Swiss voters overwhelmingly reject basic income plan


B00Mer
#1
Swiss voters overwhelmingly reject basic income plan



Swiss voters overwhelmingly rejected a proposal that would have guaranteed everyone in the Alpine nation an unconditional basic income, according to projections published Sunday by public broadcaster SRF1. The idea has also been floated in Canada.

Swiss voters overwhelmingly reject proposal for unconditional basic income - Business - CBC News

..............................

Wasn't Ontario trying the same crap..

...
..
.
 
captain morgan
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
The only way that this program will work is if there are ceilings on the basics (rent, food, etc)... The plan is flawed by virtue that the taxes needed to sustain the program result in prices increasing, let alone the taxes on income... This in turn leads to pressure for higher wages, that also pushes the cost of living higher.

The ideal behind the program is fantasy at best
 
mentalfloss
#3
Not enough research or education on the subject.

This is a policy that probably wouldn't get adopted for another 20 years anyway.
 
lone wolf
#4
So ... if the only job qualification is a life of crime and the only work is robbery, that's cool?
 
mentalfloss
#5
And if munchkins jumped on bumpkins would we get dumpkins?
 
lone wolf
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

And if munchkins jumped on bumpkins would we get dumpkins?

Dunno.... Sounds like your med cart's a bit late. Ya'd think with all that pedigree and shyte....
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

And if munchkins jumped on bumpkins would we get dumpkins?

That makes as much sense as everything else you have posted here.
 
Angstrom
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Not enough research or education on the subject.

What about controlled inflation? This would create exactly the same thing as controlled inflation. Something we have a lot of information and data about.

Here is a clue. Initially it would create a rise in the demand of products and services. From there a few possibilities.

Opportunities for businesses to grow and expand, & opportunity to offer same amount of products & services at a higher cost,
 
mentalfloss
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Dunno.... Sounds like your med cart's a bit late. Ya'd think with all that pedigree and shyte....

Just mimicking your post which didn't make any sense either.
 
lone wolf
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Just mimicking your post which didn't make any sense either.

Perhaps if you'd get your head out of Wynne's a*s.

The crime occupation should have registered, seeing as it's your hero's modus operandi. Would you prefer street starvation and death camps - like your mug slug?
 
MHz
#11
$2,500?? Just what it cost me to sit on the couch all year, great. How about $25K and repayment starts if you make more than $50K/yr
 
WLDB
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

What about controlled inflation? This would create exactly the same thing as controlled inflation. Something we have a lot of information and data about.
,

That would be interesting but I doubt anyone is going to try it anytime soon.
 
Angstrom
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

That would be interesting but I doubt anyone is going to try it anytime soon.

It's been happening sinse the last Great Depression with political "action plans" for the last 90 years.
This new plan simply gives you money without even forcing anyone to help in building infrastructure like roads as exchange for the money.

Money is a IOU for a good and service given. Giving away money in exchange for no goods or services , doesn't inspire value for your IOU.
 
mentalfloss
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Perhaps if you'd get your head out of Wynne's a*s.

The crime occupation should have registered, seeing as it's your hero's modus operandi. Would you prefer street starvation and death camps - like your mug slug?

Listen to you.

Seriously, just listen to you.
 
Johnnny
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

The only way that this program will work is if there are ceilings on the basics (rent, food, etc)... The plan is flawed by virtue that the taxes needed to sustain the program result in prices increasing, let alone the taxes on income... This in turn leads to pressure for higher wages, that also pushes the cost of living higher.

The ideal behind the program is fantasy at best

I talked about this before in another thread i said the same thing and i was told that it wouldn't raise taxes.
 
Angstrom
#16
if I give you a IOU for absolutely no services and no product. What do IOU?

Nothing that's what IOU, because you gave me nothing.

If I give you a IOU for saving my life, Then IOU my life.

It's very simple yet hard to understand.
 
lone wolf
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Listen to you.

Seriously, just listen to you.

Too coherent for you? Maybe the reality's reached out to that vacant space you occupy?
 
Angstrom
#18
Saving my life is worth 1000000000000000IOU's if the government gives IOU, s to everyone for nothing.
 
mentalfloss
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Too coherent for you? Maybe the reality's reached out to that vacant space you occupy?

You're losing it lol
 
lone wolf
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

You're losing it lol


I've never voted Liberal in my life ... well, except for the time Paddy bought me a membership so I could vote for him to be the candidate ... and Paddy always threw the best parties....
Last edited by lone wolf; Jun 6th, 2016 at 07:35 PM..
 
pgs
#21
Of course they did , even the idiots know that someone has to work .

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

The only way that this program will work is if there are ceilings on the basics (rent, food, etc)... The plan is flawed by virtue that the taxes needed to sustain the program result in prices increasing, let alone the taxes on income... This in turn leads to pressure for higher wages, that also pushes the cost of living higher.

The ideal behind the program is fantasy at best

Communism at worst .
 
captain morgan
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

I talked about this before in another thread i said the same thing and i was told that it wouldn't raise taxes.

The cash has to come from somewhere and in this case, it's those that are working.

We are seeing a total collapse in Venezuela and places like France aren't far behind. What they both have in common is that gvt is attempting to force unrealistic economic principles onto their societies.

It ain't working there, so it baffles the mind as to why it would work here.
 
Jinentonix
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

The cash has to come from somewhere and in this case, it's those that are working.

We are seeing a total collapse in Venezuela and places like France aren't far behind. What they both have in common is that gvt is attempting to force unrealistic economic principles onto their societies.

It ain't working there, so it baffles the mind as to why it would work here.

You ever notice how the leftards always like to point out how our Conservative govts like to copy failed US policies? And yet our Liberals seem to have a penchant for copying failed European policies.
In the Eurozone, "green energy" policies are being recognized for the failure that they are. In Canada, Ontario specifically, the govt has decided to double down on them instead. Which wouldn't be so bad if they only used their own money!!
Ripping off the taxpayer to fund failed ideals so the money can go to corporate cronies is theft, pure and simple. It's theft when the Conservatives do it and it's theft when the Liberals do it. There's no ideological free-pass, except from the partisan twits who engage in some incredible mental gymnastics to justify what their dear leader is doing.
 

Similar Threads

478
A basic income for all
by gore0bsessed | Feb 3rd, 2018
53