Wow, the Penguins sure do suck


Avro
+1 / -2
#1  Top Rated Post
They lose to the Habs and the Leafs....I sense a cry coming.

 
TenPenny
#2
Yeah, must be pretty sad to lose to Montreal.
 
Avro
+1 / -1
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Yeah, must be pretty sad to lose to Montreal.

I think I said that....not mention Toronto.

Montreal seems to own the Pens given the last game and last years playoffs.

Not bad for a below average team.

Well, a bad post rating is way better than the usual long winded response that put's you to sleep.

 
wulfie68
+1
#4
I still don't get the whole Cry-sby thing: he is the captain of his team thus it is his JOB to talk to the refs and lobby for calls after each play where the team feels they didn't get the right call. He's definately no worse (and I would say better) than Gretzky or Lemieux was: i haven't heard him openly criticizing officiating the way both of those two did, even early in their careers.

As for the season on a whole, a week in is a little early to be crowning champions or chumps... especially given the talent levels on the teams involved. Of the three, I'd definately bet on Pittsburgh to come out on top in the end.
 
talloola
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68 View Post

I still don't get the whole Cry-sby thing: he is the captain of his team thus it is his JOB to talk to the refs and lobby for calls after each play where the team feels they didn't get the right call. He's definately no worse (and I would say better) than Gretzky or Lemieux was: i haven't heard him openly criticizing officiating the way both of those two did, even early in their careers.

As for the season on a whole, a week in is a little early to be crowning champions or chumps... especially given the talent levels on the teams involved. Of the three, I'd definately bet on Pittsburgh to come out on top in the end.

Crosby is a classy guy and player, not a cry baby at all, and he is targeted so much, that he can use the
referees at times to make them aware, so they watch, he is doing that as a tactic, not whining. I'd give the teams at least 20 games before I would begin to look for any consistent bad habits that are giving some teams problems.
It's far too early to make judgements, but thats the fans for ya, they can't wait.

In vancouver we don't have 'hockey fans' we have 'canuck fans', they see no one but the canucks in games,
they don't have a clue what the other team is doing, and don't even know any of the other players, and
don't care, it's all about the canucks, and early judgements have allready been surfacing, some of them
so stupid, they aren't worth mentioning.
 
Avro
#6
One thing for sure, Crysby sure does have a bus load of appologists.

Even Cherry thinks he whines to much.
 
wulfie68
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

In vancouver we don't have 'hockey fans' we have 'canuck fans', they see no one but the canucks in games,
they don't have a clue what the other team is doing, and don't even know any of the other players, and
don't care, it's all about the canucks, and early judgements have allready been surfacing, some of them
so stupid, they aren't worth mentioning.

You can swap out the city and team names for every city in pro sports. The only difference with Hab fans is they spread farther from Montreal than most other fans... sorta like the plague...
 
talloola
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

One thing for sure, Crysby sure does have a bus load of appologists.

Even Cherry thinks he whines to much.

cherry is a clown, I have no respect for much of anything he says.
 
Praxius
-1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68 View Post

I still don't get the whole Cry-sby thing: he is the captain of his team thus it is his JOB to talk to the refs and lobby for calls after each play where the team feels they didn't get the right call. He's definately no worse (and I would say better) than Gretzky or Lemieux was: i haven't heard him openly criticizing officiating the way both of those two did, even early in their careers.

As for the season on a whole, a week in is a little early to be crowning champions or chumps... especially given the talent levels on the teams involved. Of the three, I'd definately bet on Pittsburgh to come out on top in the end.

I wouldn't try and think about it too hard. Avro created this thread specifically to troll me ever since he got all upset over a few things I said last year in the playoffs over his precious Canadians and how they didn't win the cup as he claimed they would..... just like they won't win it this year either.

He's just trying to get under my skin like a childish teenager.... but the problem is that he seemed to forget that I already mentioned last year that while I support the Pens, I don't give as much of a sh*t about Hockey as Avro does, and that he can throw out all the half-assed photoshop images he can find off Google, it's still not going to make any difference, because I still don't care.

But I do find it interesting to see how Avro is trying to use his imagination these days, so I'll pop in from time to time, just to get a good laugh.

I laugh because it seems Avro hasn't come to realize that some of us have grown beyond Grade 8 where kid A would mock kid B's father's team because his father's team is better then kid B's...... or that whatever happens in Hockey really has no effect on one's "Real" life and no matter how many cloned jerseys or posters or pictures or autographs you can get from your favorite team..... in "Reality" the only people who are doing any real work and the only people those Hockey games really matter to, are the players.

Unfortunately Avro seems to think that trolling and sh*tting on everybody else who doesn't support his loser team will somehow help his loser team to get farther this year.

There you go Avro.... long enough for you?

And if you really like, I'll thumbs down your post..... I'm here, I might as well get two birds stoned at once...... and you might as well have the best of both worlds.

Funny how you try and start a fight and troll someone when there was no reason to in the first place except to be an ass because you can't let things go, even when it's almost a year later.

And it's not even anything serious.... it's a friggin hockey game that isn't even near the playoffs yet.

Frig, talk about sad.

Get over yourself princess.

Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

Crosby is a classy guy and player, not a cry baby at all, and he is targeted so much, that he can use the
referees at times to make them aware, so they watch, he is doing that as a tactic, not whining. I'd give the teams at least 20 games before I would begin to look for any consistent bad habits that are giving some teams problems.
It's far too early to make judgements, but thats the fans for ya, they can't wait.

lol... indeed... Avro seems to be able to predict the entire outcome of things after only 4-5 games, if that. (Can't say I've been following)

Clearly his predictions were wrong last year, so perhaps he should look at his approach.

Quote:

In vancouver we don't have 'hockey fans' we have 'canuck fans', they see no one but the canucks in games,
they don't have a clue what the other team is doing, and don't even know any of the other players, and
don't care, it's all about the canucks, and early judgements have allready been surfacing, some of them
so stupid, they aren't worth mentioning.

Agreed.

Nobody can predict anything because anything can happen, especially so early into things. That's why I rarely watch the regular season and only a bit of the playoffs, because I've seen teams do great in the Reg Season and one of the top ranking ones to enter the playoffs..... and then booted out of the playoffs in the first round..... but then a team that barely scraped by in the reg. season gets to the finals or semi finals....... Some teams do what they need to do to get into the playoffs and save their energy and resources until them, while others go all out in the regular season and burn out early in the playoffs.

It's the same old story.

All the while you got people running around pumping their chests up and acting as though they know how it's all going to turn out, based on 3-4 games.

^ Hell if someone could really pull that off, you'd think they'd be currently working in the NHL right now.

Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

cherry is a clown, I have no respect for much of anything he says.

Yeah, he's been gradually losing his mind over the years and CBC just keeps him on there because the old farts at home watching grew accustomed to seeing him on there ranting and raving and not letting Ron have a word in the conversation he just has with himself....... and besides a few places in the US, the greater majority of them don't even know who the hell he is, let alone care what he says...... and believe it or not, there's a good chunk of not just Canadians, but hockey players who don't care what he says either.

He's like the Queen of Hockey..... he's been around forever, most in the country has heard of him, he acts like he's the head of hockey, but really holds no authority and his position only exists because everybody would feel too guilty in putting some elderly crazy man on the streets to fend for himself.
 
talloola
#10
I believe teams are put together for the long haul, but some gm s build their teams more offensively
than others.
I don't think teams play thru the regular season only thinking of how they will do in the playoffs.

Injuries play a key part of every team during the season, and chemistry on the lines. It takes time
to build chemistry, and coaches must watch the lines for a while to see if that is happening, or if
certain lines are just not on the same page.

I don't believe the teams who are built 'on' lots of offense and little defense will do well in playoffs,
hence - washington in last playoffs.
Playoffs have always been a 'little' season where defence is played seriously, and fighting is also not
apparant, the teams have to be deep in both ends, and in goal, if not, early exit.

My thorough enjoyment of hockey, is about hockey, the game, not each team, and how
much I like them or not, hence, I can watch lots of hockey each week, for the love
of the game, and the interest, as to how each team is improving or not, and why.
And, of course I am a canuck fan too, I am born and bred on the west coast, and
have followed this team all of my life, so GO CANUCKS GO, but I dont live and die
with only them, and I watch 'both' teams in all of the games.
 
Avro
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

I wouldn't try and think about it too hard. Avro created this thread specifically to troll me ever since he got all upset over a few things I said last year in the playoffs over his precious Canadians and how they didn't win the cup as he claimed they would..... just like they won't win it this year either.

He's just trying to get under my skin like a childish teenager.... but the problem is that he seemed to forget that I already mentioned last year that while I support the Pens, I don't give as much of a sh*t about Hockey as Avro does, and that he can throw out all the half-assed photoshop images he can find off Google, it's still not going to make any difference, because I still don't care.

But I do find it interesting to see how Avro is trying to use his imagination these days, so I'll pop in from time to time, just to get a good laugh.

I laugh because it seems Avro hasn't come to realize that some of us have grown beyond Grade 8 where kid A would mock kid B's father's team because his father's team is better then kid B's...... or that whatever happens in Hockey really has no effect on one's "Real" life and no matter how many cloned jerseys or posters or pictures or autographs you can get from your favorite team..... in "Reality" the only people who are doing any real work and the only people those Hockey games really matter to, are the players.

Unfortunately Avro seems to think that trolling and sh*tting on everybody else who doesn't support his loser team will somehow help his loser team to get farther this year.

There you go Avro.... long enough for you?

And if you really like, I'll thumbs down your post..... I'm here, I might as well get two birds stoned at once...... and you might as well have the best of both worlds.

Funny how you try and start a fight and troll someone when there was no reason to in the first place except to be an ass because you can't let things go, even when it's almost a year later.

And it's not even anything serious.... it's a friggin hockey game that isn't even near the playoffs yet.

Frig, talk about sad.

Get over yourself princess.



lol... indeed... Avro seems to be able to predict the entire outcome of things after only 4-5 games, if that. (Can't say I've been following)

Clearly his predictions were wrong last year, so perhaps he should look at his approach.

Agreed.

Nobody can predict anything because anything can happen, especially so early into things. That's why I rarely watch the regular season and only a bit of the playoffs, because I've seen teams do great in the Reg Season and one of the top ranking ones to enter the playoffs..... and then booted out of the playoffs in the first round..... but then a team that barely scraped by in the reg. season gets to the finals or semi finals....... Some teams do what they need to do to get into the playoffs and save their energy and resources until them, while others go all out in the regular season and burn out early in the playoffs.

It's the same old story.

All the while you got people running around pumping their chests up and acting as though they know how it's all going to turn out, based on 3-4 games.

^ Hell if someone could really pull that off, you'd think they'd be currently working in the NHL right now.



Yeah, he's been gradually losing his mind over the years and CBC just keeps him on there because the old farts at home watching grew accustomed to seeing him on there ranting and raving and not letting Ron have a word in the conversation he just has with himself....... and besides a few places in the US, the greater majority of them don't even know who the hell he is, let alone care what he says...... and believe it or not, there's a good chunk of not just Canadians, but hockey players who don't care what he says either.

He's like the Queen of Hockey..... he's been around forever, most in the country has heard of him, he acts like he's the head of hockey, but really holds no authority and his position only exists because everybody would feel too guilty in putting some elderly crazy man on the streets to fend for himself.

See....blah blah blah blah blah.

Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

cherry is a clown, I have no respect for much of anything he says.

I don't like the guy either.
 
Praxius
+1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

See....blah blah blah blah blah.

In other words, everything I just said is true and you have no defence for your trollish ways.

Thanks, it was fun.... moving on.
 
Avro
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

In other words, everything I just said is true and you have no defence for your trollish ways.

Thanks, it was fun.... moving on.

Wow a short reply....that's a first.
 
Praxius
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

Wow a short reply....that's a first.

Actually that's my 252nd short reply on record..... it's not too hard to have a short reply considering the material you're giving me to work with.

253rd ^
 
Avro
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

Actually that's my 252nd short reply on record..... it's not too hard to have a short reply considering the material you're giving me to work with.

253rd ^

You count them?

Give me an L
Give me an O
Give me an S
Give me an E
Give me an.........
 
Cannuck
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

Even Cherry thinks he whines to much.

Cherry's an idiot. He's under achieved in everything he has done except shooting his mouth off. If he was half the coach he thinks he was, he would still be behind the bench. I'm not surprised you would concern yourself with his opinion though.

I bet you cried yourself to sleep the night Crosby scored the OT winner in Vancouver.
 
Avro
#17
Wow, it seems the Penguins don't suck after all.

I picked Crybaby in my goals pool and I'm in first.
 
talloola
+1
#18
I don't know of any crybaby on the penguins, but I do know of a guy named sydney crosby who
is playing fantastic hockey right now, I love it, and I would love to see him win lots of
individual awards this year, he works very hard, is a great leader, and deserves it.
 
shadowshiv
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

I don't know of any crybaby on the penguins, but I do know of a guy named sydney crosby who
is playing fantastic hockey right now, I love it, and I would love to see him win lots of
individual awards this year, he works very hard, is a great leader, and deserves it.

Steve Yzerman stated that he admired Crosby's commitment to getting better and that he's a great example to young players today.

Here is his quote in full:

"He's a great example for all young players that here we have one of the best players in our game, a young guy just driven to get better in all areas," Yzerman said Tuesday after the NHL's board of governors meeting. "It's so important because he can play in all situations and score the goal, set up the goal, he can win the faceoff, he'll block a shot.
"How valuable is that?"

"He's just getting better every year," Yzerman said of Crosby. "He really works at every part of his game. You've just watched him develop in all aspects of the game whether it be his faceoff percentage, his shot -- he's scoring goals in different ways -- he's always been a goal-scorer, but he's added a wrist shot coming down the wing, a one-timer on the power play ...
"He's just continually adding to it."

And considering how Stevie Y was one of the classiest players to ever don the skates that is high praise indeed.
 
Cannuck
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

And considering how Stevie Y was one of the classiest players to ever don the skates ....

I beg to differ. He was the classiest player to ever don the skates.
 
shadowshiv
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I beg to differ. He was the classiest player to ever don the skates.

I really can't find any fault in your logic.
 
talloola
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

I really can't find any fault in your logic.

I think he has to share that position with joe sakic

and just to add to thoughts about crosby, he spends time practicing his 'weaknesses',
and doesn't just cruise around practices doing what he does best, hence, constant
improvement in his game.
 
JLM
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck;1349985[B

]Cherry's an idiot.[/B] He's under achieved in everything he has done except shooting his mouth off. If he was half the coach he thinks he was, he would still be behind the bench. I'm not surprised you would concern yourself with his opinion though.

I bet you cried yourself to sleep the night Crosby scored the OT winner in Vancouver.

This is just tooooooooooooo much Cannuck, never would have thought in a million years you would say something I agree with.
 
wulfie68
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

I think he has to share that position with joe sakic

and just to add to thoughts about crosby, he spends time practicing his 'weaknesses',
and doesn't just cruise around practices doing what he does best, hence, constant
improvement in his game.

100% agreement. I never heard or saw a quote of a comment by Stevie Y or Joe Sakic that wasn't at the very least tactful and accurate even when approaching sensitive subjects.

As for Sid, he is the premier player in the world right now. He has his slumps but even then, like in the Olympics, its not from lack of effort and he still pays attention to the little parts of his game.

I look at this thread and kinda snicker: it was started by a Habs fan. They've shown a penchant for finding pretty decent goalies but when was the last time Montreal developed a true superstar outside the crease? Guy Lafleur? This sounds like envy to me...
 
TenPenny
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

I think he has to share that position with joe sakic

and just to add to thoughts about crosby, he spends time practicing his 'weaknesses',
and doesn't just cruise around practices doing what he does best, hence, constant
improvement in his game.

Last summer, I took my daughter to the hockey school in PEI where Crosby went every summer from the time he was 5 years old. They commented on his dedication - he spent every minute he could on the ice working on his skating and technique. When Crosby was 12, they were filming a promo for a commercial, so they had Crosby on the ice skating and demonstrating drills, they said he just kept pushing himself all day long while they filmed different things.

I'm impressed with his attitude that, even now, there are things he wants to work on, and he does. Even when he was first drafted by Pittsburg, instead of whining about who he got drafted by, the first thing he said was that he was looking forward to being able to learn from players like Lemieux.
 
JLM
#26
Yeah, just sucked 9 games straight out of other teams.
 
Avro
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68 View Post

I look at this thread and kinda snicker: it was started by a Habs fan. They've shown a penchant for finding pretty decent goalies but when was the last time Montreal developed a true superstar outside the crease? Guy Lafleur? This sounds like envy to me...

The fact that the Pens had to be the worst team in the league to get a player like Sid is how you develope superstars in the new NHL.

When is the last time the Pens took an obscure player and made him a star? Halak(last round), Plekanec(3rd round), Markov(6th round), Also took undrafted Josh Gorges from SJ and developed him into a top four defenceman. Getting the first overall pick and developing players are two different things.

.....and yes, I am envious, he is the best all around player in the league and I would take him in a minute.

He's still a whiner and a crybaby who gets calls because of who he is and plays a bit dirty.

I hate Mike Richards as well but would love to see him in Habs blue white and red.
 
Cannuck
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

The fact that the Pens had to be the worst team in the league to get a player like Sid is how you develope superstars in the new NHL.

LOL - Tell that to the Red Wings or the Devils. Seems to me they have been consistently finishing ahead the Habs and yet continue to draft better players. Nope, the "new NHL" just like the old NHL requires good scouting. The Habs don't have it and haven't had it for years if not decades.
 
Avro
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

LOL - Tell that to the Red Wings or the Devils. Seems to me they have been consistently finishing ahead the Habs and yet continue to draft better players. Nope, the "new NHL" just like the old NHL requires good scouting. The Habs don't have it and haven't had it for years if not decades.

I gave examples of developing players in the NHL that are on my very team....to bad you didn't listen and were to busy falling all over your own ego because you once showered with a guy who played a few minutes in the AHL.

What I said was, is when you get the first pick overall and a quality one in Sid, player development isn't a huge issue. Since the last CBA it is a fact that most times the way to win a cup is to suck first, draft in the top 5 for a few years and build from there. The Red Wings are the exception to that rule.
Last edited by Avro; Dec 8th, 2010 at 07:28 PM..
 
Cannuck
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

What I said was, is when you get the first pick overall and a quality one in Sid, player development isn't a huge issue. Since the last CBA it is a fact that most times the way to win a cup is to suck first, draft in the top 5 for a few years and build from there. The Red Wings are the exception to that rule.

I know what you said. The point is that you are wrong. While one could maybe argue that the last two cup winners benefited by top draft picks and actually won because of them (a view I don't really subscribe to) the history of Cup winners in the last few years belies your claim (not to mention the current NHL Standings).
 

Similar Threads

24
Mondays suck
by Nuggler | Feb 3rd, 2009