Stephen Harper’s Canada: The Legacy of Tyrants


Hoid
#61
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

You silly little dickweed. Your argument isn't with me, it's with Natural Resources Canada, StatsCan and the NEB.

From StatsCan: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1...pid=2510004601 You can see the thermal coal exports for the last quarter of 2018 plus Jan 2019.

From the NEB: https://www.neb-one.gc.ca/nrg/ntgrtd...rdctn-eng.html

From Natural Resources Canada: https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/facts/coal/20071 Which means that 7% of coal exports are thermal coal. And since the vast bulk of that coal is bound for Asia, guess where the f*ck it gets shipped from. Go ahead, I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.

Or are you suggesting that these organs of the Groper govt are in fact lying about coal exports.

no canadian thermal coal goes to china through the port of vancouver
in fact no thermal coal at all goes through the port of vancouver to china.
and from your own link:

Total coal production is expected to decline to 34.3 MT by 2040. This would be primarily caused by lower thermal coal production resulting from provincial and federal commitments to phase out the use of coal in power generation. On the other hand, production of metallurgical coal is expected to increase slightly. Continued development and population growth in the Asian-Pacific regions are expected to increase future demand for metallurgical coal. Given Canada’s reserves of quality metallurgical coal and its proximity to the Asian-Pacific market, it is in a position to capture a portion of the increasing demand from the Asian-Pacific region.
Last edited by Hoid; Apr 17th, 2019 at 09:42 AM..
 
Hoid
#62
You will note the word "commitments"

We are not stopping the export of thermal coal on a whim
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#63
Bahahaha the article is talking about coal production overall domestic and exported note the line

Quote:

This would be primarily caused by lower thermal coal production resulting from provincial and federal commitments to phase out the use of coal in power generation

As you can plainly see lowering thermal production do to domestic demand export is and will go on
 
Hoid
#64
No thermal coal goes through port of vancouver to china.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#65
Oh OK stick to your ignorance if you close your eyes I guess it maybe true, even though countless links were provided to you that differ from your opinion
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#66
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

No thermal coal goes through port of vancouver to china.

So where does all that thermal coal coming via BNR ( Warren Buffets railroad ) to Roberts Bank get shipped to ?
 
Hoid
#67
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

So where does all that thermal coal coming via BNR ( Warren Buffets railroad ) to Roberts Bank get shipped to ?

Chile/South Korea/Japan

Second time this has been stated.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#68
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Chile/South Korea/Japan

Second time this has been stated.

And the big one China . But don’t worry with the new coal fields being developed in China they will be able to continue to built coal fired electrical plants while decreasing their consumption of imported coal .
 
Hoid
#69
You are literally the last person to be talking about coal.

YOU know nothing about it.

IN fact China is importing zero coal right now as far as I know.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#70
From Canada not the US where it is generated from running through Vancouver
 
Hoid
#71
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Oh OK stick to your ignorance if you close your eyes I guess it maybe true, even though countless links were provided to you that differ from your opinion

How would you know what they prove

As we have all just seen you don't even read them
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2
#72
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

You are literally the last person to be talking about coal.
YOU know nothing about it.
IN fact China is importing zero coal right now as far as I know.

Well, IN FACT as usual you know nothing. YOU are literally the last person to be talking about coal. YOU know NOTHING about it.
Quote:

In January, China imported 12.3 million tonnes of Indonesian coal, the highest monthly total since Refinitiv started monitoring in January 2015.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1Q30HM

According to Reuters, coal imports to China surged this year already.

As for where the coal gets exported from in Canada, there are only three coal export terminals, 2 in Vancouver and one in Thunder Bay. I can guarantee you that the coal being shipped to Asia (including thermal coal) is NOT being shipped out of Thunder Bay.

But as I stated before, you suffer severely from diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of thought.
 
spilledthebeer
+2
#73
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Harper was right about one thing?

That sounds like a reach.




And HOID LOGIC DOESNT STRETCH THAT FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



You missed again LIE-beral propaganda meister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#74
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

You are literally the last person to be talking about coal.
YOU know nothing about it.
IN fact China is importing zero coal right now as far as I know.

 
Danbones
Free Thinker
+3
#75
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Worst. PM.Ever.

With the UCP victory in Alberta over 80% of Canada's population reject the ideas of Justin Trudeau!


Arana Nation
Published on Apr 17, 2019

From Alberta to New Brunswick Canadians have shown their complete hatred of the ideas of Justin the tacky headed Mackdaddy Trudeau by voting in staunchly anti Trudeau Premiers in various Provinces! Alberta has Jason Kenney, Saskatchewan has Scott Moe, Manitoba has Brian Pallister, Ontario has Doug Ford, Quebec has Francois Legault and New Brunswick has Brian Higgs!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=963TzZAcoKI

LOL, you just can't tell the truth about anything can you?




Looks like it's U.N.trudie who isn't doing too well on the vlad pole.
Last edited by Danbones; Apr 17th, 2019 at 05:30 PM..
 
Hoid
#76
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

China halted all coal imports last year.

No thermal coal goes through Port of Vancouver to China.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#77
Moving the goal posts again?

China to cap 2019 coal imports to help domestic producers

Quote:

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China’s government will cap coal imports this year at 2018 levels, four sources with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Tuesday, to support domestic producers.The world’s biggest coal consumer imported 281.23 million tonnes of coal in 2018 including thermal coal, coking coal and anthracite.

Quote:

Chen Bin, deputy chief engineer of the fuel department at China Datang Corp, also said that imported coal has advantages on price, quality and accessibility, especially to utilities located in coastal regions.
“We are planning to sign more long-term contracts with overseas miners,” Chen told Reuters on the sideline of the Coaltrans conference.

Are we done?
 
Hoid
#78
Moving what goal posts?

This is an argument that you wandered into for some reason.

The claim was made that there are large piles of coal in Vancouver that are being shipped to China to fuel their power plants.

I mentioned that absolutely no coal was going through the port of Vancouver to fuel chinese power plants.

Those are the goal posts
 
Hoid
#79
as far as being done goes - I doubt it.

what good is being a climate change denier when there is nobody to deny it to?
 
VIBC
No Party Affiliation
#80
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

With the UCP victory in Alberta over 80% of Canada's population reject the ideas of Justin Trudeau! Arana Nation
....Canadians have shown their complete hatred of the ideas of Justin by voting in staunchly anti Trudeau Premiers in various Provinces!

.Who are the "Arana Nation" - that's not just a mis-spelling of Aryan eh?

I'd like to see details of the studies on which they base their statement about "over 80%" of Canadians. Seems like just pulled-out-of-the-air exaggerated declaratory rhetoric. And is it ALL of Justin Trudeau's ideas that ALL of this 80% supposedly reject? Some details are called for, if they exist anywhere.

The author seems unaware too, that in Canada, Provincial governments are entirely separate from the Federal government or that people can & do support one party in their province but another in the federal context.
Last edited by VIBC; Apr 17th, 2019 at 06:49 PM..
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#81
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Moving what goal posts?
This is an argument that you wandered into for some reason.
The claim was made that there are large piles of coal in Vancouver that are being shipped to China to fuel their power plants.
I mentioned that absolutely no coal was going through the port of Vancouver to fuel chinese power plants.
Those are the goal posts

No we started back in the TMPL thread, you moved it here do to the unsupportive links in your argument, and have been moving the goal posts ever since
 
Hoid
#82
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

No we started back in the TMPL thread, you moved it here do to the unsupportive links in your argument, and have been moving the goal posts ever since

See?
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#83
I asked you if we were done with all the facts in front of you and you said no
 
Hoid
#84
You will never be done because there is no where else where you can tell people about your climate change feelings.

The real world could care less about you.

So you're stuck here.
 
VIBC
No Party Affiliation
+1
#85
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

So you're stuck here.

Please God, NO!!
 
Hoid
+1
#86
Where else can they go?

They live in a time and place where their beliefs are ridiculous to the average person.

They huddle together here and talk to each other about immigrants and climate change - and nobody laughs at them.

Well, actually I laugh my ass off, but they don't have to listen to it like in real life.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+3
#87
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

I think history will be pretty clear - Trudeau, the worst PM ever in Cdn History!


Definitely the least qualified. Maybe next time they can ask his brother to run for leadership.
 
VIBC
No Party Affiliation
#88
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Definitely the least qualified. Maybe next time they can ask his brother to run for leadership.

Hey RCS, what do you think should be the qualifications for PM-ship, and do you think you see anyone who meets them?
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#89
Quote: Originally Posted by VIBC View Post

Hey RCS, what do you think should be the qualifications for PM-ship, and do you think you see anyone who meets them?

It seems that conservatives can't wait to have a Trumpster dumpster fire for PM.
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2
#90
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Where else can they go?
They live in a time and place where their beliefs are ridiculous to the average person.
They huddle together here and talk to each other about immigrants and climate change - and nobody laughs at them.
Well, actually I laugh my ass off, but they don't have to listen to it like in real life.

Awww poor Hoidy toidy is suffering from a case of the blues.

The only ridiculous beliefs being spouted in here (aside from the religious nuts) comes from the ALT-left idiots like you and Groper. And as you'll see come November, the average person has had enough of your ilk's shit. Alberta has had it. Sask has had it. Manitoba has had it. Ontario has had it. Quebec has had it. NB has had it. Every ONE of those provinces elected an Anti-Groper Premier.

Good luck carrying the day with BC, the Territories, and the rest of the Maritimes.