Bodyguards against bullies

Locutus
Full-time staffer assigned to watch heavily bullied boy in New Brunswick won’t help, says anti-bullying advocate

A New Brunswick school district has assigned a full-time staff person to protect a 12-year-old boy, an arrangement that appears to be a first in Canada, and one experts say will likely do more to stigmatize the victim than stop the bullying.

When other means failed to protect Dominic, who was being taunted, kicked and punched because he is gay and overweight, administrators and at L’École Samuel-de-Champlain and School District One in Saint John suggested they assign the Grade 7 student a full-time monitor who would help guide him through stressful and threatening situations at school.

His mother, Andree (the family’s last name has not been released), thought the teacher’s aide would help protect her son. Instead, he felt isolated, further targeted by his classmates and perpetually babysat.

more

Full-time staffer assigned to watch heavily bullied boy in New Brunswick won’t help, says anti-bullying advocate | News | National Post

TenPenny
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
There's a good, simple solution to bullying.

One good punch to the head.

petros
+1
When my overweight, gay brother was 13 and came home with a bloody nose, I taught him to fight. He hasn't had a problem since.

TenPenny
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

When my overweight, gay brother was 13 and came home with a bloody nose, I taught him to fight. He hasn't had a problem since.

Exactly. One unintended consequence of our pacifist/zero tolerance/anti bully system is that the bullies have more and more power over other kids, and nobody actually stops it, because all we do is talk to the bully and ask them to stop. Had a great conversation with a high school teacher about this, and he stated that the school system does nothing to stop bullying. He recounted a tale of his own, when he was 6 years old, on his way to school, a 9 year old pulled a knife, and stole his lunch money. His father pointed out that the kid would do it again, because he now knew that he could do it. So the father taught him to punch, and the next week, when the 9 year old tried it again, the 6 year old responded by knocking out one of his teeth. Problem solved, never happened again.

MHz
I want in, create the problem and the solution, win-win.

The thing that most likely stopped the fight was his petros's bro probably gave good head.

lone wolf
How long does the bullied get suspended for punching out the bully?

TenPenny
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

The thing that most likely stopped the fight was his petros's bro probably gave good head.

I'm sure you would know what that is, you likely have a lot of practice.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

I'm sure you would know what that is, you likely have a lot of practice.

Why do you think MHz is better known as f*ckface?

MHz
Cause of the scars for not complying. I doubt you gave the ability to train somebody let alone somebody overweight and perhaps not prone to being able to stand the sight of blood. When was his last fight compared to, ........ you know.

petros
He goes straight bashing every weekend.

MHz
Seriously, if a bully takes your lunch you stop bringing lunch, if it's your bike you park it a block away or something. With your diminutive mind (as verified by your last post) you probably give more bad advice than good. If you promote violence should somebody come along and clean your clock so you develop a more social friendly attitude.

petros
+1
No. You don't cave in by starving or hiding. You you beat the **** out of them or at least try.

captain morgan
+1

Seriously, if a bully takes your lunch you stop bringing lunch, if it's your bike you park it a block away or something. With your diminutive mind (as verified by your last post) you probably give more bad advice than good. If you promote violence should somebody come along and clean your clock so you develop a more social friendly attitude.

If a bully takes your lunch, bike or whatever based on the threat that they'll kick your butt - the ONLY solution is to beat them at their own game or at very least, send the message that their threat isn't effective

TenPenny
+1

Seriously, if a bully takes your lunch you stop bringing lunch, if it's your bike you park it a block away or something.

You are, apparently, a believer in being a perpetual victim.

For goodness sake, don't defend yourself, make sure you give in.

PS - I wish you'd adopt your own advice when it comes to this forum. Next time someone insults you for your moronic opinions, don't fight back, take those opinions elsewhere. See how that works?

MHz

PS - I wish you'd adopt your own advice when it comes to this forum. Next time someone insults you for your moronic opinions, don't fight back, take those opinions elsewhere. See how that works?

How about you go **** yourself. Like you could ever be a threat to me on the board or in person. (even with training from petros, lol) No time did I ever suggest exiting the area.

Don't get me wrong a defensive punch that is hard will end most physical conflicts with a 13yr old. That isn't the preferred (or only) method that solves the situation once to grow up.

For the ones in the thread that beat a woman to death they gave up their right to life as far as I'm concerned.
Last edited by MHz; Apr 18th, 2012 at 01:43 PM..

TenPenny
+1

How about you go **** yourself. Like you could ever be a threat to me on the board or in person. (even with training from petros, lol) No time did I ever suggest exiting the area.

Don't get me wrong a defensive punch that is hard will end most physical conflicts with a 13yr old. That isn't the preferred (or only) method that solves the situation once to grow up.

Apparently, you aren't capable of taking your own advice, huh? Funny about that. I'm not surprised. Many people who want everyone else to run away when challenged, aren't so quick to run away when it's their own lunch money being taken.

You could have a show on the Comedy Network, maybe called 'The mHz Guide to Rational Discourse'

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

MMA... a huge equalizer these days. One year doing this and you can hold your own against anyone. Except maybe another guy who is into MMA.

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

How long does the bullied get suspended for punching out the bully?

Back in the day in my HS it was 3 days per kid regardless of who started it and the outcome.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

MMA... a huge equalizer these days. One year doing this and you can hold your own against anyone. Except maybe another guy who is into MMA.

Or even an hour of Bas Rutten self-defense/bar fight vids. It's a start.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Or even an hour of Bas Rutten self-defense/bar fight vids. It's a start.

There is a lot of good stuff out there for REAL self-defense. No offense to those that do Karate but even the MMA fighters with black-belts cannot survive in the Cage with that alone.

Ever see clips of Russians street fighting? Holy Smoke! I think kicking someone upside their head is required learning over there.

Locutus
Yep. The Krav Maga crowd too. You do what ya gotta do.

Btw, at the risk of being expunged from Team America, I think that Chuck Norris might be a little afraid of Bas. Just a little. He may not check under his bed for him but still.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Yep. The Krav Maga crowd too. You do what ya gotta do.

Btw, at the risk of being expunged from Team America, I think that Chuck Norris might be a little afraid of Bas. Just a little. He may not check under his bed for him but still.

Don't get us all going on Chuck Norris FACTS! )

MHz

Apparently, you aren't capable of taking your own advice, huh? Funny about that. I'm not surprised. Many people who want everyone else to run away when challenged, aren't so quick to run away when it's their own lunch money being taken.

You could have a show on the Comedy Network, maybe called 'The mHz Guide to Rational Discourse'

Where did I say run away?