Alex the Car thief Portnoy

OdinPatrick
The TopStory on the front page is "Canada ready to deport Portnoy family"

What they don't point out is that he has already been deported in the 90's, and he snuck back in illegally.
It also doesn't point out that he is from israel, hardly a refugee country. It Doesn't point out he is a criminal, to my knowledge he was convicted for stealing at least 1 car.

Talk about biased reporting here at Canadian Content

http://www.canadiancontent.net/commtr/article_799.html

Also how can there be province wide support when i just heard about him when cbc released the story a few days ago. This criminal can go back to israel.

[url]http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/12/23/refugee051223.html[url]]

Doryman
Yeah, he stole a car once. Big deal . My problem is not the fact that their sending him packing to his own country. My problem is that their sending him; a father of what? five or so children and an owner of a thriving business back , but ignoring the ex-nazi's, war criminals and terrorists running rampant around canada. Christ, take care of the real threats before you deport x-cons trying to better their families life.

FiveParadox
I do not think that stealing a car justifies deporting someone to a country where they assert they could be threatened or otherwise put in harm's way. To do that is, in my opinion, unacceptable. Unless the Government can prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that a deportation to Israel would be completely safe, then he should be permitted to remain in Canada.

OdinPatrick
He should go back to israel, they already stated he was under no threat in ISrael, that is why they deported him in the 90's.

he broke the law, if he wants to immigrate to Canada he should do it legally, but he just loves breaking the law, so i doubt that will happen.

FiveParadox
If he honestly does believe that there was a threat to his safety, then perhaps immigration to Canada through legal channels was not a viable option? Canada should more seriously be considering refugee status for this man, in my personal opinion.

Edit Post modified to assert an opinion rather than a fact.

OdinPatrick
Portnoy the lying deceiving criminal is going back where he belongs.

Thank you canada for actually not immigrating criminals, we already have enough.

[url]http://www.cbc.ca/nl/story/nf_deportation_date_20051230.html[url]

Doryman
And now we have a family split up, a mother of 5 being hunted by the cops and continuing to hide in a church basement, and two children who will eventually be forced to be wards of the state. Not too long ago we had a productive, peaceful family. Yes, thank you Canada!!

By the way, I find it interesting that the cops nabbed Portnoy while he was driving from Grand Bank to collect clothes for a charity, like he did every week or so. Good thing we got this monster out of our midst.

OdinPatrick
His family can join him in Israel anytime they want.

Canada did not break up his family, he did by breaking two laws. First stealing a car, then sneaking back in after he was deported.

missile
Hm! Nabbing a car thief while he was driving..seems like a good judgement call on the police's part.

#juan
Doryman wrote:
Quote:

but ignoring the ex-nazi's, war criminals and terrorists running rampant around canada. Christ, take care of the real threats before you deport x-cons trying to better their families life.

What absolute garbage. Have you any idea how old any serious "ex-nazis" would be? I haven't seen any ex-nazis or "terrorists" running rampant lately, have you? I see nothing wrong with deporting someone, not a Canadian citizen, who is a car thief.

Doryman
What absolute garbage. Have you any idea how old any serious "ex-nazis" would be? I haven't seen any ex-nazis or "terrorists" running rampant lately, have you? I see nothing wrong with deporting someone, not a Canadian citizen, who is a car thief.[/quote]

I was talking about Canada's track record there, we were revealed to have some ex-nazi's who slipped through the cracks. And you don't see any terrorists?!? How about the Khadr's? I'd say going to a terrorist training camps is more a cause for deportation than a crime committed in another country. But nope, it's not PC to deport Khadr's. That makes you a Ne0-con Bushite.

How about the other guy, Sami Kahil, who was wondering why he was on a US no-fly list the other day. He blamed racism and anti-islamic tendencies in the west for his perdicament. And oh yeah, he just remembered he was a member of Hezbollah!!! maybe that was it. Why isn't he gone?

Or the illegal immigrant jamaican gang-bangers that are shooting up Toronto... Of course, once they gun someone down we can't deport them.. noo we have to get to "the root of the problem" to solve that. Maybe get them a spot on Oprah and a record deal...

I'm not saying that we have no grounds to deport Portnoy. I'm saying that it makes little sense to hunt down this guy while we're completely ignoring the Khadr's, Jamaican gangsters Hezbollah members, and, oh yeah, Tamil Tigers in our country. He's a car thief, yes, but I find that less despicable than being a terrorist, terrorist recruiter, or drug dealing gangbanger. Canada's values are a little screwed up.

Newsflash!! Just heard they're deporting another family out of St. John's. A family that owns their house, but will get no money from selling it once the gov seizes it. The dad's working a master craftsmen and get this, the son's applying to join either the RCMP or the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary! Good thing we caught these scumbag foreigners in time!!!