New Political Party in BC

Mowich
Conservative
About

The Rural BC Party was founded in response to the growing concern that the existing major political parties are solely interested in supporting the voter-rich areas of the Lower Mainland and Southern Vancouver Island and have increasingly neglected rural BC. Too often the revenues generated from resources in rural BC are used to subsidize major projects in the Lower Mainland, while smaller communities throughout the province struggle to thrive.

Voice for Rural BC

The Rural BC Party will be a relentless voice for rural BC. The party will advocate for the needs of rural British Columbians and ensure that the region is no longer being ignored by Victoria. By focusing on policies rather than politics, we will provide a voice in the centre to bridge the polarizing politics of the major parties. The Rural BC Party will be the champion for disenfranchised British Columbians and will build support and run provincial candidates in BC’s 23 rural ridings in the next election.

Developing Rural Communities

Many communities in rural BC are on life support and have never had the opportunity or the means to diversify their economies and truly flourish. Throughout the province, these communities have lacked the economic stability, direct investments and government supports that are so desperately needed. The Rural BC party will fight to ensure that all communities outside of the Lower Mainland and Southern Vancouver Island are given a hand-up. By helping develop rural BC communities the province as a whole will ultimately benefit.

Greater legislative Independence

To properly represent the voices of rural BC, we believe that our elected MLAs shouldn’t be whipped to vote along strict party lines. Policy should be built from the ground up and not dictated by party politics. Rural BC MLAs will have a free vote in the legislature to ultimately better represent the needs and wishes of their constituents. The Rural BC Party is committed to focusing on issues that are critical to rural communities.

https://www.ruralbc.ca/

Hoid
+1
good idea.

bill barilko
It's a load of bull from the same whiners as always.

Go anywhere in rural BC and you hear the same pathetic bleating about how they're forgotten/underfunded/downtrodden and generally shat upon.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Good win enough seats to hold the purse .

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1
So that is a party that would represent almost no one?

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

So that is a party that would represent almost no one?

And ?

Danbones
Free Thinker
Name a major city in PEI

NO GOOGLING!

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

And ?

Would you like me to tell you how to read a graph?

pgs
Free Thinker
+4
#9  Top Rated Post

Would you like me to tell you how to read a graph?

Kamloops , Kelowna , Penticton , Vernon , Prince George , Revelstoke , Salmon Arm , Chase , 100 Mile House . And others are not considered rural areas , yet are all in the interior of B.C. and effected by the voting habits of our two major population centres . So in my opinion yes the interior can play the.same game as the greenweavers .

Hoid
People should be able to vote for someone who represents them and their interests.

That would seem to be basic democracy.

petros
+1
A wonderful idea.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

Kamloops , Kelowna , Penticton , Vernon , Prince George , Revelstoke , Salmon Arm , Chase , 100 Mile House . And others are not considered rural areas , yet are all in the interior of B.C. and effected by the voting habits of our two major population centres . So in my opinion yes the interior can play the.same game as the greenweavers .

Right,and as the graph shows those centres are too small to have any major impact on an election, which was exactly my point.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Right,and as the graph shows those centres are too small to have any major impact on an election, which was exactly my point.

Are they ? I failed to mention Prince Rupert Terrace , Kitimat , Quesnel Williams Lake , Castlegar , Cranbrook , Vanderhoof MacKenzie , Ft St. John , Ft. Nelson , Dawson Creek , Nelson , Trail . Give your head a shake .

Tecumsehsbones
Never can have enough political parties.

Hoid
+2

what was your point?

That rural BC is too small to be of any consequence to anyone but the people who live there?

That would seem to me to be a reason to have its own representation.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

Are they ? I failed to mention Prince Rupert Terrace , Kitimat , Quesnel Williams Lake , Castlegar , Cranbrook , Vanderhoof MacKenzie , Ft St. John , Ft. Nelson , Dawson Creek , Nelson , Trail . Give your head a shake .

Read the graph. Only about 10% of BC is rural. You are mistakenly assuming that every voter who lives in a city smaller than Victoria is going to support the new party. Most won't.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

what was your point?

That rural BC is too small to be of any consequence to anyone but the people who live there?

That would seem to me to be a reason to have its own representation.

My point is that a party that is designed to represent only 10% of the population is bound to fail. Stop reading things into my posts I didn't put there.

Hoid
black people are 10% of the American population.

does that mean black people should not run for office?

pgs
Free Thinker
+2

Read the graph. Only about 10% of BC is rural. You are mistakenly assuming that every voter who lives in a city smaller than Victoria is going to support the new party. Most won't.

You are not getting the picture Itried to paint for you . None of these centres are considered rural and they are all in the interior of the province with the exception of Prince Rupert and Kitimat .

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

black people are 10% of the American population.

does that mean black people should not run for office?

Hoid, you are starting to post stupidly. Try to avoid complete non-sequiturs and posting replies to things I did not say.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

You are not getting the picture Itried to paint for you . None of these centres are considered rural and they are all in the interior of the province with the exception of Prince Rupert and Kitimat .

You aren't getting the picture. If these centres are not rural then their populations are hardly likely to vote for the new party are they?

Hoid
Try to avoid saying stupid shit.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

You aren't getting the picture. If these centres are not rural then their populations are hardly likely to vote for the new party are they?

Why not ? They supported Whacky Bill Bennett and his social credit party , Bill Vanderzalm , Gordon Gibson . Why not a new party ?

pgs
Free Thinker

Try to avoid saying stupid shit.

Please .

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

Why not ? They supported Whacky Bill Bennett and his social credit party , Bill Vanderzalm , Gordon Gibson . Why not a new party ?

Because you are making the assumption that a majority of people in these small centres will vote for a new party. That is highly unlikely. Most likely the best they might do is split the vote in a handful of constituencies.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Because you are making the assumption that a majority of people in these small centres will vote for a new party. That is highly unlikely. Most likely the best they might do is split the vote in a handful of constituencies.

I am not making any assumptions , you stated the interior of B.C. was an empty hinterland and was all rural , I simply pointed out that there are lots of communities in the hinterland that are not considered rural . If these people want to support a new party it is their right , wether the will or not only time can tell .

Hoid
+1
People should have a person and a party that represents their views.

That is a basic democracy.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

I am not making any assumptions , you stated the interior of B.C. was an empty hinterland and was all rural , I simply pointed out that there are lots of communities in the hinterland that are not considered rural . If these people want to support a new party it is their right , wether the will or not only time can tell .

I stated no such thing. But you just did. I simply posted a graph showing that BC is the most urbanized province in Canada and as such a party appealing to less than 10% of voters would likely go nowhere.

pgs
Free Thinker

I stated no such thing. But you just did. I simply posted a graph showing that BC is the most urbanized province in Canada and as such a party appealing to less than 10% of voters would likely go nowhere.

Exactly .

Hoid

in 2017 the Green party got 330K votes won three seats and holds the balance of power in the new coalition government.

So maybe you need to rethink

Also take a long look at who is agreeing with you.