Christian evangelists claim Starbucks fanned 'war on Christmas' ...

Twila
...with minimalist holiday red coffee cups

Snowflakes, doves and trees are out and minimalism is in for Starbuck’s signature holiday cups — to the dismay of Christian evangelists.

The coffee chain’s seasonal designs are remixed each year, but this year’s tri-color tone of red, green and white has apparently angered some religious leaders for declaring a so-called “war on Christmas.”

“Starbucks REMOVED CHRISTMAS from their cups because they hate Jesus,” wrote former Arizona pastor Joshua Feuerstein in a viral Facebook post that had at least 8 million views Saturday night.

Student pastor Nate Weaver at the Crosspointe Christian Church in Sarasota, Fla., vowed to never visit Starbucks ever again.

I’m officially banning Starbucks from my life,” Weaver wrote in a Facebook post Saturday. “With the CEO of the company telling those who support pro-life that they don't want their money and now the Red Holiday cups with nothing that might tie to Christmas on them because they want to be politically correct.”

Outrage over the red cups is not exclusive to the United States. British politician David Burrowes joined the criticism against Starbucks’ new design as an attempt to play it safe.

“The Starbucks coffee cup change smells more of political correctness than a consumer-led change,” Burrowes told Breitbart London. “The public has a common sense grasp on the reality that at Christmas time, whether you have a Christian faith or not, Britain celebrates Christmas.”

The new cups were introduced as early as Oct. 22 in European coffee shops before expanding to American chains at the end of its booming pumpkin spice season.

The holiday designs date back to 1997 with artistic depictions of reindeers, vintage ornaments even shades of blue, according to a Starbucks statement on their latest cups.

The corporation started its tradition with a “jazzy Santa.”

In 2013, Starbucks decorated its cups with coffee flowers and poinsettias.

“This year we wanted to usher in the holidays with a purity of design that welcomes all of our stories,” said Starbucks’ Vice President of Design & Content Jeffrey Fields.

That inclusive design is at the heart of Feuerstein’s disdain.

“Starbucks has become a place of sanctuary during the holidays,” Fields added. “We’re embracing the simplicity and the quietness of it. It’s a more open way to usher in the holiday.”

While this year’s hot beverage cups lack any apparent sign of winter, the Frappuccino beverages get their own holiday cheer on top of an ice base. Those cups have snowflakes.

the rest
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2427180

AnnaG
+5
oh, brother

MHz
+1
Change the nativity scene to a drive through. Put a Jesus tax of 3% on the bill and they would be all over it.

Ludlow
+2
In all honesty these fanatics are not representative of the majority. There's nutbags in all groups. Grasping at a chance to get some attention for themselves.

Twila
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

oh, brother

careful. You may want to add more words to avoid being accused of not maintaining someones perceived level of (insert inane idea here) that they have about you.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

In all honesty these fanatics are not representative of the majority. There's nutbags in all groups. Grasping at a chance to get some attention for themselves.

yes, definately. It will also give some others a reason to be outraged about something for today.

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

careful. You may want to add more words to avoid being accused of not maintaining someones perceived level of (insert inane idea here) that they have about you.

yes, definately. It will also give some others a reason to be outraged about something for today.

Yeah the radio jocks love to blow shyt like that out of proportion. Rash Limbutt pulls mole hill stories out of his fat a$$ on a regular basis to fill his radio scripts.

The liberal shock jocks do the same thing though. All the political / social know it alls love to stir the shyt of discontent.

DaSleeper
+1
I personally don't give a shït......Hate their coffee.

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I can buy a large container of folgers for about ten bucks and it would last me almost a month. If I want a special flavor I buy that flavored creamer like French vanilla etc. Sometimes I think buying a three dollar cup of coffee is a status thing. There ain't a cup of coffee out there I'd pay three to five bucks for.

lone wolf
+2
The cups are red and green and don't offend anyone but whiners. Get over yourselves

AnnaG
+2
Oh, gee whiz! Maybe we should ban red and green things and put nativity scenes all over everything and carry crosses everywhere and pray for something every 5th footstep we take. Maybe that will make those dipsticks feel better.

Or not.

Some Christmas spirit those azzhats have going there.

lone wolf
+1
I figure we could send 'em off to the Muddled East so they can save the nutbars there....

AnnaG
+1
Maybe we could all group up and sing a few tunes like "Snivel night, Whining night, all is red, all is green. Round yon ...."

WLDB
+3
If this is a 'war on xmas' its too bad other wars arent fought the same way.

AnnaG
aha! True dat!

eh1eh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Yes, it's only rivaled by Timmy's for blandness.

Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

If this is a 'war on xmas' its too bad other wars arent fought the same way.

No money in it. Sorry to state the obvious.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Change the nativity scene to a drive through. Put a Jesus tax of 3% on the bill and they would be all over it.

Ummm. Blasphemer! The Jesus tax is 10% of what you earn.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

The Jesus tax is 10% of what you earn.

Which hasn't been collected in over a century in the RC Church...

lone wolf
Shoulda been collecting it in Sturgeon. They'd still have a church

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

Yes, it's only rivaled by Timmy's for blandness.

No money in it. Sorry to state the obvious.

Ummm. Blasphemer! The Jesus tax is 10% of what you earn.

the 10 % tithe is in the old testament, Has nothing to do with jesus.

AnnaG
+1
Yeah, it was Yahweh that wanted money, not Yeshua. Yeshua could feed zillions with a fish and a loaf of bread, build himself a house (he was a carpenter), etc. Yahweh needed ..... wait! What did Yahweh need money for again? I forgot.

Oh, coffee. It must have needed coffee money.

Machjo
Where in the Gospel does it state:

'Thou shalt not drink in a room without a large crucifix hanging on the wall on Christmas day.'

It would be nice of they read their Gospel now and then.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Machjo View Post

'Thou shalt not drink in a room without a large crucifix hanging on the wall on Christmas day.'

I think the colour of the Starbucks cup is the 11th commandment. But I am not real big on the Old Testament so I could be wrong.

Twila
+1

some interpret their book as saying having no idols leviticus 26-1. to not pray in public. matt6-5.

that's the problem with your rules / laws for living coming from a book that hardly any 2 people can agree on it's interpretation.

Common sense and logic should be your fall back approach all the time.

Tecumsehsbones

I think they call that "communion." I drop by for it sometimes. Only place you can get a drink on Sunday morning hereabouts.

Hint: when the give you the cup of wine and say "The blood of Christ," you're supposed to say "Amen," not "Cheers."

Twila
+1
maybe starbucks and coca cola are in cahoots. and they're combing their efforts to sabotage christmas for christians because they want to promote santa. and it's all a capitalistic ploy to cash in on colour red which they have covertly trademarked?

Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I think they call that "communion." I drop by for it sometimes. Only place you can get a drink on Sunday morning hereabouts.

and a cracker

Ludlow
When I was a kid mom made us go to the Mormon church. Sacrament was on Saturday afternoon and they;d pass out bread and water. Mormons cain't tolerate booze I guess.

Cliffy
+7
#26  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

and a cracker

Oh, now you are going to upset all those southern "white" folk. How very unPC of you.

Jinentonix
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

I can buy a large container of folgers for about ten bucks and it would last me almost a month. If I want a special flavor I buy that flavored creamer like French vanilla etc. Sometimes I think buying a three dollar cup of coffee is a status thing. There ain't a cup of coffee out there I'd pay three to five bucks for.

Honest to goodness, don't use that fake flavor crap, it's poison marketed as a foodstuff. Want the best French Vanilla coffee/cappuccino you can make at home? Put a dollop or so of actual French Vanilla ice cream in your coffee. I've turned a few people on to that, of course now they "hate" me

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Oh, now you are going to upset all those southern "white" folk. How very unPC of you.

Why? Because they don't call those little wafer snack things "crackers"?

As for the thread topic, go figure, Christian evangelists getting worked up over a lack of snowflakes and reindeer. Yeah, because that's what Christmas is all about, snowflakes and reindeer. Hell, half of the US doesn't see or barely sees any snow all winter, never mind during the Christmas season.

And finally, they are a private company. People will vote with their wallets on this one. We'll see next year how it worked out for them.

MHz
+2
Churches should become private companies or start serving coffee and sugar and salt and paying taxes. Since that group is about 50M strong and they have some weird leaders they could get quite dangerous. Luckily they tend to be followers rather than thinkers.

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Honest to goodness, don't use that fake flavor crap, it's poison marketed as a foodstuff. Want the best French Vanilla coffee/cappuccino you can make at home? Put a dollop or so of actual French Vanilla ice cream in your coffee. I've turned a few people on to that, of course now they "hate" me

Why? Because they don't call those little wafer snack things "crackers"?

As for the thread topic, go figure, Christian evangelists getting worked up over a lack of snowflakes and reindeer. Yeah, because that's what Christmas is all about, snowflakes and reindeer. Hell, half of the US doesn't see or barely sees any snow all winter, never mind during the Christmas season.

And finally, they are a private company. People will vote with their wallets on this one. We'll see next year how it worked out for them.

I'd love to but me and ice cream don't get along anymore. Does sound good though

Danbones
+1
ummm, wasn't it an evangelist the other day was tellin me
he doesn't do christmas, easter or halloween...
PAGAN institutions all sez he

plz note
the word evangelist contains the word "angel" which has the root word AN
a sumerian god...

WW2, what 50, 60, 70, million christians killed each other for to see who collects the taxes
and it ain't always CHRISTIANS collecting from christians and spending it on christians
( germany was 96 percent christian then and of course bolshevics are NOT christians, but the proletariat were, as were most of the allied countries' troops)

and if you are afraid the war on christmas will wreck christmas, don't you worry:
just look at what the war on drugs and the war on poverty and the wars on terror have done for those items
sky's the limit baby

PS
ask sanity claws for a coffee grinder
or if your santa lives in the cheap seats
a sippy cup, any color you like

and of course
TAX the churches
fix cliffy's picture
Last edited by Danbones; Nov 10th, 2015 at 06:08 AM..