Super Bowl 49

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Lucky heroes.

Statistically, for a normal game, when clock management is not an issue, running is a higher percentage play in that situation. With Lynch, that statistic would be even more favourable.

yep...like the ol' baseball 'hide the ball' trick or a quick kick...when they work, everyone is stunned then there is glory and shame to be shared aplenty.

Nuggler
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

the outcome of the game was very deflating.

only partially

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuggler View Post

only partially

For some.... fully!

This year... Lynch was 1 for 5 in TDs on the one yard line.

A circus catch is the only reason why they got that close.

petros
+1
They lost in a way that the Riders would.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

They lost in a way that the Riders would.

Or in a way the Patriots do as well.

But not that night. WHOOOP!

We went bonkers in the bar. From total devastation to complete elation.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Don't hold your breath, Cannuck. Do you really think the NFL are going to do anything to tarnish New England's win? Anyone talking about soft balls today? If any mention is made it is about what a great distraction it was to the Patriots and how they overcame all the adversity to win the Super Bowl.

I don't expect the NFL to do a whole helluvalot but the there are two things to consider. The U.S., being as litigious as it is, it would not surprise me to see a class action lawsuit. There is a lot of money bet on football and if there is a hint of cheating....well...the fact that known cheaters won the Super Bowl just adds salt to the wounds. There's probably a lawyer or two that would be willing to take up the cause.

EagleSmack

Here you go... get salty for me.

Kreskin
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Or in a way the Patriots do as well.

But not that night. WHOOOP!

We went bonkers in the bar. From total devastation to complete elation.

It was a helluva good game. They went toe to toe and the Pats got the last minute knockout.

EagleSmack
+2
It was a fantastic game. So many ups and downs. I had a feeling that it would be easier to pick who wins the coin toss.

petros
+1
Now to wait for June for CFL preseason.

Ludlow
I still remember as a kid the first Super Bowl between Green Bay and Kansas City. I've watched them all. It's all become so glitzy now and really, I've kind of lost interest because of that. It was a game back in 1966. Now it has become more important than most things it seems. And there are things way more important than sporting events,,in my opinion. but, my opinion and a quarter won't buy a cup of coffee so take it for what it's worth. Not much.

Kreskin
+2

gopher
+1
Quote:

skiing,

Pete Carrol should be the SuperBowl MVP for the New England Patriots.

Seems like this is all radio sports talk and the chat room I was in were talking about. Invariably, everybody brought up the call. After all, it was the worse anyone has ever seen in 49 Super Bowls. Hawks were right on the door step and gave it away. Christmas sure came early for Belichek.

EagleSmack
+1
Game ... set... match!

Patriots Win!

Kearse's catch to get down to the red zone was a bigger gift.

Glad the haters got a bit salty.

Cliffy

petros
+1
Did you watch the game from your rectangular, aluminum clad tipi in the woods?

gopher
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Don't care who wins. I drove by the Stadium yesterday and then made the mistake of driving through downtown Phoenix trying to get home. It's all about the cash. People goin nuts over a game. I'll probably watch it though because I'm a hypocrite.

cash = you have a point, there:

A sports radio interview indicated that the city of Glendale did not profit from the event as it had to pay for security and others costs. But, overall, the state did profit as it brought in tourists and businesses from all over the world. Should be interestint to see how the money is split up after it is all counted.

EagleSmack
Edelman don't care!

Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

A sports radio interview indicated that the city of Glendale did not profit from the event as it had to pay for security and others costs. But, overall, the state did profit as it brought in tourists and businesses from all over the world. Should be interestint to see how the money is split up after it is all counted.

And don't forget...

coldstream
I like former Dallas Cowboy's running back Emmit Smith's tweet on the the intercepted pass at the end of the game. It was "the worst play call in the history of football"

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

I like former Dallas Cowboy's running back Emmit Smith's tweet on the the intercepted pass at the end of the game. It was "the worst play call in the history of football"

The sad part about it is that nobody is talking about one of the greatest catches in super bowl history.

coldstream
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

The sad part about it is that nobody is talking about one of the greatest catches in super bowl history.

all for naught (if you're talking of Jermaine Kearse's acrobatic juggling.. there were a few good catches in the game).
Last edited by coldstream; Feb 3rd, 2015 at 03:12 PM..

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

What are you talking about... that is all they are talking about.

Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

all for naught (if you're talking Jermaine Kearse's acrobatic juggling.. there were a few good catches in the game).

Kearse was lucky. Luckier than the Pats.

A few good catches...None better than this one.

He did not just catch it... he knocked #83 on his azz.

gopher
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack;

And don't forget...

Dude is wearing one super kool hat.

EagleSmack
Karma...

B00Mer
+1

Thank you, Patriots Nation for being the best fans in the world!

It was a wild ride this year - you guys did your job & the Patriots finished the job

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Thank you, Patriots Nation for being the best fans in the world!

It was a wild ride this year - you guys did your job & the Patriots finished the job

Go PATRIOTS!