Obama says anti-terror 'buck' stops with him

vinod1975
President Barack Obama declared Thursday "the buck stops with me" for the nation's security, taking responsibility for failures that led to the near-disastrous Christmas attack on a Detroit-bound airliner and vowing the problems would be corrected. He said the lapses were widespread but suggested no officials would be fired. ---------------------- -----------------------------------------------As my view is it was totally a security laps country like US which is known for their all Hitech gadgets should not have this happens

Mowich
Cheers to you too, Vinod.

Obama had little choice but to step up and take the 'blame'. He has mentioned many times before that the 'buck stops with him.' I respect him for doing so while at the same time realizing that he was not the person directly responsible for this lapse of security. He is however, responsible for choosing the person in charge of security. He has to start making better choices when appointing someone to a department or office. He has made some that are questionable at best, IMHO.

vinod1975
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Cheers to you too, Vinod.

Obama had little choice but to step up and take the 'blame'. He has mentioned many times before that the 'buck stops with him.' I respect him for doing so while at the same time realizing that he was not the person directly responsible for this lapse of security. He is however, responsible for choosing the person in charge of security. He has to start making better choices when appointing someone to a department or office. He has made some that are questionable at best, IMHO.

100% agreed with your view and yes that was his indirect mistake by choosing the incorrect person and I also respect him from my heart as I am one of the follower and fan his on all social networking sites

Mowich
I don't go quite that far in my support of the Pres, vinod. I do follow his policy decisions fairly closely, most especially those that may affect the Agriculture and Food Industry. I joined the White House website and they send me updates of his speeches, which is cool.

gopher
Too bad Bush did not take the same responsibility for 9/11.

vinod1975
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

If you cant take responsibility you are not the RIGHT PERSON, A PRESIDENT cant be blame but has to take charge/control and responsibility and not washing hands

darkbeaver
Ultimately the responsibility resides at the end of rope. A message brought to you by the Hemp Association of America.

Avro
Refreshing to see a politician take the blame for something.

Mowich

Cheney would never allow his lap-dog Bush to do such a thing.

YukonJack
Like I said on another thread, the Obama-worshippers will blame everything on Bush (and Cheney) until 2012, and if this unqualified punk lucks out and wins a second term, until 2016.

ironsides
Editorial Cartoon by Nick Anderson

AAEC - Political Cartoon by Nick Anderson, Houston Chronicle - 12/29/2009

gopher
''A PRESIDENT cant be blame ''

Bush lovers always find a way to blame Obama for the mess their hero created.

EagleSmack

''A PRESIDENT cant be blame ''

Bush lovers always find a way to blame Obama for the mess their hero created.

The stuff he promised to fix?

vinod1975
Yes Agreed with most of the comments here

ironsides
They are Obama's problems now, and so far no change. Just new faces doing same ole, same ole.

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by vinod1975 View Post

As my view is it was totally a security laps country like US which is known for their all Hitech gadgets should not have this happens

We rely far too much on technology. There aren't many high tech solutions to low tech tactics.

bobnoorduyn

Taking responsibily, in this sense, does little to put the geenie back. Ultimate responsibility lies at the feet of radical Islam, nowhere else.

wulfie68
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduyn View Post

Taking responsibily, in this sense, does little to put the geenie back. Ultimate responsibility lies at the feet of radical Islam, nowhere else.

In one sense you're correct but the responsibility for addressing or in this case failing to address issues correctly belongs to the government elected to preside over them. I'm not going to argue that its not the "same 'ole, same 'ole" but at least Obama is recognizing that it IS his responsibility, thus hinting at a sense of accountibility that was lacking in the Bush Administration, where finding someone partisan to blame seemed (at times) to be a higher priority than making things right.

Its like an old boss of mine used to say "you can delegate authority but not responsibilty". Too many people in high places (public and rivate sectors) tend to forget or ignore this; maybe Obama hasn't completely...

vinod1975
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68 View Post

In one sense you're correct but the responsibility for addressing or in this case failing to address issues correctly belongs to the government elected to preside over them. I'm not going to argue that its not the "same 'ole, same 'ole" but at least Obama is recognizing that it IS his responsibility, thus hinting at a sense of accountibility that was lacking in the Bush Administration, where finding someone partisan to blame seemed (at times) to be a higher priority than making things right.

Its like an old boss of mine used to say "you can delegate authority but not responsibilty". Too many people in high places (public and rivate sectors) tend to forget or ignore this; maybe Obama hasn't completely...

Under stood your comments but You can delegate is not understandable

gopher
''The stuff he promised to fix?''

Perhaps if the Pukes did not engage in so much obstructionism some of that mess could have been fixed by now.

gopher
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduyn View Post

I would agree but only if you include their sponsors.

vinod1975

I would agree but only if you include their sponsors.

That was very scary picture

gopher
Whether anyone likes it or not, no one in history has sponsored more terrorism world wide, whether it be in the Middle East or in Central America or where ever than did Reagan. This is a fact for which I posted numerous links on this forum over the years. To this day, not one person here has ever refuted that fact.

petros

Whether anyone likes it or not, no one in history has sponsored more terrorism world wide, whether it be in the Middle East or in Central America or where ever than did Reagan. This is a fact for which I posted numerous links on this forum over the years. To this day, not one person here has ever refuted that fact.

The School of the America was highly successful in training and insert puppet dictators.

I find it odd that no one has mentioned anything about the US air strikes and heavy weight bombings over the past few months in Yemen

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsides View Post

They are Obama's problems now, and so far no change. Just new faces doing same ole, same ole.

Did you really think there would be? It doesn't matter who it is, or whose flag you wave, unless there's bullets flying close, nothing's made for change.

vinod1975

Even cant do that

wulfie68

Under stood your comments but You can delegate is not understandable

Positions of power come with both authority to do the required job and the responsibility to see that the job is done correctly. A person in such a position can delegate their authority to an underling/lieutenant/person that works for them to ensure the job is done but the ultimate responsibility still rests on the person in the power position, even if it is their subordinate who screws up, because they empowered the subordinate.

ironsides

President Barack Obama declared Thursday "the buck stops with me" for the nation's security, taking responsibility for failures that led to the near-disastrous Christmas attack on a Detroit-bound airliner and vowing the problems would be corrected. He said the lapses were widespread but suggested no officials would be fired. ---------------------- -----------------------------------------------As my view is it was totally a security laps country like US which is known for their all Hitech gadgets should not have this happens

A good simple old pat down would have found it. Plus it happened in Holland, not the U.S.

EagleSmack

''The stuff he promised to fix?''

Perhaps if the Pukes did not engage in so much obstructionism some of that mess could have been fixed by now.

There should not be an issue with the GOP as they own both houses and the Executive office. They have the majority.

Could it be that the Democrats aren't to keen on the President's plan? It seems that the Dems had to bribe their own members with pork projects to get them to sign on to anything.

No no Gopher... if Obama fails it is because of himself and the Democrat controlled congress.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

The School of the America was highly successful in training and insert puppet dictators.

Nah, But they were good in training Death Squads.

Quote:

I find it odd that no one has mentioned anything about the US air strikes and heavy weight bombings over the past few months in Yemen

Define "heavy weight bombings". Like B-52 strikes?