Help name Stephen Harper's new cat!

Andem
On the lighter side...

Prime Minister Stephen Harper's as-yet-unnamed new cat.

It’s the capper to a near purrfect spring after winning his long-sought majority: Prime Minister Stephen Harper has a new pet cat.

The Harpers announced the arrival of the newest, furry member of their family Saturday on the prime minister’s Facebook page — and offered the public the chance to name the grey tabby.

“Happy to have a new Harper at 24,” a statement on the site said. “He’s a grey tabby and needs a name, vote for your favourite.”

Early suggestions from commenters included Majority (or Major), as well as Stanley, in honour of the Vancouver Canucks’ run toward the NHL’s grand prize.

Pictures were posted on Facebook, including one of the kitty mischievously holding a string in its two front paws.

Harper is known as a cat lover. He and wife Laureen have participated in the Ottawa Humane Society’s Foster Program, which provides temporary homes for pets in the community who are not yet ready for adoption.

The naming poll will close Monday.
© Copyright (c) Postmedia News

Cliffy
Thanksgiving in honour of his penchant for eating cats.

Tonington
Mini me.

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Thanksgiving in honour of his penchant for eating cats.

LOL.. let's hope Mark Zuckerberg doesn't go out hunting for dinner one day

petros
Karl

YukonJack
The little pussycat is a tabby, i.e. half black and half white.

Name it Barack.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJack View Post

The little pussycat is a tabby, i.e. half black and half white.

Name it Barack.

"Majority" would be a good name. It might have the majority of the brains in the family.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Jun 5th, 2011 at 08:23 PM..

Nuggler
If it takes after its' "master", Spermbreath would be a terrific name.

petros
+1
Why isn't Mrs Harper spitting out kids to prove how Canadian she is and how she is willing to invest her womb for the future of Canada.

Then let us name the kids.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Why isn't Mrs Harper spitting out kids to prove how Canadian she is and how she is willing to invest her womb for the future of Canada.

Then let us name the kids.

Good grief, petros.

I kind of like Senator. LOL!

petros
Deficit

Ron in Regina
Name his cat, eh? Hmmmm......Maybe "Prorogue" or "Stéphane" or something
along those lines?

Cliffy
It's kinda funny that English speaking people swear on sex and the french swear on parts of the alter.

As for the cat, Teriyaki. Would taste great in a stir fry.

Colpy
+3
#14  Top Rated Post
Elliot, after Pierre Elliot Trudeau..........fitting, as Harper just finished the job Pierre (unintentionally) started: the complete destruction of the Liberal Party.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Elliot, after Pierre Elliot Trudeau..........fitting, as Harper just finished the job Pierre (unintentionally) started: the complete destruction of the Liberal Party.

Ha, the Conservatives were down to two seats and they came back, kinda like JC. The Liberals are far from dead. Unfortunate, I know, but a post mortum is definitely premature. I would be more than happy if all the big three went the way of the Dodo, but I guess I'm just a dreamer.

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Ha, the Conservatives were down to two seats and they came back, kinda like JC. The Liberals are far from dead. Unfortunate, I know, but a post mortum is definitely premature. I would be more than happy if all the big three went the way of the Dodo, but I guess I'm just a dreamer.

Oh I agree....about the Libs coming back.

But they are in the pooper now....

As I've said before, the NDP are going to make such fools of themselves........the Libs will be back with a vengence.....but they will not hold power again for a long, long time.
Last edited by Colpy; Jun 5th, 2011 at 01:05 AM..

Dexter Sinister
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

... the NDP are going to make such fools of themselves........the Libs will be back with a vengence.....but they will not hold power again for a long, long time.

Yeah, I think that's probably accurate, the NDP is renowned for having an idealistic pie in the sky non-grip on unreality, and the Libs need a decade in the wilderness to learn some humility. I hope the Cons with their Rambo economics and every man for himself ideology don't ruin us in the meantime. I don't really much like any of the available options.

As for naming the Harper's new cat, if the past is any guide it seems unlikely to me that the Harpers will pay much attention to what anyone else thinks, despite protestations to the contrary. I wouldn't be surprised if they called it Parliament and kicked it around a lot. But perhaps I'm less than objective; I don't like cats much, they're secretive and aloof and like to kill even when they're well fed, and I'm not inclined to trust people who like them.
Last edited by Dexter Sinister; Jun 5th, 2011 at 02:50 AM..

Corduroy
I think "Hidden Agenda" would be a great name for a cat.

taxslave
I normally call cats "mouse trap" unless they annoy me and then their name becomes chinese food.

Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

I think "Hidden Agenda" would be a great name for a cat.

Nothing hidden about a cats agenda. Eat and sleep. Kill something once in a while for fun. Should just call it HARPER.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

I don't like cats much, they're secretive and aloof and like to kill even when they're well fed, and I'm not inclined to trust people who like them.

You must not have had many good experiences with cats, Dex. Mine are very loving, come when they are called and go for walks on a leash with me. Sure they kill the odd mouse stupid enough to invade their territory but then that is one of the reasons I have cats - living in the country as I do. They play with my dogs and catch house-flies too. If that makes me untrustworthy.......so be it.

Ron in Regina
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

You must not have had many good experiences with cats, Dex. Mine are very loving, come when they are called and go for walks on a leash with me. Sure they kill the odd mouse stupid enough to invade their territory but then that is one of the reasons I have cats - living in the country as I do. They play with my dogs and catch house-flies too. If that makes me untrustworthy.......so be it.

My Son has a cat named "Bill" that he also walks on a leash with a harness. My
boy is 6'5" & shy of the 300lb mark....when walking his cat....is quite the sight.

lone wolf
Furrburger

55Mercury
MousyDung

though I may be a tad partial

CurioToo
Simple-minded choice:

Mackenzie or MAC when he is in trouble for a cat antic.

He's a darling.

gerryh
I think Colpy would be a good name, that way harpo could have the biggest conservative ass kisser living right in his own home.

petros
Vladimir Ilyich Harper

Tonington
If the cat were female, I'd suggest Page

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem View Post

On the lighter side...

Prime Minister Stephen Harper's as-yet-unnamed new cat.

It’s the capper to a near purrfect spring after winning his long-sought majority: Prime Minister Stephen Harper has a new pet cat.

The Harpers announced the arrival of the newest, furry member of their family Saturday on the prime minister’s Facebook page — and offered the public the chance to name the grey tabby.

“Happy to have a new Harper at 24,” a statement on the site said. “He’s a grey tabby and needs a name, vote for your favourite.”

Early suggestions from commenters included Majority (or Major), as well as Stanley, in honour of the Vancouver Canucks’ run toward the NHL’s grand prize.

Pictures were posted on Facebook, including one of the kitty mischievously holding a string in its two front paws.

Harper is known as a cat lover. He and wife Laureen have participated in the Ottawa Humane Society’s Foster Program, which provides temporary homes for pets in the community who are not yet ready for adoption.

The naming poll will close Monday.
© Copyright (c) Postmedia News

How about Brigette?

Colpy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

I think Colpy would be a good name, that way harpo could have the biggest conservative ass kisser living right in his own home.

Troll!

I think Gerry would be a good name.........because he has a very small brain, and claws at things for no particular reason........