Quit Picking On Romney


gopher
No Party Affiliation
+5
#1
Our right wing forum friends are convinced Romney is going to be your next president. If so he will add much to his long set of guffaws such as the laughable bungling he has done this week.

Let's start with this gem:


Mitt Romney Embassy Attack Comments Backfire - YouTube



As right winger Noonan said, he's not helping himself very much this week.
 
Liberalman
Free Thinker
+1 / -2
#2
Mitt the Mormon who was honest and true took over the Salt Lake City Olympics from the Mormons that weren't.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
#3
At least he gives the late night comedians plenty of material to work with.
 
Walter
+1
#4
Romney's got to stop doing this.

Articles: Sounding and Acting Like Reagan, Romney Has Them Terrified
 
Tonington
+2
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Romney's got to stop doing this.

Articles: Sounding and Acting Like Reagan, Romney Has Them Terrified

If he wants to get elected, yep. The American Thinker isn't exactly a broadly appealing source for opinions.
 
Liberalman
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
#6
We have to remember that it was a Republican Supreme court judge that sided with Obama care
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+2
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

If he wants to get elected, yep. The American Thinker isn't exactly a broadly appealing source for opinions.



Oh, you mean American Stinker .
 
BaalsTears
+1
#8
I don't think much of Romney, but at least he didn't get the US ambassador to Libya killed.
 
Walter
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTears View Post

but at least he didn't get the US ambassador to Libya killed.

That's on the Bamster's and Mrs. Clinton's heads.
 
DaSleeper
+3
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTears View Post

I don't think much of Romney, but at least he didn't get the US ambassador to Libya killed.

And he didn't apologize to the mobs in the M E.
 
CDNBear
+4
#11
Couldn't the present White House reaction be construed as trying to defuse the situation, instead of escalating or exacerbating it?
 
petros
+1
#12
Send in the nutcracker.....





(5 bucks at Pricness Auto in the suprlus section)
 
Walter
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Couldn't the present White House reaction be construed as trying to defuse the situation, instead of escalating or exacerbating it?

No, it can only be construed as a cover for policy failure.
 
Tonington
+6 / -1
#14  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

No, it can only be construed as a cover for policy failure.

Which policies? The reaction of neanderthals to a film that insults their prophet is not dependent on US policy.
 
Walter
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

Which policies? The reaction of neanderthals to a film that insults their prophet is not dependent on US policy.

Another drone. The riots were and are not a response to a video.
 
Tonington
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Another drone. The riots were and are not a response to a video.

Because you say so? Yeah right. Keep drinking your neocon Koolaid Walt.
 
Locutus
+2
#17
Al-Qaeda Says Attack On U.S. Consulate In Benghazi “Revenge” For Recent Drone Killing Of Abu Yahya Al-Libi…



So it wasn’t over the Mohammed movie?
Via AFP:AL-Qaeda said the deadly attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya was in revenge for the killing of the network’s number two Sheikh Abu Yahya al-Libi, SITE Intelligence Group reported.

“The killing of Sheikh Abu Yahya only increased the enthusiasm and determination of the sons of (Libyan independence hero) Omar al-Mokhtar to take revenge upon those who attack our Prophet,” said al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula said in a statement, quoted by the US-based monitoring group.

Al-Qaida’s Yemen-based offshoot did not claim direct responsibility for Tuesday’s attack on the US consulate in Benghazi that killed the US ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens, and three other Americans.

But it stressed that “the uprising of our people in Libya, Egypt and Yemen against America and its embassies is a sign to notify the United States that its war is not directed against groups and organisations … but against the Islamic nation that has rebelled against injustice.”

The statement comes four days after al-Qaida chief Ayman al-Zawahiri issued a video eulogising Libi, his late deputy and propaganda chief who was killed in a drone strike in June.

Mohammed al-Megaryef, the head of Libya’s national assembly, said today that the attack on the US consulate in Benghazi was planned and “meticulously executed.”

Tuesday’s attack by armed men in the eastern city of Benghazi came amid a wave of protests in the Muslim world against a US-made amateur Internet film deemed insulting to the Prophet Mohammed.

Suspected Islamic militants fired on the consulate with rocket-propelled grenades and set it ablaze on the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks on the United States by al-Qaida.


Al-Qaeda Says Attack On U.S. Consulate In Benghazi “Revenge” For Recent Drone Killing Of Abu Yahya Al-Libi… | Weasel Zippers


Al-Qaida says US consulate attack 'revenge' | thetelegraph.com.au
 
DaSleeper
+2
#18
Charlie has it right.....

President Obama Like Jimmy Carter Appeasing Muslims - YouTube
 
Tonington
+3 / -1
#19
Quote:

The killing of Sheikh Abu Yahya only increased the enthusiasm and determination of the sons of (Libyan independence hero) Omar al-Mokhtar to take revenge upon those who attack our Prophet,” said al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula said in a statement, quoted by the US-based monitoring group.

To say the movie had nothing to do with it is idiotic, when every single protest out there is referring to the film. Sheikh Abu Yahya died June 4, 2012. The attack on the consulate was probably planned out this far in advance, but all of the rioting is not because of Sheikh Abu Yahya's death.

What would Romney have done differently anyways? Like everything else he is scant on details. He'd just be different. Hmm, well he does employ Bush advisers in his campaign. He'd probably invade Iran.
 
Walter
+1
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

To say the movie had nothing to do with it is idiotic, when every single protest out there is referring to the film. Sheikh Abu Yahya died June 4, 2012. The attack on the consulate was probably planned out this far in advance, but all of the rioting is not because of Sheikh Abu Yahya's death.

What would Romney have done differently anyways? Like everything else he is scant on details. He'd just be different. Hmm, well he does employ Bush advisers in his campaign. He'd probably invade Iran.

The video has been out for months and the Islamists just happen to attack the embassies and consulates on 9/11 by coincidence.
 
Tonington
+2 / -1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

The video has been out for months

It was only dubbed in Arabic in early September, and then played on Egyptian televsion on September 8th.

Don't be so dumb; read the headlines and posters those other foolish people are holding up at rallies. Your partisan filled head can't even accept reality when it smacks you in the face...

Or maybe you're going to resort to some lame conspiracy about the media protecting Obama's policies. That seems likely.

Hundreds of angry Afghans protest anti-Islam film in eastern Afghanistan - The Washington Post
Latest developments on anti-Islam film protests
THE DAILY STAR :: News :: Middle East :: Iranians protest film outside Swiss Embassy: report
UPDATE 1-Iraqi militia threatens U.S. interests over film | Reuters
Anti-American-protests-over-film-enter-4th-day- New York Times
Anti-US protests spread to 20 countries throughout Muslim world - NYPOST.com
Violence erupts at protests of anti-Muslim film - Houston Chronicle
Protests across Pakistan against "blasphemous" film
Protests against anti-Islam film in Gaza, Tel Aviv - Hindustan Times
Palestinians-protest-against-anti-Islam-film-in-east-Jerusalem-and-Gaza- The Times of Israel
Protest at US embassy in Tunisia - The Irish Times - Wed, Sep 12, 2012

Yes, the film had nothing to do with these protests. They all spontaneously popped up because of some policy of Barak Obama's Administration.

You're off your rocker Walt.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
#22
Wonder of the Middle East Riots will help or hurt Romney. Many people are not happy with the way Obama is handling this crises.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Couldn't the present White House reaction be construed as trying to defuse the situation, instead of escalating or exacerbating it?

Not if you are a rightwingnut.

I'm inclined to agree with walter. The embassy attacks were too well planned to be related to the movie. This is more like a terrorist celebration of 9/11 The movie was just an exercise to excite the ignorant masses.
 
Tonington
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Not if you are a rightwingnut.

I'm inclined to agree with walter. The embassy attacks were too well planned to be related to the movie. This is more like a terrorist celebration of 9/11 The movie was just an exercise to excite the ignorant masses.

Oh yeah, the consulate attack was surely planned. I'm not denying that. Walter is on record in a few threads though as saying the riots are not because of the film. That's bunkum. In fact it's a good idea by the fundies to stoke the hatred of the US so that there will be riots concurrent with their plan to attack the consulate. The crowd surely didn't hurt their chances of accomplishing their goal.

But, the riots have gone on for days now, against that film. They are holding up signs calling for the beheading of those who insult their religion and prophet. The two are not mutually exclusive, the planned attack and the film causing riots.
 
DaSleeper
+2
#25
Obama in 2007: The Day I'm Inaugurated Muslim Hostility Will Ease. 2012 US Embassy Protests - YouTube
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+1
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

Oh yeah, the consulate attack was surely planned. I'm not denying that. Walter is on record in a few threads though as saying the riots are not because of the film. That's bunkum. In fact it's a good idea by the fundies to stoke the hatred of the US so that there will be riots concurrent with their plan to attack the consulate. The crowd surely didn't hurt their chances of accomplishing their goal.

But, the riots have gone on for days now, against that film. They are holding up signs calling for the beheading of those who insult their religion and prophet. The two are not mutually exclusive, the planned attack and the film causing riots.

Pretty much the same ol "annoy us and we'll annoy you". Annoy them about their "prophet" so what better way for them to annoy America than by doing some violence on Sept. 11?
Kind of stupid not to understand that.
 
Just the Facts
Free Thinker
+2
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

Oh yeah, the consulate attack was surely planned. I'm not denying that. Walter is on record in a few threads though as saying the riots are not because of the film. That's bunkum. In fact it's a good idea by the fundies to stoke the hatred of the US so that there will be riots concurrent with their plan to attack the consulate. The crowd surely didn't hurt their chances of accomplishing their goal.

But, the riots have gone on for days now, against that film. They are holding up signs calling for the beheading of those who insult their religion and prophet. The two are not mutually exclusive, the planned attack and the film causing riots.

They've been rioting and demonstrating with signs saying behead those who insult islam for years. It would be a much better argument to say the riots caused the film. The film has been out a few months, the riots have been out for years.
 
Tonington
+1
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Just the Facts View Post

They've been rioting and demonstrating with signs saying behead those who insult islam for years. It would be a much better argument to say the riots caused the film. The film has been out a few months, the riots have been out for years.

How long between the film being on Egyptian television and the riots? How long has the film been available in Arabic? These protests haven't been going on continuously for years. For years, an event takes place and the protests and riots are in response, with periods of time in-between where nothing like this is happening. How can you in good faith turn the causality backwards without acknowledging the fact that these riots and protests are not in fact a daily occurrence over the last decade?
 
Walter
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

These protests haven't been going on continuously for years. For years, an event takes place and the protests and riots are in response, with periods of time in-between where nothing like this is happening. How can you in good faith turn the causality backwards without acknowledging the fact that these riots and protests are not in fact a daily occurrence over the last decade?

You weren't around in '79. Things haven't let up since. Wars don't have battles every day.
 
Just the Facts
Free Thinker
+1
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

How long between the film being on Egyptian television and the riots? How long has the film been available in Arabic? These protests haven't been going on continuously for years. For years, an event takes place and the protests and riots are in response, with periods of time in-between where nothing like this is happening. How can you in good faith turn the causality backwards without acknowledging the fact that these riots and protests are not in fact a daily occurrence over the last decade?

So, the guy who produced the film just spun a wheel and randomly came up with Islam to spoof? How can you in good faith not see a connection between the riots, protests, demands, insults, etc. etc. that have been going on for decades, and the film maker's choice of topic? You believe it was just chance that the film wasn't about Krishna, or Christ, or Buddha?
 

Similar Threads

8182
Quit picking on Obama……
by DaSleeper | 8 hours ago
15
Stop picking on Pelosi, she may cry
by ironsides | May 17th, 2010
14
Picking Fights
by Jersay | Jun 22nd, 2006