Al Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize

#juan
World

document.write(dateTranslator.displayLong('October 12, 2007 12:00:00 AM MDT')); Friday, October 12, 2007
Al Gore, UN agency win Nobel Peace Prize for work on global warming
Doug Mellgren, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
OSLO, Norway - Former U.S. vice-president Al Gore and the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change jointly won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for their efforts to spread awareness of man-made climate change and to lay the foundations for fighting it.
Gore, who won an Academy Award earlier this year for his film on global warming, "An Inconvenient Truth," had been widely tipped to win the prize.

http://tinyurl.com/392ee7

gerryh
Quote:

Not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was...

Toby Keith fan eh juan

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Toby Keith fan eh juan

Did he say that first? I heard it somewhere and thought it fit at the time....

Avro
Futk

Cobalt_Kid
Shows the quality of the man who should have become President in 2000. If the democratic process had been allowed to run it's course and the Supreme Court, Jeb Bush, Katherine Harris, Fox, et al hadn't been allowed to sellect the President the world would be a very different place today.

George Bush on the other hand, with Iraq, Katrina, Guantanamo Bay, CIA secret torture sites, Patriot Act, etc... has taken an early and very impressive lead in the race for the title of Asshole of the new Millenium. Way to go Georgie!!!

Curiosity
Oh boy isn't history wonderful???

That pesky Nobel - for whom the award clangs....

I'm still wrestling the knowledge that Hitler also received the award.

Oh and the dude who invented dynamite - whatta guy - gotta look up his name.. (joke eh)

And then there is Mahatma Gandhi who was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize five times between 1937 and 1948 but never won it.

Kinda makes me sit back and ponder the use of it.

Avro
Quote: Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post

Oh and the dude who invented dynamite - whatta guy - gotta look up his name.. (joke eh)

And then there is Mahatma Gandhi who was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize five times between 1937 and 1948 but never won it.

The dude that invented dynamite was Nobel and Hitler never won it.

Makes me sit back and ponder how stupid you are.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

The dude that invented dynamite was Nobel and Hitler never won it.

Makes me sit back and ponder how stupid you are.

Any reason you choose to be such an obnoxious prick to people here?

Avro
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Any reason you choose to be such an obnoxious prick to people here?

So you don't like the truth.....sorry can't help you there buddy.

#juan

Hitler did not win the award
. The link below is to a list of all winners Mahatma Gandhi could have won the award, but those who did win the award were considered no less deserving than Gandhi.

http://tinyurl.com/ngvzu

DurkaDurka

So you don't like the truth.....sorry can't help you there buddy.

Coming from you, that's quite amusing.

Avro
I imagine Curiosity learned that on Fox News.

Try to spit on the award because you don't like the current winner.

Kind of sad really.

Avro

Coming from you, that's quite amusing.

You have some proof to back that up do you?

Didn't think so.

Run along now.

DurkaDurka

I imagine Curiosity learned that on Fox News.

Try to spit on the award because you don't like the current winner.

Kind of sad really.

Your subscription to the Toronto Sun makes you some kind of scholar? haha

DurkaDurka

You have some proof to back that up do you?

Didn't think so.

Run along now.

What proof? I was commenting on you being a prick, which you are. Now you run along now, hand puppet.

Avro

Your subscription to the Toronto Sun makes you some kind of scholar? haha

I don't have a subscription nor do I buy it.

Avro

What proof? I was commenting on you being a prick, which you are. Now you run along now, hand puppet.

So what about truth was amusing then dear fellow?

Avro
Oh, I see Curiosity ran away from the lie.

DurkaDurka

So what about truth was amusing then dear fellow?

You are amusing, in a sad sort of way. I wasn't arguing whether your material was true or not, I was commenting on you being an insulting jerk to anyone you choose to reply to.

Avro

You are amusing, in a sad sort of way. I wasn't arguing whether your material was true or not, I was commenting on you being an insulting jerk to anyone you choose to reply to.

I made a comment on truth and you followed with "coming from you that is amusing". Now if you weren't implying about my comment on the truth or my truthfulness why make a statment saying just that?

Of course in all this you have made no comment on the lie spewed forth by the all knowing Curiosity who has scuried away as soon as the fib was exposed.

Cowardly at the very least.

Curiosity
Avro sorry - you are correct.

You write:
Quote:

Curiosity who has scuried away as soon as the fib was exposed.

Exposed? Hardly and that would not make me run. Actually I went out to buy a sandwich for lunch.

This has been an issue almost every year the award is up for the Literature decision - Mein Kampf - and its proponents wish to have it declared for such an award.

Hitler as the author would win posthumously - but to date he nor the book have won - yet every year the topic comes up - I should have been more specific...

Somehow I misled everyone with my incorrect phrase: won the award..... when he clearly did not.

Where did I learn it? In school. It's been a long time and I think the topic of Hitler and the Nobel prize demonstrates how strange this Award appears to be when Hitler's delusional writing comes up for its place in the sun.

I certainly didn't mean to irritate you as much as I did Avro . As to my intellect - well you are wrong...as I have been measured many times and amazingly my IQ is quite worthy.

DurkaDurka

I made a comment on truth and you followed with "coming from you that is amusing". Now if you weren't implying about my comment on the truth or my truthfulness why make a statment saying just that?

Of course in all this you have made no comment on the lie spewed forth by the all knowing Curiosity who has scuried away as soon as the fib was exposed.

Cowardly at the very least.

I said "Any reason you choose to be such an obnoxious prick to people here?"

which you followed up with:

"So you don't like the truth.....sorry can't help you there buddy."

My post had nothing to due with "the truth", once again; I was commenting on you being a dick.

If it's any consolation, I find most of your posts to be amusing.

karrie
Now that's class Curio.

I'd give you a greenie if I could, but failing that, I hope this will do.

karrie
The personal scuffle occurring in this thread needs to be brought to an end. I'd hate to have to lock the thread. Thanks.

Avro

I said "Any reason you choose to be such an obnoxious prick to people here?"

which you followed up with:

"So you don't like the truth.....sorry can't help you there buddy."

My post had nothing to due with "the truth", once again; I was commenting on you being a dick.

I say again....what does the truth have to do with me being a prick?

I'll answer fo you...nothing.

You tried to call me something you couldn't prove.

Watching you fumble and stumble over this has been quite amusing but ultimately pathetic.

....moving on.

Curiosity
I object - there is nothing wrong with this thread - Avro made a point, I was wrong - leave it.

Karrie - if this kind of monitoring is going to be the norm here, then there would be no discussion because you will turn people off in concern they may be 'cautioned'.

I found no offense in what Avro wrote - Durka made a good point that Avro could have been more diplomatic - but that is Avro.

And Karrie I appreciate your compliment very much - I hurried to get this post in before you locked it and didn't say thank you.

Avro
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

The personal scuffle occurring in this thread needs to be brought to an end. I'd hate to have to lock the thread. Thanks.

As good as done.

As long as that means an end to lies.

Avro

I object - there is nothing wrong with this thread - Avro made a point, I was wrong - leave it alone.

Hat tipped in your direction for admitting your mistake.

You are a brave soul indeed and I apologize for suggesting otherwise.

Curiosity
Thanks Avro..... and Durka too in gratitude...... over and out....

goat
Quote:

Which quite frankly is kinda sorta amazing seeing as the poor lad seldom raises his head from his dutiful cyberfellating of Margolis.

Carry on my wayward son.

Unless you are,

Masquerading as a man