Research Reveals Plants Can Think, Choose & Remember

Cliffy
+1

Modern science is only beginning to catch up to the wisdom of the ancients: plants possess sentience and a rudimentary form of intelligence.

Plants are far more intelligent and capable than we given them credit. In fact, provocative research from 2010 published in Plant Signaling & Behavior proposes that since they cannot escape environmental stresses in the manner of animals, they have developed a "sophisticated, highly responsive and dynamic physiology," which includes information processes such as "biological quantum computing" and "cellular light memory" which could be described as forms of plant intelligence. Titled, " Secret life of plants: from memory to intelligence ," the study highlights one particular "super power" of plants indicative of their success as intelligent beings:
There are living trees that germinated long before Jesus Christ was born. What sort of life wisdom evolved in plants to make it possible to survive and propagate for so long a time in the same place they germinated?"

To the contrary, if we open ourselves to the possibility that we are all participants in an interconnected web of life, as many indigenous peoples believed and actually experienced things to be, destroying the natural world simply to serve the essentially suicidal infinite economic growth model will be identified for the insanity that it is. If we recognize, as biologist James Lovelock proposed, the Earth as a whole should be looked upon more like a self-regulating organisms (Gaia hypothesis), or as mycologist Paul Stamet envisions, that there is a fungi-based internet within the ground connecting all living things on the planet in an information-sharing network , we will be less likely to both perceive and to treat the natural world as "other" to be dominated.
Recognizing that plants, for instance, have consciousness, or that their simple presence in our environment has healing effects , reintroduces an element of wonder and mystery back into the experience of the natural world. A perfect example of this can be found in the singing plants of the sacred forest of Damanhur. Damanhurian researchers in the mid-70's reported using custom equipment to capture electromagnetic changes on the surface of leaves and roots and transforming them into audible signals. The researchers also observed that the plants learned to control their electrical responses, indicating they had some rudimentary awareness of the music they were creating. To learn more, watch the video documentary on GreenMedTV , or visit the Damanhur project website , celebrating its 40th anniversary this year.

petros
+3
They are like you. They don't think, they react.

You have a lot to learn about the membrane.

Curious Cdn
+3
So, remember the poor, departed soul of your weed the next time you light one up.

petros
Cliff says he doesn't smoke it.

Curious Cdn
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Cliff says he doesn't smoke it.

Tell him to stop baking with it.

petros
Go ahead.

DaSleeper
If you cut down a tree, does the one next to it feel empathy?

captain morgan
+5
#8  Top Rated Post
I for one am appalled at the hugely unethical and savage manner in which fruits and vegetables get slaughtered by the vegans out there.

Have they no heart?

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

No but it senses the turpenes of another tree in distress.

Interesting tidbit, when a giraffe eats from one acacia tree the surrounding trees will crank up the tannins making their leaves too bitter for the giraffe.

All membrane reactions. No sentient thought or emotion involved.

Danbones
The secret life of plants is what...50 years old?

I hope these repetitious clowns didn't remember all this on grant money.

petros
+1
https://www.nature.com/scitable/topi...aling-14047077

Cell Signaling
In order to respond to changes in their immediate environment, cells must be able to receive and process signals that originate outside their borders. Individual cells often receive many signals simultaneously, and they then integrate the information they receive into a unified action plan. But cells aren't just targets. They also send out messages to other cells both near and far.

Danbones
Electrons and photons can send and receive info across the universe instantly.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

So, remember the poor, departed soul of your weed the next time you light one up.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Haven't done any scientific experiment, but we got pretty good observational evidence they can post on CanCon too.

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

They may not feel empathy, DS but I did watch a doc awhile ago that showed the roots of trees reacting when their neighbors were mowed down. The roots actually drew back.......it was creepy cool.

Danbones
Resonance.

Last edited by Danbones; Apr 23rd, 2018 at 07:53 PM..

Cliffy

darkbeaver

They are like you. They don't think, they react.

You have a lot to learn about the membrane.

There,s some think in every react however.

Of course plants can,t hope to differentiate on a par with you.

For instance you wouldn,t lay on the lawn watching the trimming without some clue abourt the future of your uppermost expressions, would you?

How,s the planting goiing, you lazy backstard, shouldn,t you be looking at baby porridge by now.

It required research to determine plants can think. If you don,t think you can,t be here. Many of these plants have been thinking millions of years before we ever did, or they wouldn,t be here.

taxslave
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Ever notice how none of these save the planet types ever have to go out and work for a living?

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

I for one am appalled at the hugely unethical and savage manner in which fruits and vegetables get slaughtered by the vegans out there.

Have they no heart?

How could I survive without a heart to pump blood through my veins?

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Mother earth never accepted our presence here on earth. She smiles at our contortions with a great deal of patients.We ain,t doin so bad, hense the conversation. I think the great earth mother is well entertained by our pretensious nonsence. She,s seen it all before. The Dalai Lama is a piece of shjt however, perhaps not even that important.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

How could I survive without a heart to pump blood through my veins?

captain morgan
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Ever notice how none of these save the planet types ever have to go out and work for a living?

Yep, they got all the questions but somehow never seem to offer any answers.

Cannuck
Funny how TS and Capt know all the save the world types. They must go to the meetings

JLM
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Yep, they got all the questions but somehow never seem to offer any answers.

Ooops Sorry Cap't. I hit the wrong icon.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Funny how TS and Capt know all the save the world types. They must go to the meetings

Another totally stupid post by the forum idiot. What else would we expect?

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

You're not "the" forum idiot. You're just one of them.

petros
+2

They never mentioned the world, just the planet.

You're the forum simian.

Want a banana?
Last edited by petros; Apr 24th, 2018 at 08:29 AM..

JLM

Takes one to know one, ASSHOLE!

DaSleeper
+1

They neve mentioned the world, just the planet.

You're the forum simian.

Want a banana?

Takes one to know one, ASSHOLE!

When dealing with Cannut guys......you should remember......

And forget his hugs

they are just as dirty as he is

captain morgan
+1

Ooops Sorry Cap't. I hit the wrong icon.

Not a problem

I see that your stalker is really upset today