Is the world starting to turn against Bill Cosby?

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Nothing to do with you boomster. I like most of Mark Twains quotes. I don't have much to say concerning the topic.

Really you think I was insulted giving you a middle finger from, well Mr. Rogers.

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Really you think I was insulted giving you a middle finger from, well Mr. Rogers.

okie dokie

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

So a black man with a long history of supporting black causes, including multi-million dollar donations to HBCUs, calling on black people to be more responsible, is bashing?

What next? Will Cosby be a racist as well as a rapist?

Maybe he doesn't like White people.

Can't imagine why.

JLM

Well for one, if I were him lets say, at his age..

1. I wouldn't waste my time giving these b*tches the publicity they want and continue to hound for.

2. I would move my money offshore to Belize, Barbados, Panama or some country warm.

3. I would sell off anything I have in the USA and move.

4. I would give my middle finger to the media wh*res and enjoy retirement.

There are plenty of folks who will pay to see him in Canada and other countries, and give him a standing ovation.

How do you dismiss the part back about 2002, where Cosby admitted to obtaining drugs to feed young girls for sex?

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

How do you dismiss the part back about 2002, where Cosby admitted to obtaining drugs to feed young girls for sex?

...and many girls admitted they requested the drugs to mix with bozz.

They admitted to not forcibly taking the drugs, and also coming back for more on other occasions and well as getting paid.

Today they have a word for that, prostitute, wh*re, sl*t.. which kind'a sums up my opinion of them.. money hungry lying wh*res.

You can't change a zebra's stripes, no matter how much money you toss at them. Trust me, I've dated a few strippers.. well more than a few.

JLM
[QUOTE=B00Mer;2133856

Today they have a word for that, prostitute, wh*re, sl*t.. [/QUOTE]

And Ladies of the evening and courtesans! The Vancouver police have been accused of considering them in terms you described which some feel is the reason why there are so many that are missing or murdered. They are people too, they laugh, they cry, they hurt they bleed, not to mention there are people who love them.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+3
It really is sad to hear how this has turned out.

Cosby broke a lot of barriers, was loved by many (not just the right as alleged by Gopher; sheesh Gopher).

I watched Fat Albert as a kid, remembered the Uptown Saturday Night movies with Sidney Poitier and Mother, Jugs and Speed with: Raquel Welch and Harvey Keitel. But most of all I loved Cosby for his standup. From the Chickenheart to talking about kids.

I guess my question is: Why? Cosby could have had pretty much any woman he wanted.

What a damn shame, and what a way to sabotage a lifetime of of achievement.

grumpydigger
+1
Why? Cosby could have had pretty much any woman he wanted

Because what Cosby did had to do with power and control over the women.

He believed he was superior to everyone
the sign of a psychopath.

I've always believed that the more self-righteous someone puts himself forth as being

The more skeletons in their closets they are hiding

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by grumpydigger View Post

I've always believed that the more self-righteous someone puts himself forth as being

I think, if anything Bill Cosby turned against Bill Cosby!

#juan

Bill Cosby was reasonably good looking and he had lots of money. Those assets would have got him a lot of women when he was young. As he got older, I'm sure the choices thinned out........as did his good judgment.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

the choices thinned out........as did his good judgment.

Whatever good judgment he had in the first place!

grumpydigger
He was doing this, in the 60s when he was young and supposedly good-looking.

Drugging women for sex, is about power and control.

My guess is, a intelligent beautiful businesswoman with a mind of her own, always scared the hell out of him.
They had to be incapacitated or completely passed out for him to feel like a man.

coldstream
The type of sex... with comatose teenage starlets.. vulnerable, usually white.. indicates a deeply disturbed personality disorder.. with obsessions of contol and pathological insecurity.

Let's face it, for a successful good looking young man who likely could have consensual sex with scores of young actresses in the heady days of the sexual revolution of the 60s and 70s.. this sounds like it would be about as much fun as having sex with one of those inflatable life size dolls. Pretty sick stuff.

The sad thing is his positive message to the black community.. especially young black men in being responsible in sexual behaviour, in forming families and becoming real fathers.. the absense of which is a crisis of monumental proportion in the black inner cities.. has been totally derailed by his hypocrisy and criminal behaviour.
Last edited by coldstream; Jul 11th, 2015 at 01:15 PM..

JLM

He was doing this, in the 60s when he was young and supposedly good-looking.

Drugging women for sex, is about power and control.

My guess is, a intelligent beautiful businesswoman with a mind of her own, always scared the hell out of him.
They had to be incapacitated or completely passed out for him to feel like a man.

I agree, when it comes to ethics, morals, character, most people don't turn 180 at mid life....................I don't think!

Machjo
+1

...and many girls admitted they requested the drugs to mix with bozz.

They admitted to not forcibly taking the drugs, and also coming back for more on other occasions and well as getting paid.

Today they have a word for that, prostitute, wh*re, sl*t.. which kind'a sums up my opinion of them.. money hungry lying wh*res.

You can't change a zebra's stripes, no matter how much money you toss at them. Trust me, I've dated a few strippers.. well more than a few.

How ironic. I would never pay for sex, yet even I would not call them *****s, just wrong and misguided. Considering that you do pay for it, I would have thought you would have been more respectful in your wording than I am.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Machjo View Post

How ironic. I would never pay for sex, yet even I would not call them *****s, just wrong and misguided. Considering that you do pay for it, I would have thought you would have been more respectful in your wording than I am.

I would say!

spaminator
Bill Cosby reveals himself to be a true scoundrel

By Michele Mandel , Toronto Sun First posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 09:29 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:49 PM EDT
TORONTO - Whatever still clung of the genial old Dr. Huxtable we once knew, the true scoundrel that is Bill Cosby is now revealed.

The embattled star stands in the centre of a maelstrom of controversy, his reputation ruined after dozens of women have come forward to allege that he drugged and abused them over the last four decades. Ever the comedian, he’s tried to laugh them all off, calling them liars and money-grubbing opportunists, determined to cling to what’s left of the fatherly image he had so carefully crafted.

But how the leopard shows his spots.

No matter the varnish of celebrity, the veneer of respectability, Cosby has revealed his nasty nature with his vicious attempt to punish his first accuser, Pickering native Andrea Constand, for refusing to lie down and play dead as she was supposed to.

Now he says she should be “sanctioned” by the courts and hints that if she wants to void their decade-old confidentiality agreement, then she should be forced to give back the hush money she was paid.

Instead, he accused her of wanting to “have her cake and eat it too.”

A former star athlete, Constand worked with women’s basketball at Philadelphia’s Temple University, Cosby’s beloved alma mater. She thought of him as her mentor but their friendship abruptly ended after she accused him of drugging and molesting her at his home.

After prosecutors refused to lay criminal charges, she sued him in civil court, alleging that shortly after Cosby gave her “three blue pills” of “herbal medication” for stress during a visit to his Philadelphia mansion in January 2004, her “knees began to shake, her limbs felt immobile, she felt dizzy and weak, and she began to feel only barely conscious.”

In her lawsuit, she claimed Cosby drugged and molested her and then “maliciously and wickedly” defamed her after she complained to police. He has denied all wrongdoing. After she threatened to bring other witnesses forward with similar stories and after both testified under oath, they reached a confidential settlement in 2006.

Constand has kept quiet ever since.

This month, as the number of alleged victims continued to grow, a judge agreed to a request by the Associated Press to unseal portions of Cosby’s 2005 deposition in Constand’s lawsuit. The public had a right to see “the stark contrast between Bill Cosby, the public moralist, and Bill Cosby, the subject of serious allegations concerning improper (and perhaps criminal) conduct,” ruled U.S. District Judge Eduardo Robreno.

The excerpts included Cosby’s shocking admission that he used Quaaludes during his extramarital encounters with young women and had given the powerful sedative to at least one woman and “other people.” Cosby has maintained that he has never given the drug without his partner’s consent.

The explosive testimony from a decade ago was seized on by his many accusers as proof their accounts of date rape are true. Constand maintained her dignified silence, as she is contracted to do, but asked the court to lift her gag order because she has “come to the realization that she once again must defend herself in the forum chosen by the defendant.”

When reached by the Sun’s Joe Warmington, the registered massage therapist declined comment on Cosby, later apologizing for her reticence. “I know I did not give you much of a story and yet there is so much more to say,” she admitted.

Those cryptic few words were enough to unleash Cosby’s clawing talons.

In papers filed with the court Tuesday to fight her attempts to lift the confidentiality agreement, his lawyers claim Constand is trying to “resume her campaign against (Cosby) in the court of public opinion” and broke the terms of their settlement by talking to the Sun about her “heavy ordeal involving Bill Cosby” — a phrase actually used by Warmington, and not Constand.

And just in case she hasn’t suffered enough, the former pudding pop pitchman publicly attacked her calling her a blatant gold digger.

“Tellingly, (Constand) does not seek to void the entire Settlement Agreement; obviously she wants to keep what she was paid,” Cosby claims. “Obviously the ‘heart’ of (her) bargain was not secrecy, but rather the receipt of money, which she still has.”

What a nasty, nasty man.

Read Mandel Wednesday through Saturday.

michele.mandel@sunmedia.ca
Andrea Constand in Toronto on July 7, 2015. (Dave Thomas/Toronto Sun)

Bill Cosby reveals himself to be a true scoundrel | Mandel | Toronto & GTA | New

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Bill Cosby reveals himself to be a true scoundrel

By Michele Mandel , Toronto Sun First posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 09:29 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:49 PM EDT
TORONTO - Whatever still clung of the genial old Dr. Huxtable we once knew, the true scoundrel that is Bill Cosby is now revealed.

The embattled star stands in the centre of a maelstrom of controversy, his reputation ruined after dozens of women have come forward to allege that he drugged and abused them over the last four decades. Ever the comedian, he’s tried to laugh them all off, calling them liars and money-grubbing opportunists, determined to cling to what’s left of the fatherly image he had so carefully crafted.

Bill Cosby reveals himself to be a true scoundrel | Mandel | Toronto & GTA | New

"Never say never" but methinks it's a little beyond "starting"!

gopher
more alleged victims come forward:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2304903

There was the disoriented and drugged woman who said Bill Cosby put his forearm under her throat after she revealed to hotel staff she was 19 and staying with the superstar.

There was the woman who couldn’t form words as the star of “The Cosby Show” leered at her and her unconscious friend with “a very predatory look on his face.”

And there was the woman who thought she was one of Cosby’s best friends — until she woke up naked after he plied her with medicine for a “headache.”

Those are the stunning stories of three of 35 women who told New York magazine they were assaulted by the disgraced cultural icon once called "America's Dad."

damngrumpy
+1
Never did like him didn't think his comedy was funny either now it turns out
he was a nasty disgusting person by his own admission

spaminator
Bill Cosby's accusers explicitly detail alleged attacks in magazine feature
By Julia Alexander , Postmedia Network
First posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 10:22 PM EDT | Updated: Sunday, July 26, 2015 10:46 PM EDT
They spoke and they were ignored. They spoke again, and they were ignored.
But something made them speak up one more time, and finally, they were heard.
In an astonishing piece published Sunday night by New York Magazine , 35 brave women who have come forward to accuse comedian Bill Cosby of decades-long alleged sexual assaults, revealed explicit details of each individual encounter.
The profiling piece, which perhaps provided a cathartic medium for their experiences to be heard by millions of people, runs over 3,000 words. Collected below are a few of the more eye-opening testimonies.
“The door opens, and there stands Cosby. He’s in his sweats and very casual, very friendly. I had a monologue prepared. He seemed unimpressed. He said, ‘Let’s try a cold read,’ so he pulls out a script. The scene was set in a bar; the character was someone who was inebriated. He poured a glass of white wine. And he said, use this as a prop — now, that means you’re going to have to sip on it, of course. I really don’t remember much, except waking up in his bedroom. He was naked, and he was forcing himself into my mouth.” -Heidi Thomas, 55. Alleged assault occurred in 1984.
“I sat down, and lay my head back, just fighting nausea. I looked around and he was sitting next to my roommate on the love seat with this very predatory look on his face. She was completely unconscious. I could hear the words in my head, but I couldn’t form words with my mouth, because I was so drugged out. He got up and came over, and he sat down and unzipped his fly. He had me give him oral sex, and then he stood me up, turned me over, did me doggy style, and walked out. Just as he got to the door, I said, ‘How do we get out of here, how do we get home?’ And he said, ‘Call a cab.’” -Victoria Valentino, 72. Alleged assault took place in 1969.
I felt like a prisoner; I felt I was kidnapped and hiding in plain sight. I could have walked down any street of Manhattan at any time and said, ‘I’m being raped and drugged by Bill Cosby,’ but who the hell would have believed me? Nobody, nobody.” -Barbara Bowman, 48. Alleged assaults took place between 1985 and 1987.
Bill Cosby's accusers explicitly detail alleged attacks in magazine feature | Ce

Locutus
Charles AdlerVerified account ‏@charlesadler

America's Dad now America's Rapist. Most public people die long before their images see this level of destruction

JLM
Now, he is f**Ked!

Curious Cdn
+1
Everyone has their foibles and every celeb has their secret weaknesses. Being a serial rapist, though, drugging and raping dozens of women should land him in a penitentiary for just about ever if their system actually works.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Everyone has their foibles and every celeb has their secret weaknesses. Being a serial rapist, though, drugging and raping dozens of women should land him in a penitentiary for just about ever if their system actually works.

I'd like to say "innocent until proven guilty" but 35 women is almost as convincing as 40 million Frenchmen!

Kreskin
+1
The world might be turning on Cosby.

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I'd like to say "innocent until proven guilty" but 35 women is almost as convincing as 40 million Frenchmen!

Those are the thirty five who are brave enough to go public like this. Indications are that there are far more victims than that. Yes, he is innocent until proven guilty but it seems that these allegations have come up before and Cosby had bought his way free. That two tiered "justice system" gives the rich and famous the upper hand over the poor and anonymous. Where are the State procecutors? Is there some statute of limitations at work in the US that is going to let him go free in most of these cases?

gopher
"America's # 1 dad"

nice marketing but, as usual, the public moralist has skeletons in the closet - that's an old theme in USA social politics which is why I always recommend Howe's novel Story of a Country Town:

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/47575

Please, please read this unforgettable book.

Walter
Bill Cosby = Bill Clinton with regards on how they treat women.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Bill Cosby = Bill Clinton with regards on how they treat women.

Well.................................maybe Clinton was only trolling!