now a price tag for the relaunched Trans Mountain pipeline consultations with Indigenous people. After the courts ordered the government to conduct “meaningful” conversations with communities in the expanded pipeline’s path, the government committed $55 million over two years to that end (some of which will be cost-recovered from industry).

Dubai-bound: Did you know Dubai is hosting a World Expo in 2020? The feds are planning to spend $40 million over four years to use the occasion to “showcase Canada as a destination for trade, investment, tourism and culture to a large international audience.”

Prosecutorial dependence: As the Public Prosecution Service of Canada (PPSC) asserts its independence in the wake of the SNC-Lavalin scandal, the embattled government response was to commit $89 million to the PPSC to “support the continued fulfillment of its responsibilities to carry out the prosecution of criminal offences under federal law.” There, that should fix it.

Show, not tell: On page 296, a table reveals $1.9 billion over six years the government intends to spend—but on what, the document’s authors won’t say. The only hint is the measures “would include provisions for anticipated Cabinet decisions not yet made and funding decisions related to national security, commercial sensitivity, collective bargaining and litigation issues.” Stay tuned.

www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/ten-things-that-slipped-under-the-radar-in-budget-2019/
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#317
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Wait a minute - up to $5000 cash rebate on zero emission cars and you can write them off in one year?
That is of interest.

Great if you've got lots of doh $$$$. Zero emmissions cars are VERY expensive. This is just ONE MORE TAX GRAB FOR THE RICH,for they will be the only ones to benefit from it.

"Let them drive Teslas" says millionaire morning to millionaire Trudeau.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
#318
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Ten things that slipped under the radar in Budget 2019

The federal government spent $250 billion on programs between April 2018 and January 2019, so it’s easy to overlook smaller dollar amounts that could be easily be dismissed by number crunchers as rounding errors. Let’s not lose the (expensive) forest for the (still costly) trees — here are 10 budget items that are worthy of note, but likely won’t make huge headlines.

Canada’s newest Canadarm: The feds announced the “Canada Reaches for the Moon and Beyond” program on a day recently when they really could have used a good news story, but instead were swamped by coverage of the SNC-Lavalin scandal. Budget 2019 confirms the Liberals hope to spend $209 million on a “smart robotic system,” and a third-generation Canadarm, that will work its magic on a future Lunar Gateway.

Millions to kill a bridge: Once the brand-new Samuel de Champlain bridge replaces its older namesake across the St. Lawrence River into Montreal, the crown corporation that manages the old span will spend $426 million over six years to destroy it.

Millions to build a new bridge: Meanwhile, a few days’ sail through the Great Lakes and into the Detroit-Windsor region, Ottawa will fund the management of the Gordie Howe International Bridge project to the tune of $157 million over the same period.

Railways to polar bears (and an Arctic port): On page 295 of the budget, a table reveals a $10 million commitment to restoring rail service to Churchill, Man., served by the Hudson Bay Railway Company (and thanks to financing provided by Export Development Canada).

Greyhound gone: In the absence of the former intercity transit giant, which ceased operations in western Canada last year, the feds will spend $15 million over three years to “allow for service to affected communities to continue where no other service provider has emerged.

INAC no more: The government already split the cabinet positions that oversee Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada. The ministers of Crown-Indigenous relations and Indigenous services will soon oversee their own ministries. The cost: $175 million over six years.

Pipe dreams: There’s now a price tag for the relaunched Trans Mountain pipeline consultations with Indigenous people. After the courts ordered the government to conduct “meaningful” conversations with communities in the expanded pipeline’s path, the government committed $55 million over two years to that end (some of which will be cost-recovered from industry).

Dubai-bound: Did you know Dubai is hosting a World Expo in 2020? The feds are planning to spend $40 million over four years to use the occasion to “showcase Canada as a destination for trade, investment, tourism and culture to a large international audience.”

Prosecutorial dependence: As the Public Prosecution Service of Canada (PPSC) asserts its independence in the wake of the SNC-Lavalin scandal, the embattled government response was to commit $89 million to the PPSC to “support the continued fulfillment of its responsibilities to carry out the prosecution of criminal offences under federal law.” There, that should fix it.

Show, not tell: On page 296, a table reveals $1.9 billion over six years the government intends to spend—but on what, the document’s authors won’t say. The only hint is the measures “would include provisions for anticipated Cabinet decisions not yet made and funding decisions related to national security, commercial sensitivity, collective bargaining and litigation issues.” Stay tuned.

www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/ten-things-that-slipped-under-the-radar-in-budget-2019/


I'll bet when it's all said and done, this initiative to reduce houses prices will amount to less than $1,000 by the time the house is paid for. It's bull shit. They've spent most of the day discussing this budget, when in fact it deserved about 10 minutes and the rest of the time should have been used to discuss how they are going to get Mr. Trudeau in prison for obstruction of justice.
 
Hoid
#319
The rebate and the tax advantage will make them more affordable - and they are already competitive .

There was a gas SUV at Costco last week costing $81 k
 
Hoid
#320
Liberals set aside another $500 million to fix and then replace the Harper legacy Pheonix pay system.

That will bring the tab
to $1.5 billion for a ****ing computer program.

Thank you Mr Harper
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#321
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The rebate and the tax advantage will make them more affordable - and they are already competitive .
There was a gas SUV at Costco last week costing $81 k

Bottom line Y 37k rebate 5k Hoid is almost tempted to trade in Lol
 
Mowich
Conservative
+3
#322
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I'll bet when it's all said and done, this initiative to reduce houses prices will amount to less than $1,000 by the time the house is paid for. It's bull shit. They've spent most of the day discussing this budget, when in fact it deserved about 10 minutes and the rest of the time should have been used to discuss how they are going to get Mr. Trudeau in prison for obstruction of justice.

I have no further interest in hearing about the SNC Lavalin affair until or if a full open public inquiry is announced.........and I won't be holding my breath on that possibility.

I am much more interested in that 1.9 billion in spending that the liberals refuse to explain, JLM. Pretty nice little slush-fund that.
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+4 / -1
#323
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The rebate and the tax advantage will make them more affordable - and they are already competitive .
There was a gas SUV at Costco last week costing $81 k

There are "gas cars" to be had costing a $ million.

The cheap Tesla strippers start at $65,000 and range up to about $85,000 in Canada.

Mr. Morneau wouldn't know this but most Canadians drive things like second-hand Corollas @$10-$15000 ... and they struggle to pay them off. These guys are totally out of tune with this country. They probably think that $250,000/year households are their target "Middle Class". What do you expect from muli-generational millionaires who learned all about the lives of Canadians in private schools?
 
TalkingTogheter
#324
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Thanks to LIE-berals we have enough debt and enough fertilizer to last us easily TWO HUNDRED YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Consider that if we paid out Ten billion dollars every year for the next hundred years we could end up debt free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes- pay out ten billion dollars for a CENTURY and we could clear our debts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But before that could happen we would first have to figure out what to do with the current $16 billion dollar Ontari-owe deficit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And its NO GOOD POINTING OUT that Ford has been working to reduce the debt because Wynne-bag LIE-berals signed four year contracts with the civil service union Hogs -meaning that our current deficit MUST GROW by $6 - $10 billion dollars over the next three years -to cover the gravy LIE-berals have promised the Hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Then we must figure out what to do with the federal $20 billion dollar deficit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Then figure out what to do with the New Brunswick deficit that is somewhere between $10 -$15 billion last I heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then figure out what to do with the Alberta deficit that is about $9 billion last I heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then figure out where to find $15 billion dollars to make sure that the stock of not so affordable housing in Toronto does not completely ROT AWAY in the next few years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then come up with $10 billion dollars or more to deal with collapsing storm drains and sewers and rusted out water pipe in Toronto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And it would be NICE to rip out and dispose of the MILES OF TOXIC LEAD WATER PIPE STILL IN USE AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Figure out where to find several billion dollars to deal with the DELUGE OF ILLEGALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With the bill GROWING DAILY with every new illegal arrival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Figure out how to keep tabs on an UNEMPLOYED ARMY of bored and restless and semi employed, poverty stricken Muslims that LIE-berals have UNWISELY BROUGHT HERE in defiance of public mood and desires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For those of you who feel slighted by not having your provincial and municipal debts included in my list............sorry.............I am most familiar with Ontari-owe and thus have concentrated on that province!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you LIE-berals for your gift of COLOSSAL DEBT run up thanks to your INSANE and shameless vote buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And thank you LIE-berals for the gift enough fresh, ripe, steaming, straight from the back of the BULL, organic fertilizer to keep your wretched policies growing strong for decades to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU have supplied us with enough political fertilizer to keep our debts growing NICELY for HUNDREDS OF YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that's capitalist by liberalism you went crazy.
 
Hoid
#325
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Bottom line Y 37k rebate 5k Hoid is almost tempted to trade in Lol

If I can write off $37K in the first year that makes it cheap as chips.
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+4
#326
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

If I can write off $37K in the first year that makes it cheap as chips.

Most Canadians are living from pay cheque to pay cheque. Mourneau, the privileged millionaire thinks that he's helping average Canadians but only the well-off benefit, as usual.
 
Mowich
Conservative
+3
#327
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Most Canadians are living from pay cheque to pay cheque. Mourneau, the privileged millionaire thinks that he's helping average Canadians but only the well-off benefit, as usual.


True that, CC. I had to laugh when he mentioned that millennials will now be able to pull $35,000 out of their RSPs as a down-payment on a home. If any millennial has that much socked away, I doubt they are too worried about down payments.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#328
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

As far as the election budget goes I see **** all in there for me.
Baby Boomers no longer matter I guess, its all about millennials and gen x and gen y.
This plan to prop up first time home buyers is ridiculous.
We have spent 10 years driiving them out of the market and now we're going to coax them back in by having CMHC assume 5% of their debt?
5%
You can gain/lose more than that in a week on the open market.
And as far as allowing a larger withdrawl from your rrsp - who even has an rrsp anymore? 20% of Canadians?
They're great if you have contribution matching but if you're putting it in there all by yourself you should give your head a shake.

RRSPs bring your net taxable income down so making contributions can get you a sizable tax refund. All you have to do is budget a bit and not spend like a drunken trust fund boy.
 
Hoid
+1
#329
RRSPs only get you a tax deferral.

You still pay taxes on every penny.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
#330
There's probably another interest adjustment coming in the next month or two. Even a fraction of a percent increase will wipe out any breaks Trudeau plans for new home buyers! Don't be fooled by the Asshole!